Marshall County

nascardude

The game at Hickman Co. in week zero will tell me quite a bit. The Bulldogs are coached by Eric Swenson and are poised to have a breakthrough year now that they are in 2A. They were competitive though the record didn't show it in Class 4A with those Metro Schools and now in a region where Lewis Co. & Fairview are considered "the powers" I believe Hickman Co. has much reason to be excited. Coach Swenson's Wing-T attack is potent and while at Huntingdon as the OC he baffled defenses. Just ask David Lipscomb about the 2003 Class 2A State Title Game.

Marshall Co. will be young up front to start the season and the last two years it has been the Tigers inability to stop the run that has really kept them behind. Offensively the Tigers have been a juggernaut but defensively against the run they have not. Hickman Co.'s run heavy offense will put the Tigers defense to the test right off the bat as the "Don Thomas Era" kicks off in week zero.

I will definately have my eyes on the scoreboard awaiting the outcome to this game once 9:30 PM rolls around on the night of Friday August 24th.

Two things you can count on: 1. He'll be in the wing t 2. The ball will be run on the ground. We always said: he runs to set up the run. MC sounds impressive. I'd guess they'll definitely have an advantage in the speed category which is always huge.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BC --

That would be Jake Morris at QB. You are right -- he has the smarts and the athletic ability to get the job done. He has a great arm and has speed to go with it. I wouldn't consider him a double threat of any magnitude, but he can tuck the ball and go with it if he has to. This team has all of the elements to be successful, only time will tell if they are able to put it all together into the total package

And yes Middle Tennessee -- Discipline was the biggest thing missing from this MC team the past couple of years and if nothing else Don Thomas has restored that quality element in MC Football. They have been going at it hard in off season conditioning and I persoanlly feel that this team is better prepared than any I have seen since the championship year of 1984. A very good test will be at the Annual Chamber of Commerce Pigskin Preview in which MC will be playing a very good Lincoln County team.

Not giving Mac too much credit!

Two things you can count on: 1. He'll be in the wing t 2. The ball will be run on the ground. We always said: he runs to set up the run. MC sounds impressive. I'd guess they'll definitely have an advantage in the speed category which is always huge.

I would imagine at times you would LOVE to have him back to run to set up the run!!

I would imagine at times you would LOVE to have him back to run to set up the run!!

4way is right those Mustangs are missing Mr. Swenson.....just hoping some day that he will be back in the fold in Stang-land....looks like you all may need to vacate that Head Coaching Position a little faster.....Swenson is definitely a lost son to the town of Huntingdon and he does a good job in the HC as well....Go Dawgs

4way is right those Mustangs are missing Mr. Swenson.....just hoping some day that he will be back in the fold in Stang-land....looks like you all may need to vacate that Head Coaching Position a little faster.....Swenson is definitely a lost son to the town of Huntingdon and he does a good job in the HC as well....Go Dawgs

this is about MC not HC

I have said before that the region doesn't have any sure wins with the exception of MC mabe, but...

Normally you schedule a cupcake for Homecoming. Is that motivation for the cubs?

Great Question!!!

I really don't think it matters one bit to the Cubs players. The guys that I have seen that should star on Friday nights for this year's squad don't really have a grasp on any "motivation type of stuff". The CCCHS players are a group that just loves hanging out with one another and will do whatever it takes to be successful. I LIKE THEM!!!!

This Cheatham Co. team compares to the team from 2004 in the sense that there is very little when you look at the seniors. The junior class is 20 deep and all of them should contribute on Friday nights this fall. There are a number of sophomores returning that can play and even be good right away. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing remains to be seen as far as 2007 is concerned but in the future it's definately good. There may be 2-3 incoming freshmen players that contribute some defensively and they'll likely see the field on special teams.

I AM NEVER COCKY WHEN SPEAKING OF CHEATHAM COUNTY CUBS FOOTBALL BECAUSE THE STAFF & THE PLAYERS ARE ALL VERY HUMBLE BOTH IN VICTORY & DEFEAT!!! Arrogance is not a good trait to have as a player at CCCHS. 2006 was a year for some of the guys who played last year as sophomores to take their lumps early. They did just that starting the season at 1-4. Down the stretch the seniors from last year's team were great and the young cats really grew up before our eyes. As the numbers indicate this year's bunch is very junuor heavy. 2007 & 2008 have a shot to be a couple of really good years if the guys play to their potential.

The region slate is tougher than ever and there are ABSOLUTELY NO AUTOMATIC WINS anywhere on the schedule. If the Cubs continue to improve weekly and play hard then they will be a playoff team for the sixth straight year. If not then they could miss out on the postseason in what as I stated is a tough region. ONLY TIME WILL TELL...................