Jefferson County Football (Fall Practice thread)

DZbettin

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought it would be fun to start a new thread

I counted 95-100 kids at camp today. Roughly 65 varsity - 35 freshman. Was told several varsity members were out due to senior pictures. The freshman team should be pretty stout.

It is time for a new thread. A couple of questions for anyone to answer. Who can we expect to step up this year and make big contributions (excluding those that have already proven their value)? I expect Brooks to have a good year, and would love to see the big boys up front push some people around (Kelton, Stewart, Griffin, Plont). I'm sure some others as well.

Will Jeff County be the first home game on the new turf for MTW?

It is time for a new thread. A couple of questions for anyone to answer. Who can we expect to step up this year and make big contributions (excluding those that have already proven their value)? I expect Brooks to have a good year, and would love to see the big boys up front push some people around (Kelton, Stewart, Griffin, Plont). I'm sure some others as well.

Will Jeff County be the first home game on the new turf for MTW?

Brooks will be strictly offense this year, he started off strong last year, especially in the jamboree, before he had his shoulder problems.

I biggest question for me going into this pre season period is who is going to step up at WR, hopefully 2 or 3 guys will emerge. I think the running game will be solid, but that usually leads to team loading the box, once that happens we need some guys to stretch the field. Right now I don’t know if we have anyone that can stretch the field consistently

DANDRIDGE - Jefferson County head football coach Justin Anderson has announced that his team will begin preseason camp on Sunday, July 22, at 2 p.m.

All rising freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who want to play football in 2007 need to attend this opening session, and arrive at 1:30 p.m.

The normal camp hours will be from 7:30 a.m. till 2:30 p.m. on weekdays from July 23 thru August 3. The camp will conclude with a scrimmage at Knox West on Friday, August 3, at 6 p.m.

Before the Patriots begin camp, they will travel to South-Doyle tonight for a 7-on-7 passing workout. The two teams competed in a similar practice at JCHS last month.

The remainder of Jefferson County’s 2007 preseason schedule is as follows: Tuesday, August 7, scrimmage at home against Knox Central; Thursday, August 16, scrimmage at home against Farragut; Friday, August 17, IMAC Jamboree at Carson-Newman’s Burke-Tarr Stadium.

The JCHS Freshmen team will open its season on Thursday, August 23, at Greeneville. The varsity Patriots will begin the year by hosting the Green Devils the following night at 7:30 p.m.

Since the old thread will soon be gone, thought I`d repost this so people won`t have to keep going back to try to find this info

Since the old thread will soon be gone, thought I`d repost this so people won`t have to keep going back to try to find this info

Hey Patriotman, I wasn't tired of it and it was impressive that it lasted so long

But it was getting offbase alittle bit with the morristown east chatter so i thought this might help get it back on track