Jefferson County Football (Fall Practice thread)

DZbettin

The brite spots were the D line looked pretty good. Tarance got in the back field a few times. Yeary made it back there to and got a sack or two. Got burnt a few times on pass plays and sweeps. O line line well... don't seem to be handling the D like they should for the size they have. The brite spot there was Brooks who seemed to gain yardage every time he got the ball and did not have any fumbles. Maybe Tarance should be on the O line as well as quick as he is for his size. McFall completed a pass or two.

2nd string O looked good against their 2nd string D and moved the ball down the field. 2nd string D gave up a score.

Fumbles were due to wet ball and not protecting it. Hanging out there to get smacked away.

The biggest areas that need work are the O-line and secondary.

Thanks for the update. The Ryan kid is a really good QB. As most of you know his did Pat played for Jets a long time.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The brite spots were the D line looked pretty good. Tarance got in the back field a few times. Yeary made it back there to and got a sack or two. Got burnt a few times on pass plays and sweeps. O line line well... don't seem to be handling the D like they should for the size they have. The brite spot there was Brooks who seemed to gain yardage every time he got the ball and did not have any fumbles. Maybe Tarance should be on the O line as well as quick as he is for his size. McFall completed a pass or two.

2nd string O looked good against their 2nd string D and moved the ball down the field. 2nd string D gave up a score.

Fumbles were due to wet ball and not protecting it. Hanging out there to get smacked away.

The biggest areas that need work are the O-line and secondary.

so who is going to be starting qb? McFall or Long?

Has he got any better than last year? And i heard the steele kid is beating out mcfall at tailback any truth in that?

I HIGHLY doubt it, but if its true it could be a good thing after hearing how bad the secondary struggled. I know this playing both ways seemed to wear McFall down which led to injury IMO. At the very least spliting time with another back would reduced his risk of injury and keep him fresher. I know there was a kid at RB last year that looked good in the scrimmages but I never saw much of him in games. I believe he was #31 but I`m not sure, either way the more depth at better especially at tailback.

I HIGHLY doubt it, but if its true it could be a good thing after hearing how bad the secondary struggled. I know this playing both ways seemed to wear McFall down which led to injury IMO. At the very least spliting time with another back would reduced his risk of injury and keep him fresher. I know there was a kid at RB last year that looked good in the scrimmages but I never saw much of him in games. I believe he was #31 but I`m not sure, either way the more depth at better especially at tailback.

Im hearing they running ther veer this year correct? so why not put your best athlete at QB mcfall? does anyone agree? and who is the other running back in the system? Steele?

Im hearing they running ther veer this year correct? so why not put your best athlete at QB mcfall? does anyone agree? and who is the other running back in the system? Steele?

Long is the perfect QB for running the veer IMO, he's mobile, and has a strong arm. Like the last few years awith Jeff County QB's accuracy and decision making are the question marks. Short of injury I see no reason why Long shouldn`t start at QB.