Logan Parker out 10-12 weeks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mg.... Wrong, Wrong and Wrong again.... That kid was under a BIGGER MICROSCOPE Than you can imagine.... "Trust me" I know what I am talking about....It had the potential to get ugly quick..... GROWN UPS NEED TO LEAVE THESE KIDS ALONE AND LET THEM PLAY..... "TOO MANY TROUBLE MAKERS WHO WERE READY TO JUMP ON THIS THING WITH BOTH FEET..... " An OUT OF TOWN KID REPLACING A "HOMEGROWN KID WHO IS 22-3 as a starter... IS ALL THAT PEOPLE COULD TALK ABOUT......" GROWN PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THESE KIDS...EITHER SUPPORT YOUR TEAM or STAY AT HOME AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!........ "Soon they will be grown and "the real world hits them head on"......"Let them enjoy their youth"... It's something they will never get back again....Let them play ball and leave all that Un-Necessary BS Out of it..... Some of these sold called "ADULTS" need to get a life and leave this kids alone...

I hate it for the kid.... That kid left friends who he played ball and went to school with his WHOLE LIFE to play for a winner... YOU KNOW HE took ALOT OF HEAT for coming down here....But he was in a "no-win"situation.....And so was Bowling.... THE KIDS WERE FINE WITH IT!......And I believe the PARENTS OF THE KIDS WERE FINE WITH IT!..... This move has been in the making for SEVERAL MONTHS......And the move would benefit TAYLOR AND THE TEAM.....because Taylor WILL NOT PLAY QB in College....He will play another position......And in Bowlings offense this move would get the ball into Taylor's hands in more ways than one... And let him be the playmaker he is....And play SAFETY ON DEFENSE......BUT GROWN UPS WILL NOT LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE......And I really believe that if this team had STRUGGLED in the least ....Struggle to win a game ( AND WE WILL BE THE GAME FOR EVERYBODY THIS YEAR) or lose a game or two and "second guessing and CONTROVERSY would have been putting it mildly.....Because all that SOME PEOPLE see is a guy who went 22-3 as a starter ( I AM NOT ONE OF THEM) being moved out of a position that he has played since 10th grade when James Counce MADE him quarterback after Justin Blake had been the qb on an UNDEFEATED freshman team....And Darren Bowling bringing in "his guy"..... Parker was all 3A region qb as a sophmore.. And knows Darren Bowling's offense INSIDE AND OUT... And he would have made EVERYONE around him better and vice versa.... But He is on the shelf... And Probably for the year...So for the rest of the year....(think Lake County with Brandon Springer).......Taylor YOU ARE THE MAN!..... YOU WILL DO A GREAT JOB!..... And in this offense... You have SPEED, SPEED and MORE SPEED at the skill Positions... With Taylor at the helm... And Caldwell and Whitfield to pitch to.....If YOU ARE A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.... WHO ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE KEEP THE BALL TO BEAT YOU?.........Parker ( although he has a really good arm) isn't THAT FAST.....Like I have said before... THEY ARE NOT GOING TO THROW THE BALL OVER 10 TIMES A GAME.... And when he HAS TO PASS.... and I would say up to 30 or 40 yards...Taylor can throw a "FROZEN ROPE".....And you DON"T HAVE TO THROW THE BALL EVERY PLAY TO GET TO MURFREESBORO....Being able to RUN THE BALL and play GREAT DEFENSE is what all Champioship teams have in common.... GET THAT DEFENSE READY WES KENNEDY!...Look at Lipscomb and Knoxville Fulton....Run, Run and Run somemore... What did David Lipscomb attempt in last year' semi-final win... 1 pass?... UT signee Dennis Rogan put up over 200 yards against Lipcomb in the State Title game... And had over 200 yds more in a semi-final win over Pearl-Cohn....And I bet they DIDN"T throw the ball over 10 times a game... And that is what Bowling's offense is based on... Regardless of who is playing WR......Lots of mis-direction and a man in motion constantly....I hate it for Parker in the worse way... My heart goes out to him and his family and I hope he has a speedy recovery...And has a chance to play college ball somewhere....But as of right now.... Rashad Taylor HAS BEEN A TEAM PLAYER.... I HONESTLY BELIEVE He wanted LOGAN PARKER here MORE THAN ANYBODY... .He and the other kids as well.... "My hat is off to him AND the other kids for taking Parker in an making him feel welcome...Takes a "big man" in more ways than one to "take one for the team" ... and play a position that is going to HELP THE TEAM( and no doubt help HIMSELF AS FAR AS HIS FUTURE GOES) ...But as of right now... Parker is out of the picture...and from all reports I have been hearing.. Probably for the season...Taylor is back under center.... And I look forward to the "Black and Gold" rolling on....Because I have NOTHING BUT FAITH in the kid who was handed the job over 2 years ago as a raw unproven sophmore.....Hey, dude... It's YOUR SENIOR season... I can never remember a Dyersburg team having this much SPEED and talent at the skilled positions...Bowling is giving you the "keys to the Black and Gold Machine Rashad, So crank this baby up and grab the wheel and LETS" ROLL!....I know football is a TEAM game and you are as only good as the guys around you.......And we still are loaded as a "baked potato"......... Dyersburg is 22-3 with Rashad Taylor at the quarterback position.... I would love for him to end his career with only 3 loses in the W column.... "Be a leader like WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN and point this bunch towards Murfreesboro".....

hey stevie ray turn this any way you can to make the trojans look bad but i talked to a trojan coach today who said when the dock got in the thumb today it wasnt what they thought was wrong just a fracture and parker could be back in 2-3weeks before the first game pending on how tuff he is

Hey Mg.... Wrong, Wrong and Wrong again.... That kid was under a BIGGER MICROSCOPE Than you can imagine.... "Trust me" I know what I am talking about....It had the potential to get ugly quick..... GROWN UPS NEED TO LEAVE THESE KIDS ALONE AND LET THEM PLAY..... "TOO MANY TROUBLE MAKERS WHO WERE READY TO JUMP ON THIS THING WITH BOTH FEET..... " An OUT OF TOWN KID REPLACING A "HOMEGROWN KID WHO IS 22-3 as a starter... IS ALL THAT PEOPLE COULD TALK ABOUT......" GROWN PEOPLE NEED TO SUPPORT THESE KIDS...EITHER SUPPORT YOUR TEAM or STAY AT HOME AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!........ "Soon they will be grown and "the real world hits them head on"......"Let them enjoy their youth"... It's something they will never get back again....Let them play ball and leave all that Un-Necessary BS Out of it..... Some of these sold called "ADULTS" need to get a life and leave this kids alone...

parents dont get paid to coach!!!!! if they dont like whats going on then have them transfer their kids.... if the game was played the way the parents wanted everytime then dyersburg football would be like dyercounty.... its not always what the parent wants its whats best for the team and the program isnt that right MR GRANT!!!! just like counce was! bowling is doing whats best for the kids and this team..... rashad was ok with everything and click was to... SO IF YOUR A FAN YOU WILL QUIT QUESTNING EVERY MOVE MADE AND JUMP ON THE TRAIN CAUSE WE ARE HEADED TO THE BORO.....

i was not going to reply at first about stevieray's statement about controversy....which is NOT TRUE.....

but i will say this.......in the last 2 days, i bet i have gotten about 25 or 30 phone calls about his post: who is he? why is telling false propaganda about dhs football? ....

stevieray may want to go underground cause he has really ticked some big dhs supporters and players........ like i said, my phone has rang off the hook about his post......

stevieray......from someone who really is in the know....there is no controversy, nor is one brewing unless you are the cook.....logan parker has been accepted by the team, he is a trojan....and he has been accepted and welcomed by the COMMUNITY.......everywhere i go, church, the mall, hibbets sports, the cozy kitchen, abes ribeye, neils barbecue, and even tonight at the new lupos, everyone is commenting about parker coming to dburg......

in conversations with over at least 100 trojan supporters in the last 2 weeks, i have only heard one negative comment......and that was yours......

please remember the players read coacht.............. some of the seniors are upset about your comments.... one senior said "ain't nobdy going to talk bad about our team or teammates"......

best thing to do is not respond......

i was not going to reply at first about stevieray's statement about controversy....which is NOT TRUE.....

but i will say this.......in the last 2 days, i bet i have gotten about 25 or 30 phone calls about his post: who is he? why is telling false propaganda about dhs football? ....

stevieray may want to go underground cause he has really ticked some big dhs supporters and players........ like i said, my phone has rang off the hook about his post......

stevieray......from someone who really is in the know....there is no controversy, nor is one brewing unless you are the cook.....logan parker has been accepted by the team, he is a trojan....and he has been accepted and welcomed by the COMMUNITY.......everywhere i go, church, the mall, hibbets sports, the cozy kitchen, abes ribeye, neils barbecue, and even tonight at the new lupos, everyone is commenting about parker coming to dburg......

in conversations with over at least 100 trojan supporters in the last 2 weeks, i have only heard one negative comment......and that was yours......

please remember the players read coacht.............. some of the seniors are upset about your comments.... one senior said "ain't nobdy going to talk bad about our team or teammates"......

best thing to do is not respond......

you are the man MG.. THE MAN....

hey stevie ray turn this any way you can to make the trojans look bad but i talked to a trojan coach today who said when the dock got in the thumb today it wasnt what they thought was wrong just a fracture and parker could be back in 2-3weeks before the first game pending on how tuff he is

Tyler Caldwell's Dad told me the same thing yesterday..that Parker wasn't as bad as first thought and would probably be back in about 3 weeks..He seems to think that Parker will be held out of the jamboree and maybe the 1st game and be ready to play..

hey stevie ray - the only people in dyer county not happy about our new QB live in newbern or wear orange and white...

It seems that the turmoil between these two schools will keep on continuing..From the Justin Blake fallout ,Dyer Co being on probation several years ago..I know this is a football site but word I have is that Dyersburg lost another basketball player,Rex Pierce to Dyer Co this week...The saga continues!

It seems that the turmoil between these two schools will keep on continuing..From the Justin Blake fallout ,Dyer Co being on probation several years ago..I know this is a football site but word I have is that Dyersburg lost another basketball player,Rex Pierce to Dyer Co this week...The saga continues!

Quick quiz: Who speaks with more reason, respect, and logic, Dyersburg and Dyer County football players or Dyersburg and Dyer County fans? If you need any hint at all, review the posts on this site.

Quick quiz: Who speaks with more reason, respect, and logic, Dyersburg and Dyer County football players or Dyersburg and Dyer County fans? If you need any hint at all, review the posts on this site.

I'm an outsider in a way because I go to the Lake Co games even though I've lived in Dyer Co the past 25 years and Newbern the last 12 and have a son that has always went to Northview and is a freshman at Dyer Co this year..I'm pretty sure I don't even have to go back and read the posts...I'm pretty sure most of the kids go to church together,different hang-outs etc and are great friends..I'm sure it's the fans ..It would be great for the teams to get fired up for their one big game and keep it clean and pull for each other the rest of the way..but based on the people I'm around here at work and around the Newbern area..if you live in Newbern..you hope Dyersburg loses every game..And vice versa..There are a few fans that pulls for each other as long as they don't play each other but I haven't seen many..Now that both teams are in the same district and can knock each other out of the playoffs,I believe that's just turned up the tension even more..It would be nice if everyone could realize that both these teams are our county teams and pull for each other but I don't see that happening..

I'm embarrassed most of the time when I read posts on here by DHS fans. I'm sure there are some that just like to stir up trouble because it's easy to hide behind a cpu screen with a user name and talk trash.

I'm just still very excited about the up coming season and hope all players the best of luck on every team. I also hope they are all able to stay healthy and settle all scores on the grid iron because that's when it matters.

TEAM- PRIDE- CLASS! Go Trojans!

I'm an outsider in a way because I go to the Lake Co games even though I've lived in Dyer Co the past 25 years and Newbern the last 12 and have a son that has always went to Northview and is a freshman at Dyer Co this year..I'm pretty sure I don't even have to go back and read the posts...I'm pretty sure most of the kids go to church together,different hang-outs etc and are great friends..I'm sure it's the fans ..It would be great for the teams to get fired up for their one big game and keep it clean and pull for each other the rest of the way..but based on the people I'm around here at work and around the Newbern area..if you live in Newbern..you hope Dyersburg loses every game..And vice versa..There are a few fans that pulls for each other as long as they don't play each other but I haven't seen many..Now that both teams are in the same district and can knock each other out of the playoffs,I believe that's just turned up the tension even more..It would be nice if everyone could realize that both these teams are our county teams and pull for each other but I don't see that happening..

There is, indeed, this group of fans who pull for both Dyer County teams. A few years ago, Dyer County had a super girls team, undefeated until well into the tournament season. A number of Dyersburg fans (I was one of t hem.) attended all their tournament games. Ab Davis, who coached for years at Dyer County and for a short time at Dyersburg, is a good friend. I hope Dyer County--and especially Ab's grandson--have good seasons this year. Dyer County had an excellent basketball team last year (men's) and I know there were some Dyersburg fans who pulled for them. The DC baseball team does well, and I hope they win everything except the Dyersburg games. Some people think they can elevate their school by dragging down other schools.

When I posed the question about who had the most class, the school's players or their fans, I was also referring to the remarkable tendency to exaggerate and tell outright untruths on this forum. "Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story," I suppose.

If I could make changes to Coach T's format, I would suggest--using your own name, not a false name and avatar, including a picture of yourself and your address. I very much agree with "bonestrojan" about getting alone in front of a computer and hiding behind anonymity. I some ways, Coach T is a bit like a newspaper publishing unsigned letters to the editor. For many years, that was known as the very definition of a trashy paper. People should not write things they are not willing to stand behind.