Gallatin down and out?

Except the part of the town that is at the Station Camp games. We pack our stadium too.

GALLATIN SENIOR HIGH AND STATIONCAMP HIGH SCHOOL ARE BOTH GALLATIN SCHOOLS AND I CANT SPEAK FOR ALL THE FANS WHO LIVE IN GALLATIN BUT I PULL FOR BOTH SCHOOLS...SO PROUD OF BOTH OF THEM MAKING THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND HOPE TO SEE THEM BOTH IN THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN THIS YEAR...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just trying to find out how Gallatin did against NE last friday. And what kind of sets and plays did NE run against you all!

Gallatin won it 28-0... I believe NE ran a version of the wing-T... they quick snapped to the RB quite a bit which got them some yards up the middle and they ran a counter off the right side for pretty good yardage.. However, GHS made adjustments and pretty much stopped them once they did. They had no air attack at all.. Not much else to report.. they had more size than Gallatin but weren't a very disciplined team IMO..

GALLATIN SENIOR HIGH AND STATIONCAMP HIGH SCHOOL ARE BOTH GALLATIN SCHOOLS AND I CANT SPEAK FOR ALL THE FANS WHO LIVE IN GALLATIN BUT I PULL FOR BOTH SCHOOLS...SO PROUD OF BOTH OF THEM MAKING THE PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR AND HOPE TO SEE THEM BOTH IN THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN THIS YEAR...

Couldn't have said it better.

I certainly hope Gallatin has a successful year, and I'm sure they will. But the reality is that the program and school is slowly slipping into mediocrity. The growth of the midstate and Sumner County is starting to expose the flaws in our community's mindset. That mindset being that change should be a last resort unless $$$$ is involved.

In a region were comminities like Franklin, Brentwood, Murfreesboro are adding public and private schools every year Gallatin is content to let Hendersonville make progress for the whole county. While Station Camp High is technically in Gallatin it draws much, much more from Hendersonville. And then you have JP2, and soon Davidson Academy. The great teachers and administrators that were the foundation of Gallatin for so many years got tired of dealing with bs and fled to for Greener pastures (pun very much intended) such as the aforementioned schools as well as Merrol hyde Magnet school and even Union Elementary.

What remains are those who are loyal, but for wrong or niave reasons. Every year more and more of my friends and coleagues in the Gallatin area express disappointment with the decline of the schools standards. Of course if you want to distract the public you focus all of your attentions to the athletic programs in hopes of sweeping the important Deficiencies out of view.

Gallatin has benefited from the real programs of quality being in other regions-Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Smyrna, MBA, BA, etc.. When was the last time GHS beat any of these teams? And who would have ever thought that Smyrna would win a state title by beating the team that THUMPED Gallatin out of the FIRST ROUND?

Unfortunately I, myself, fell into the trap of thinking that the Green Wave was "back" in recent years. In fact the Green Wave was left for dead in the '80s and early '90s. Programs all around have improved and surpassed Gallatin. Some have literally sprung up from the ground and had more success than Gallatin in just a few short years. The most 5A playoff wins that Gallatin has had in one year is two. In that time several programs have gone from virtually (or literally) nothing to win state titles e.g.- Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Smyrna.

Gallatin as a community needs to decide if it wants to be great again. While Gallatin is growing in population it is receeding in quality. Fairvue Plantation is a great example of that. As nice a neighborhood in the mid state, possibly in the mid south. And how many homes are sitting vacant right now? Seventy. Put Fairvue in Franklin, Brentwood, or M'boro and how many would be vacant? Probably single digits.

The town simply does not attract anyone who wants a quality area for their family. If the choices are Franklin, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, M'boro, or Gallatin the results are clear. Home sales in each area reflect that clearly. Last month ALONE Gallatin isn't within 20 homes sold of each of those areas. Not even close. In fact Gallatin is closer to Portland and White House than those other areas.

There are still great, great people here. The possibilities are endless. But to use language that we will all understand- RETARD.

Look up the definition before you blast me for using the word.

I certainly hope Gallatin has a successful year, and I'm sure they will. But the reality is that the program and school is slowly slipping into mediocrity. The growth of the midstate and Sumner County is starting to expose the flaws in our community's mindset. That mindset being that change should be a last resort unless $$$$ is involved.

In a region were comminities like Franklin, Brentwood, Murfreesboro are adding public and private schools every year Gallatin is content to let Hendersonville make progress for the whole county. While Station Camp High is technically in Gallatin it draws much, much more from Hendersonville. And then you have JP2, and soon Davidson Academy. The great teachers and administrators that were the foundation of Gallatin for so many years got tired of dealing with bs and fled to for Greener pastures (pun very much intended) such as the aforementioned schools as well as Merrol hyde Magnet school and even Union Elementary.

What remains are those who are loyal, but for wrong or niave reasons. Every year more and more of my friends and coleagues in the Gallatin area express disappointment with the decline of the schools standards. Of course if you want to distract the public you focus all of your attentions to the athletic programs in hopes of sweeping the important Deficiencies out of view.

Gallatin has benefited from the real programs of quality being in other regions-Riverdale, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Smyrna, MBA, BA, etc.. When was the last time GHS beat any of these teams? And who would have ever thought that Smyrna would win a state title by beating the team that THUMPED Gallatin out of the FIRST ROUND?

Unfortunately I, myself, fell into the trap of thinking that the Green Wave was "back" in recent years. In fact the Green Wave was left for dead in the '80s and early '90s. Programs all around have improved and surpassed Gallatin. Some have literally sprung up from the ground and had more success than Gallatin in just a few short years. The most 5A playoff wins that Gallatin has had in one year is two. In that time several programs have gone from virtually (or literally) nothing to win state titles e.g.- Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Smyrna.

Gallatin as a community needs to decide if it wants to be great again. While Gallatin is growing in population it is receeding in quality. Fairvue Plantation is a great example of that. As nice a neighborhood in the mid state, possibly in the mid south. And how many homes are sitting vacant right now? Seventy. Put Fairvue in Franklin, Brentwood, or M'boro and how many would be vacant? Probably single digits.

The town simply does not attract anyone who wants a quality area for their family. If the choices are Franklin, Hendersonville, Mt. Juliet, M'boro, or Gallatin the results are clear. Home sales in each area reflect that clearly. Last month ALONE Gallatin isn't within 20 homes sold of each of those areas. Not even close. In fact Gallatin is closer to Portland and White House than those other areas.

There are still great, great people here. The possibilities are endless. But to use language that we will all understand- RETARD.

Look up the definition before you blast me for using the word.

You may want to change your signature, based on the post I just read...