Chattanooga area preseason rankings

chasanooga

Post your thoughts/rankings on who you think will do the best by season's end.

Here are my predictions:

1. Notre Dame, (Tie) solid returning group, looking to replace all state goalie.

1. Baylor, (Tie) look for junior class to step up and make a statement.

3. CCS, Leah Wilson will keep them in a lot of games.

4. Ooltewah, always athletic, will be competitive.

5. Soddy Daisy, Lantner and Swann will be a one-two punch.

6. GPS, may struggle, lost a lot of players (new coach).

7. Hixson, the triplets are solid, don't take them lightly.

8. Red Bank, have some good players.

9. Boyd Buchanon, will play hard.

10. Grace, loss of Sanchez to Baylor & Moss to graduation hurts.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your thoughts/rankings on who you think will do the best by season's end.

Here are my predictions:

1. Notre Dame, (Tie) solid returning group, looking to replace all state goalie.

1. Baylor, (Tie) look for junior class to step up and make a statement.

3. CCS, Leah Wilson will keep them in a lot of games.

4. Ooltewah, always athletic, will be competitive.

5. Soddy Daisy, Lantner and Swann will be a one-two punch.

6. GPS, may struggle, lost a lot of players (new coach).

7. Hixson, the triplets are solid, don't take them lightly.

8. Red Bank, have some good players.

9. Boyd Buchanon, will play hard.

10. Grace, loss of Sanchez to Baylor & Moss to graduation hurts.

I'd have to leave Baylor as the #1 by themselves until somebody locally can beat them. Therefore, I'd go:

1. Baylor

2. Notre Dame

3. GPS

4. Ooltewah

5. CCS

6. Soddy

7. Hixson

8. Red Bank

9. Boyd

10. Grace

Well, you know, the "Chattanooga" area extends to the Loudon county line, for all intent.

How do you big city folks feel about the schools out in the reaches?

Good question. The Sweetwater team probably belongs in the top 10. Several others might as well, but lack of knowledge on their programs (seeing them play, coverage in the Chattanooga paper, etc) makes it difficult to compare. I suspect teams in the "heartland" are (unfortunately) used to being overlooked.

Well, you know, the "Chattanooga" area extends to the Loudon county line, for all intent.

How do you big city folks feel about the schools out in the reaches?

While we would love to have Loudon in our Chattanooga metro area, that maybe a bit of a reach.

As far as schools in the outlying areas; I do not know much regarding many of these schools since our paths rarely cross on the playing fields.

How do you think you will fare this season?

Good question. The Sweetwater team probably belongs in the top 10. Several others might as well, but lack of knowledge on their programs (seeing them play, coverage in the Chattanooga paper, etc) makes it difficult to compare. I suspect teams in the "heartland" are (unfortunately) used to being overlooked.

Sweetwater may deserve to be in the top 10 Chattanooga area rankings. To Don C's point we tend to look in on our backyard only and forget that McMinn & Bradley County are certainly in the "Chattanooga area". Cleveland certainly would also warrant a mention as a possible "top 10 team". We just don't see them play enough to know what they have this year.

How's this for getting things stirred up:Is the Chattanooga Area top ten better than the Knoxville Area top ten?

Hamlet, you go first!

Well, specificly (specificaly, specificlly, to make a fine point) I was referring to Sweetwater, Sequoyah or McMinn Central in A/AA and Bradley, Walker, McMinn Co and Cleveland in AAA. We (A/AA) play in districts that are Chattcentric, so what you think is important... and yes, we are used to being overlooked.

Funny, too, what a measure of success might be. I know a team that 3 years ago didn't score a goal, last year won a couple matches; for them success might be stringing together 2 or 3 wins. SQHS has consistantly had 10 win seasons but doesn't win the big game, Sweetwater graduated some good players, it will be interesting to see what they bring in 07.

No one really wants to show their hand... especially the "bit" players.

Sweetwater may deserve to be in the top 10 Chattanooga area rankings. To Don C's point we tend to look in on our backyard only and forget that McMinn & Bradley County are certainly in the "Chattanooga area". Cleveland certainly would also warrant a mention as a possible "top 10 team". We just don't see them play enough to know what they have this year.Hamlet, you go first!

First, my favorite team is still Sweetwater. Why? Because you just gotta love a team named Sweetwater!

Using a 10 point system where 10 is the best team in the State and 1 is a team that loses just about all its games, and using Chasanooga's rankings for Chattanooga and Hamlet7478 for Knoxville:

Chattanooga Area

1. Notre Dame 8.5

1. Baylor 8.5

3. CCS 7.5

4. Ooltewah 7.5

5. Soddy Daisy 7.0

6. GPS 7.0

7. Hixson 6.5

8. Red Bank 6.5

9. Boyd Buchanon 6.5

10. Grace 6.5

Total 72

Knoxville Area

1.Farragut 9.5

2.Bearden 8.5

3.CAK 8.0

4.Oak Ridge 8.0

5.Maryville7.5

6.Webb 7.0

7.Catholic 6.5

8.Karns 6.5

9.Knox West 6.5

10.Alcoa 6.0

Total 74

Close, but Knoxville wins, largely on the strength of its top team. I want everyone to know that this analysis has been scientifically validated by statisticians at the Oak Ridge National Lab.