Mr Football Kicker

timbdp

MoMo Stewart of Cascade in 1A.

MoMo was putting on an exibition today! He is finally 100% and kicking the crap out of the ball! Our practice field beside the playing field is a regulation width (53.3 yards wide). MoMo lined up to practice extra points with the team kicking across the practice field today. The holder was about 6 yards inside of the sideline on the practice field, kicking toward the opposite sideline. Making the distance about 46 yards to the other side of the field. Our Gym was on the opposite side of the field and I'm gonna guess the height at 40 feet on the side of the gym. MoMo almost kicked two ball on top of the gym. What that means is the ball was about 35 feet high at a distance of 55 yards........You do the math!! The entire team was screaming. It was amazing!! Coach decided to cut practice a little short he got so excited. You had to be there to see it. I'll go ahead and predict he has at least 50 % touchbacks this season. MoMo is an amazing athelete! I can't wait for football season to start!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3A kyle yomens dyersburg (junior)

all state as a sophmore in 2006 ( if i recall correctly)

3A preseason all-state 2007 kicker in the murphy fair publication for all star physical therapy all state team

placed 3rd over-all out of 120 kickers at aurburn university

Is he back this year???? He was a pretty good receiver for this team last year as well. I thought that he was for sure graduated. No disrespect intended at all.

MAKE THAT LIST OF MIDSTATE 3A KICKERS FOUR INSTEAD OF THREE!!!

How did all of these kickers do in their jamboree's. Michael Hammons won both the kicking and punting competition in loudon jamboree with a 64 yard kick and 58 yard punt. Both good kicks. It is hard to find jamboree information and how the contests went. Once again i think Mike Hammons will have a good year and will be a contender if this 3-3A region is looked at. He also attended Vanderbilts and Louisvilles kicking camp and won the longest field goal competion at vanderbilt with 55 yards. He also averaged 48 yards in punting at louisville camp. Good luck to all kickers involved, kicking is a lot harder than it looks and it takes a special committment to reach this level.

3A has three really good kickers that are all playing in the midstate area.

Trevor Francis (Sycamore)

Jordan Rion (Page)

Christian Reed (Station Camp)

The best kicker in 2A is Corbin Jones (Waverly Central)

How could you forget about Sam [Dorwin] Shelton of Creek Wood. He was kicking 55 yarders last year in practice. He also broke Chuck Daniel's, CW's head coach, county wide record last year by kicking a 49 yarder during CW's win over Monkey Central...

Guest DHSFB1960

3A kyle yomens dyersburg (junior)

all state as a sophmore in 2006 ( if i recall correctly)

3A preseason all-state 2007 kicker in the murphy fair publication for all star physical therapy all state team

placed 3rd over-all out of 120 kickers at aurburn university

Kyle is the one i was going to mention. he can do more than coaches have asked of him thus far in his h.s. career. he will only get better. Vols need to check him out or lose to him someday in the future. we all know ole Phil tho. nuff said GO TROJANS!!