Best Secondary in 3A

whbdp22

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House with the Payne twins should be ranked very high. Pearl Cohn's secondary is very athletic with Knight and Beard both returning back there. Station Camp has a very good secondary led by L'Darius Moore.

In terms of playing sound football there aren't many secondaries across the board that are usually better than Lipscomb's. The Mustangs play a tough Cover 2 and they have some corners that will flat beat up your receivers at the line of scrimmage.

White House with the Payne twins should be ranked very high. Pearl Cohn's secondary is very athletic with Knight and Beard both returning back there. Station Camp has a very good secondary led by L'Darius Moore.

In terms of playing sound football there aren't many secondaries across the board that are usually better than Lipscomb's. The Mustangs play a tough Cover 2 and they have some corners that will flat beat up your receivers at the line of scrimmage.

Big Country.

I agreee. Payne Twins are a handfull, and Tenpenny @ Lipscomb is a high potential player IMO. Over this way, As good as Fulton's DL was last year, their Secondary will be better this year. They will continue to improve practicing against Stinson/Blair as well. I was also told yesterday of a kid who is a rising Soph at Catholic by the name of Tyler Williamson, 6-2, 185 lb who will be a stud a Safety. Have not seen him play. Just FWIW.

ruse?

Big Country.

I agreee. Payne Twins are a handfull, and Tenpenny @ Lipscomb is a high potential player IMO. Over this way, As good as Fulton's DL was last year, their Secondary will be better this year. They will continue to improve practicing against Stinson/Blair as well. I was also told yesterday of a kid who is a rising Soph at Catholic by the name of Tyler Williamson, 6-2, 185 lb who will be a stud a Safety. Have not seen him play. Just FWIW.

ruse?

Catholic is a well coached defensive football team that does everything right. I'll bet that Harrison Smith's loss will not slow that secondary down at all. Fulton's secondary will be loaded with Smith, Humphrey, & Tyson all returning as well.

In fact FWIW, if Fulton can find some big tackles to put up anywhere near the production that Hamilton & Higgins did on that DL then they will likely boast the best defense in all of 3A. That secondary returning combined with the fact that both Stokes & Cobb are back as well is flat out SCARY!!!

Catholic is a well coached defensive football team that does everything right. I'll bet that Harrison Smith's loss will not slow that secondary down at all. Fulton's secondary will be loaded with Smith, Humphrey, & Tyson all returning as well.

In fact FWIW, if Fulton can find some big tackles to put up anywhere near the production that Hamilton & Higgins did on that DL then they will likely boast the best defense in all of 3A. That secondary returning combined with the fact that both Stokes & Cobb are back as well is flat out SCARY!!!

I think Harrison Smith was the best safety I've seen in a long time. He will be difficult to replace. I'm sure they will be solid anyway.

BC.

They will have them, and they will become very productive as the season moves along. The challenge this yr., IMO will be depth. Hammilton for example did not play Offense, unless it was at Fullback:), all 6-2, 290 of him moving at a legit 5.0

ruse?