Region 1-3A

MineyHaole

Thanks for the reply there Leonard. Do you really think that Pigeon Forge has the abillity to bounce back after such a heart-breaking year? As I said on the voting post, I think that Gibbs may have a shot this year. I really don't have any proof to back my idea, but it seems that they usually make a good run at it every ten years or so; also I heard that Carroll may be leaving at the end of the year so that may give them added insentive to fight. What about Union County, last year they had a pretty good running back and a pretty large line. Will a lack of depth seal their fate. Thanks again Leonard.

Do you think that Carter has the ability to not only win the region for the third straight year, but advance in the playoffs. I like the new schedule and feel that it may give them a new toughness going into the playoffs. I would love to see all four playoff seeds in the region move to the second round...I just think that these teams are all full of good kids and have a hard-nosed edge to them. Thanks.

I was checking out Carter's new schedule. They have apparently picked up Beardern, Karns, and AE. Bearden is much bigger, faster, and confident than they used to be. Karns seems to be the same old Karns. The drop of Fulton to play AE is probably a good move for Carter. The depth that Fulton has is an issue that many in 3A have a hard time dealing with. AE has the speed and physical play, but just not the depth or amount of weapons that Fulton has had.

The question of region 1-3A being able to play with 2-3A is one you could answer yourself. Carter has been able to stay with Fulton for only a half, then it breaks into a one sided game. I don't see any other team from 1-3A being able to stay with the top 3 from 2-3A. The 4th place team from 2-3A is very beatable though.

Look for it to be similar to last year, but with Pigeon Forge coming back to one of the top 3 spots. They took a hard fall last year, but they finally got it right in hiring a coach.

Here is how I see it.

Carter

Seymour

Pigeon Forge

Union Co.

Rutledge

Gibbs

Claiborne Co.

The battle for 4th will be a hard.

Leonard nails it. PF will be better this yr. Seymour has a lot back, and while Carter lost some, they did have the opportunity to play some younger kids last yr, and prepare them for this season. I don't see Carter being dethroned in 07. Question is who will Cater get in Round #1. Kingston, Scott, AC, LA, Stone Memoraial? Also would Seymour have a shot against #3 from 2-3A?

ruse?

I have been told that this is one of the best teams that Seymour has had in a while. There is even talk that they may beat the Smokey Bears, and they are actually serious about it this year. They have starters returning to almost every position and a pretty mobile quarterback, which in high school ball can make alot of difference...see Sullivan South. They play 2 5-A schools and 2 4-A schools this fall(and I know someone will say that they are weak schools, but look for South-Doyle to be tough this year) and I do think that they would have a chance against the #3 from region 2...I am an optimist though! Thanks.