ooltewah football

2seamfastball

alright this is ryan ya know i thought when i clicked on the ooltewah football topic it would be ooltewah football not past players football but yes me and hunter and a few others were told we were to short.... i was even told in the middle of a game i was too short BUT thats not why i didnt play my senior year i didnt play because i knew my life wouldn't move on as a football player but as a baseball player so i played baseball all summer all fall and up till my senior season started. and you never saw why i even started? ha you must be the parent of a kid who never played right? and i dont even have to telll you why i started obviously coach benny and gatewood thought i was good enough to play for their team! for a coach to tell a player he is too short to play, yea its bad, but i have no hard feelings against coach benny. he is a really good coach so hey lets talk about ooltewah football and the upcoming season k? not whether or not he told me i was too short or whether or not he can verify it... the past is the past so let it go and talk about the future season! and thanks for who was sticking up for me and hunter we know we are short, ha big deal im playing baseball now i dont really care! hey everyone my height is 5' 5'' by the way! get a grip and stop bashing players ha past players too! cheer for your own team! or dont cheer at all! this is from an 18 year old kid and yall are probably.... how old? grow up!

Thanks for coming on and clearing the air, Ryan! You've always been a winner and had the heart of a champion! Good luck

in your future endeavors as I'm sure you will be a great success....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im 20... i havent read this whole thread, but he really told you that you are too short? Ryan dude i am just on here trying to stir things up it kinda gets me excited about the season. I played with you and YES i PLAYED with you actually PLAYED and i thought you were pretty good. 2seamedfastball or whatever is just retarded and i like making him mad... Hunter as well... he is short but hey yall were perty good...

im 20... i havent read this whole thread, but he really told you that you are too short? Ryan dude i am just on here trying to stir things up it kinda gets me excited about the season. I played with you and YES i PLAYED with you actually PLAYED and i thought you were pretty good. 2seamedfastball or whatever is just retarded and i like making him mad... Hunter as well... he is short but hey yall were perty good...

yes he told me that and thanks for the comments and what year did u play..... what grade was i in?

alright this is ryan ya know i thought when i clicked on the ooltewah football topic it would be ooltewah football not past players football but yes me and hunter and a few others were told we were to short.... i was even told in the middle of a game i was too short BUT thats not why i didnt play my senior year i didnt play because i knew my life wouldn't move on as a football player but as a baseball player so i played baseball all summer all fall and up till my senior season started. and you never saw why i even started? ha you must be the parent of a kid who never played right? and i dont even have to telll you why i started obviously coach benny and gatewood thought i was good enough to play for their team! for a coach to tell a player he is too short to play, yea its bad, but i have no hard feelings against coach benny. he is a really good coach so hey lets talk about ooltewah football and the upcoming season k? not whether or not he told me i was too short or whether or not he can verify it... the past is the past so let it go and talk about the future season! and thanks for who was sticking up for me and hunter we know we are short, ha big deal im playing baseball now i dont really care! hey everyone my height is 5' 5'' by the way! get a grip and stop bashing players ha past players too! cheer for your own team! or dont cheer at all! this is from an 18 year old kid and yall are probably.... how old? grow up!

Good luck this year Little Bit

The scrimmage has been postponed due to the heat. No one can practice in pads for now and they are limiting time. I hear there is lots of teams having to do this.

You seem to know a little more than most,so Im going to ask a stupid question? How come there are not more freshman teams inthe state?Do all counties in tn go 9 thru 12?if they do,how come they(tssaa) dont pump up more schools to field,freshman teams and have a true state champion,it would bring more money to all schools and to tssaa,I would think!PLUS, the learning and playing time would be invaluable to most programs.Time n time,again kids are wasted and simply used as tackling dummies,or scrub team for the upcoming game,which is fine ,I guess,thats what most of us did until,the last few years when they started some freshman teams. just wandering?

I agree with you. I think coaches are learning all the time how valuable having a successful freshman "program" is. Coach Monroe is starting several soph this year from that phenom frosh team last year. One of the major pieces to a successfull, no I should say elite, high school program is to have a great feeder program from middle school as well. A great example is Maryville High. They have had this in place for years. I know other schools have middle school programs(most all). But I am talking about a great coach teaching sound fundementals and most of the time the same offense that will be run when they get to the high school. Cleveland has this. I know Donnie Yates used to be the coach there not sure who is there now. I would like to know how many high schools don't play a freshman schedule. I know Ooltewah beat Farragut for their "championship freshman game" last season. BUT not all of the teams in that region participated. I know traveling time was an issue there as well. I don't think the TSSAA will get involved with this but the best coaches know the value of this concept. The proof is in the winning programs.

You seem to know a little more than most,so Im going to ask a stupid question? How come there are not more freshman teams inthe state?Do all counties in tn go 9 thru 12?if they do,how come they(tssaa) dont pump up more schools to field,freshman teams and have a true state champion,it would bring more money to all schools and to tssaa,I would think!PLUS, the learning and playing time would be invaluable to most programs.Time n time,again kids are wasted and simply used as tackling dummies,or scrub team for the upcoming game,which is fine ,I guess,thats what most of us did until,the last few years when they started some freshman teams. just wandering?

I agree with you. I think coaches are learning all the time how valuable having a successful freshman "program" is. Coach Monroe is starting several soph this year from that phenom frosh team last year. One of the major pieces to a successfull, no I should say elite, high school program is to have a great feeder program from middle school as well. A great example is Maryville High. They have had this in place for years. I know other schools have middle school programs(most all). But I am talking about a great coach teaching sound fundementals and most of the time the same offense that will be run when they get to the high school. Cleveland has this. I know Donnie Yates used to be the coach there not sure who is there now. I would like to know how many high schools don't play a freshman schedule. I know Ooltewah beat Farragut for their "championship freshman game" last season. BUT not all of the teams in that region participated. I know traveling time was an issue there as well. I don't think the TSSAA will get involved with this but the best coaches know the value of this concept. The proof is in the winning programs.

Most schools don't have the numbers or the resources to field freshmen and jv teams. Most feel that having a jv team is more beneficial(if you have to choose). I understand that Bradley County does not have a freshman team this year.

I think the larger problem is keeping the players interested after their frosh season. Ooltewah has lost alot of sophs thru the years that were good freshmen players. Maybe a full jv schedule would keep them interested?

They haven't lost alot of sophmores this year because several of them are starting. I don't agree with you OWLPRIDE but I never do. Do you have a kid playing on the JV? just wondering.

Most schools don't have the numbers or the resources to field freshmen and jv teams. Most feel that having a jv team is more beneficial(if you have to choose). I understand that Bradley County does not have a freshman team this year.

I think the larger problem is keeping the players interested after their frosh season. Ooltewah has lost alot of sophs thru the years that were good freshmen players. Maybe a full jv schedule would keep them interested?

They haven't lost alot of sophmores this year because several of them are starting. I don't agree with you OWLPRIDE but I never do. Do you have a kid playing on the JV? just wondering.

Well when i was a freshman and played on the freshman team the next year i think we lost ten of our starters if not more... But hey how is this Hubbard kid for Ooltewah doin? i remember watching him play at Hunter he was the real deal. He returned punts for them last year but seemed to be a lil scared which is normal because he was like 14.. Hows his offseason been goin? He was the fastest kid to ever go through Hunter Middle besided Eric Oliver.