Stewart County

rockytopfan

Good win for Stewart County tonight over a bruised, injured team physically and mentally. A lot of Tigers still hurt, some came in and played tonight, none were even close to 100%.

Earhart is a good player, but I don't see Stewart making the playoffs. I just didn't see a playoff team on either side tonight. A win over Waverly right now is nothing to brag about. I'm glad they have an open week after next week to maybe get some people healthy.

qiut making excuses. as a avid tiger follower, we got our butts handed to us tonight. it would have made no difference if we had all our injured back or not. stewart county wanted it more than we did and it showed by the effort on the field. when is the last time you have ever seen a waverly offensive line with such a poor effort? luten the tailback looks like he could possibly give them some helo at tb with a little more game experience (jr/1st year). i think the coaches and players should respond and keep fighting but it does not get any easier with 4a/2a power hickman county coming to town, then lewis county after the open date. keep fighting tigers, i am proud of you no matter how things turn out. be careful because some supporters are looking to kick you as soon as you hit the ground.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im from Stewart County and we dont want respect well earn it on our way to the play-offs...maybe if waverly wasnt so cocky...corbin jones wavo bad-a punter was talkin junk when the captains met in the middle of the field before the game even started...news flash waverly...anyone can be beat on any given night...but im prettysure its football...hurt or not a loss is a loss...there is no room for crying in football bout injuries and stuff...and im prettysure that three or four injured players would not of changed that 36-0 whoopin that much...i mean wavo may of scored but still would not of won...and the Gleason loss was non-region so it doesnt matter that much but does still put a dent in us making the play-offs but well still be there...bet that

After the first two games there were 13 players out, not 3 or 4. Now as far as Corbin Jones he backed up what he said, he played decent considering he hasn't practiced but for a week. His punting was great, he averaged 43 yards a punt.

Now, some of the injured guys returned, but, qb Stephens was playing at about 75%, Fuller played at about 60-70%, Jones had only practiced a week because of his injuries and was very winded, the starting running back didn't play at all, the best receiver is hurt for the year, along with 10 or so guys who are still hurt on the sideline. You guys were playing mostly freshmen and sophomores. Yes it would have made a huge difference especially since you didn't have but a couple hundred yards of offense against the second teamers along with 5 turnovers.

Camden and Huntingdon both will beat SC by over 30 points easily, if they call the dogs off.

Yes, Waverly lost. But not with their regulars in there. But either way it counts, so lets move on. We can't go back or we can't get our players back. So move on!!!!!!! Gleason won't hurt your chances but others will. SC doesn't make the playoffs.

qiut making excuses. as a avid tiger follower, we got our butts handed to us tonight. it would have made no difference if we had all our injured back or not. stewart county wanted it more than we did and it showed by the effort on the field. when is the last time you have ever seen a waverly offensive line with such a poor effort? luten the tailback looks like he could possibly give them some helo at tb with a little more game experience (jr/1st year). i think the coaches and players should respond and keep fighting but it does not get any easier with 4a/2a power hickman county coming to town, then lewis county after the open date. keep fighting tigers, i am proud of you no matter how things turn out. be careful because some supporters are looking to kick you as soon as you hit the ground.

If you are an avid follower you would know that if we had our injured guys back, it WOULD have made a difference. I watched the Tigers go toe to toe with two teams in fall scrimmages that were by far better than Stewart County. I don't know if you were there or not. You are the one who is giving up on these guys.

We are going to have a tough time beating anyone until we get some guys back. Experience makes a huge difference. Yes, Luten will help next year or perhaps late this year, but we need Anderson back badly at rb because of his experience. Daniels is just not big enough to carry the load but is really good in open field. I'm not giving up on these guys, but the reality is, yes, Waverly got beat but by a very average Stewart County team.

I think there's still a lot of fight in these Tigers and they are well coached. A play here or there would really make the difference. If WErfel catches the ball (an easy catch which he turned his head before catching) on the pass to the sidelines, it's a touchdown making it a13-7 and total different game. If we don't drop the ball 5 times, it's a different game, even with our young guys playing.

But it's over. Let's move on. Stewart County won fair and square and nothing can be done. End of conversation.

If you are an avid follower you would know that if we had our injured guys back, it WOULD have made a difference. I watched the Tigers go toe to toe with two teams in fall scrimmages that were by far better than Stewart County. I don't know if you were there or not. You are the one who is giving up on these guys.

We are going to have a tough time beating anyone until we get some guys back. Experience makes a huge difference. Yes, Luten will help next year or perhaps late this year, but we need Anderson back badly at rb because of his experience. Daniels is just not big enough to carry the load but is really good in open field. I'm not giving up on these guys, but the reality is, yes, Waverly got beat but by a very average Stewart County team.

I think there's still a lot of fight in these Tigers and they are well coached. A play here or there would really make the difference. If WErfel catches the ball (an easy catch which he turned his head before catching) on the pass to the sidelines, it's a touchdown making it a13-7 and total different game. If we don't drop the ball 5 times, it's a different game, even with our young guys playing.

But it's over. Let's move on. Stewart County won fair and square and nothing can be done. End of conversation.

Nobody got on here sayin that stewart county was going to beat Camden or Huntingdon or any other team we got a win friday night we played good its over and we all just get on here and we all love our teams and we all have our opinions and its great i love the competitveness its awesome but until the actual games come down to it and playing is happening, nobody cares hearin about there team from stewart county until we play u that week we play 1 game at a time so just sit back and talk about this coming up game or the game we just had but now its over its a new week and a new game is coming up good luck boys and keep playin hard!

PAPPATIGER,IF AND BUTS.LET STEWART COUNTY HAVE THEIR DAY.YOU NEED TO BE PRACTICING YOUR RADIO ROUTINE INSTEAD OF ON THE INTERNET.

That's always a good thing to do, practice. I'll do that. There's a lot of room for improvement on my end. And our broadcast is on the internet too. So internet skills help.

You might want to practice spelling on your end though.

By the way, don't shout please, it hurts my ears .

First off Catfish, you said that you were going to beat other teams, by stating that you were going to make it to the play-offs. Not sure, but pretty darn sure that winning one region game doesn't get you in the playoffs. second you beat a waverly team, that is still looking for there first points of the season. I heard that they scrimmaged there middle school three days last week and didn't score on them( sorry waverly people just trying to make a point.) History like in everything in this world is a good indication of what is to come. I am not saying it is impossible or anything like that but look at Stewart County football tradition. I need you scholars from stewart county do answer a list of questions for me, to help with out history lesson.

1.# of play-off appearences in football history?

2.# of .500+ seasons?

3.avg. wins per season

4.most win season

lets move to recent history...last ten years..

5.# of play-off appearences?

6.# of .500 seasons?

7. # of 0-2 win seasons?

8. # of total wins?

9. # of total wins against teams in the same classification?

10. # of region wins?

11. avg. win per season

12. most wins in a season

Ater your brief research activity you will find that the answer to all of these question is 0 or darn close to that number.

Make the play-offs, have a .500 season, average beating more the 1 team in your classification or above a year and then talk a little. Do not talk because you have beat a team once in the last three decades...thats just stupid....your stupuid for doing it... because if your not a freshman(and if you are the upper classmen on the team need to knock u out the next day at practice for talking this crap) then waverly and nearly every team u polay has beat you atleast once....

Next my prediction.... stewart county does not make the play-offs this year....but in saying that let me say this....If you do let me be the first to say congrats...it been a long-time coming and i assume is well-deserved...you guys would go down in history as the first playoff team in stewart county history( hint: for you scholars.....that is the answer to question number one....)

After the first two games there were 13 players out, not 3 or 4. Now as far as Corbin Jones he backed up what he said, he played decent considering he hasn't practiced but for a week. His punting was great, he averaged 43 yards a punt.

Now, some of the injured guys returned, but, qb Stephens was playing at about 75%, Fuller played at about 60-70%, Jones had only practiced a week because of his injuries and was very winded, the starting running back didn't play at all, the best receiver is hurt for the year, along with 10 or so guys who are still hurt on the sideline. You guys were playing mostly freshmen and sophomores. Yes it would have made a huge difference especially since you didn't have but a couple hundred yards of offense against the second teamers along with 5 turnovers.

Camden and Huntingdon both will beat SC by over 30 points easily, if they call the dogs off.

Yes, Waverly lost. But not with their regulars in there. But either way it counts, so lets move on. We can't go back or we can't get our players back. So move on!!!!!!! Gleason won't hurt your chances but others will. SC doesn't make the playoffs.

i dont think waverly had any of its starting lineman out of the lineup,so it should not matter who runs the ball.you sound like these kids are game changers,when in reality they should be happy they are even getting to play.baggett and werfel go hard all the time,hurt or not.thats the kind of kids you have to have to win with.if you are a senior,they should have to drag you off the field.if you can go at all you need to be playing,not looking for sympathy.torn ligaments and broken legs are one thing,but jammed fingers and pulled muscles and bruises are part of the game.if you love the game you will play through these things.if you love the jersey,you will stand on the sideline and wear it.oh yeah,corey stevens should be on that list with werf and baggett.he is tough as nails.gotta be behind that line.as for papatiger,you are outta your mind.get a life!

First off Catfish, you said that you were going to beat other teams, by stating that you were going to make it to the play-offs. Not sure, but pretty darn sure that winning one region game doesn't get you in the playoffs. second you beat a waverly team, that is still looking for there first points of the season. I heard that they scrimmaged there middle school three days last week and didn't score on them( sorry waverly people just trying to make a point.) History like in everything in this world is a good indication of what is to come. I am not saying it is impossible or anything like that but look at Stewart County football tradition. I need you scholars from stewart county do answer a list of questions for me, to help with out history lesson.

1.# of play-off appearences in football history?

2.# of .500+ seasons?

3.avg. wins per season

4.most win season

lets move to recent history...last ten years..

5.# of play-off appearences?

6.# of .500 seasons?

7. # of 0-2 win seasons?

8. # of total wins?

9. # of total wins against teams in the same classification?

10. # of region wins?

11. avg. win per season

12. most wins in a season

Ater your brief research activity you will find that the answer to all of these question is 0 or darn close to that number.

Make the play-offs, have a .500 season, average beating more the 1 team in your classification or above a year and then talk a little. Do not talk because you have beat a team once in the last three decades...thats just stupid....your stupuid for doing it... because if your not a freshman(and if you are the upper classmen on the team need to knock u out the next day at practice for talking this crap) then waverly and nearly every team u polay has beat you atleast once....

Next my prediction.... stewart county does not make the play-offs this year....but in saying that let me say this....If you do let me be the first to say congrats...it been a long-time coming and i assume is well-deserved...you guys would go down in history as the first playoff team in stewart county history( hint: for you scholars.....that is the answer to question number one....)

Nobody even said Stewart County was giong to beat Camden or Huntingdon! man ur trippin ok maybe u have some knowledge and all u can do is bring up some past history o, ur real cool man just sit on here eat some bon nons and fiddle around on Coacht now can we just talk about the games that are coming up or what

I hope Stewart County makes it to the playoffs, but having a 36-0 win over Waverly isn't saying much. Even Harpeth got a 23-0 win over them, I'm not saying Harpeth is terrible but they aren't going to become a playoff team over night, especially in a region with Goodpasture, DCA, and CPA. Given that Stewart has gotten a lot better and probably better than the likes of Adamsville, Houston County, Waverly, and Loretto I would say they have a better shot this year than they have had in a long time. I'm hoping for the best for Stewart County.