Independence @ Giles County

donathan5507

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unable to attend...how did the Eagles look?

Not too bad. Giles County is a good running football team. With 1 v 1, I think it was 4-2 IHS. Both teams had good defensive series. #49 for Giles County (NG) looked really good early. Had a sack on the first play. All in all there was a lot of positives for IHS. Still a lot to improve on to get ready for BA. GC was most effective when they ran between the tackles. When they tried to stretch the field, they had difficulties. They will win a lot of games this year. The Eagles are getting use to the way Coach Eubanks operates. They play Lavergne Friday at Lavergne and the on the 14th they are home vs Wilson Central.

Is that Edgemon kid still at GC? He was a stud.

I don't know his name. He was a good player for sure. Got after it the first couple series, but slowed down after that. Definitely a better defensive player. Not sure I'd play him at nose. I see him more of a DE or even a LB. GC has a good looking team. Running the ball is their strong point. If they get into a situation where they have to pass, they're in some trouble. I could see them contending for the region title with Lipscomb.

I don't know his name. He was a good player for sure. Got after it the first couple series, but slowed down after that. Definitely a better defensive player. Not sure I'd play him at nose. I see him more of a DE or even a LB. GC has a good looking team. Running the ball is their strong point. If they get into a situation where they have to pass, they're in some trouble. I could see them contending for the region title with Lipscomb.

I believe Edgemon graduated last year. #49 is Kendall Dangerfield, one of the top DL 08' prospects in TN and also plays TE. He will definitely be a force in 3A. Giles County has a very solid football team and should do well this year especially if they can develop a passing game.

I believe Edgemon graduated last year. #49 is Kendall Dangerfield, one of the top DL 08' prospects in TN and also plays TE. He will definitely be a force in 3A. Giles County has a very solid football team and should do well this year especially if they can develop a passing game.

Post,

I agree about GC. If they had any passing game at all they would be one of the top mid-state 3A teams without a doubt. Dangerfield is a good player, better on defensive side of the ball than on the offense. They run between the tackles well.

Post,

I agree about GC. If they had any passing game at all they would be one of the top mid-state 3A teams without a doubt. Dangerfield is a good player, better on defensive side of the ball than on the offense. They run between the tackles well.

"be one of the top mid-state 3A teams without a doubt"

"Without a doubt" means you are pretty confident in your assessment of Giles County, or maybe you don't know much about the rest of 3A Football!

"be one of the top mid-state 3A teams without a doubt"

"Without a doubt" means you are pretty confident in your assessment of Giles County, or maybe you don't know much about the rest of 3A Football!

I didn't say all of 3A I said mid-state 3A. They are a good 3A team. Indy would have beat them in a regular game, but they should also. I don't know a whole bunch about 3A football, but I do know a good team when I see one. They'll do fine in 3A.

Are expectations in Independence high? I would think they would be after the year they had last year coupled with the few seniors they lost. How does loosing Coach Smith affect them this year? Will the offensive scheme be the same? I had heard that Eubank (last year's defensive coordinator) was going to do the offense. Is that right?