CAK vs Gibbs Scrimmage

HSfootball54

How is Gibbs looking this year. I know they scrimmage CAK Tuesday night at CAK at 7. I heard this will be the first scrimmage for Gibbs. CAK scrimmaged St. Bennedict last week. St. Bennedict from Memphis was way out matched. CAK scored at will and the defense did not allow a score. CAK's linebacker touched the ball 5 times and had 5 touchdowns all of them over 50 yards. 4 were on offense and 1 was off an interception from his linebacker position. I had heard a lot of talk about him and he sure lived up to it.

CAK also had a TB who ran really hard....ran with power and speed when needed. It will be interesting to see how CAK's passing game progresses under first year head Coach Rusty Bradley, he has been the offensive coordinator the last few years and has had some good QB's and Wide Receivers. Chris Cates is back at Quarterback, but they lost alot of there receiving yards with the graduation of Jeremy Miller and Derron Logan. It will be interesting to see who steps up over the course of the season.

I know that CAK took it to Gibbs pretty good last year during the season, but I heard that Gibbs was returning a lot of players. Gibbs fans tell us who is back and who is expected to play a big part. Gibbs has a long football tradition and there coach is a good coach, it will be interesting to see as talent cycles in and out. So Gibbs fans tell me what to expect Tuesday night.

Any details?

Not much detailwise. CAK scored on their first four (or five) posessions from 40 yards or less. A couple of nice runs and pass plays. Roughly 60-40 split favoring the pass plays. Mostly outs and posts from what I saw. It was so hard to tell how good they could be with Gibbs playing poorly (first scrimmage).

Cak looked pretty good with their first team offense scoring on all their possesions their defense looked pretty good and Gibbs committed alot of turnovers, Gibbs got tired though they had almost all their guys going on defense and offense and near the end the extremely hot day got to them

Historically that has been a major problem with Gibbs. Usually most of their players play both offense and defense, rarely getting off the field. They seem to have a pretty full roster this year, according to their website, so maybe they can find some more players to work in and keep kids fresh.(even though a large roster doesn't guarantee many athletes). Good luck to both CAK and Gibbs this fall, and hopefully the Eagles will build on the playoff appearance to have a winning year.