WHERE YOU AT LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS?

spellerone

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It won't be close.....Trenton will win by 4 TD's...

Now back to the jamboree game....Nobody really mentioned just how bad OC beat LC....After LC opened the game with a 70 yard drive to go ahead 7-0,Obion Co then mounted a drive of their own....The Rebels made it down to the Falcon 12 yard line before running out of downs....Then in the second quarter,Obion Central gained 220 of their 286 total yards....They scored two TD's to go up 14-7 and had another scoring drive stopped on a fumble at the Falcon 6 yard line....

Another of our region brothers,South Fulton played in the Kenn-Tenn Jamboree up at Reidland,Ky and lost to the host school 21-12.....And yet another brother,Gleason,played in the same jamboree and came away with somewhat of an upset beating Fulton City,Ky 19-18 on a 75 yard "hail-mary" pass.....And yet another brother,Greenfield,played and dominated Fulton County,Ky 29-7 in the same jamboree.....

I'm assumming you're talking about Matt Irwin,who I believe played at Lake Road in middle school..He's not playing this year..According to Lake Co Falcon..he has never ask about playing..so I really don't know the reason he's not playing.

Yeah im talking about Matt Irwin. Im pretty sure he played for the Black Oak Eagles and was a standout and carried them to the championship both years he was in middle school with the help of the obion central standouts Chase Clanton and Hunter Calhoun. I caught wind in the coffee shop the other morning that hes tried to go back several times and said he would sacrifice and do anything to be back on the team and the coach wouldn't even talk about it! I think its a shame that a kid wants to play ball that bad and the coach won't let him! I also heard that his parents are going to carry it to the board and get something done if not it will be a big possibilty of transfiring to Dyersburg or Union City. I hope to see him in the green and gold because we could use some good talent in the backfield and on the defense. Irwin and Mills anchored it down pretty well last year! lets see what happens

So what is everyone's thoughts about lake co and peabody this friday?

Lake Co is playing a good Trenton team a year too late..Lake Co lost way too many studs and Trenton is picked by some publications to be the best team in their region over Milan,Humboldt,Westview ,etc..Almost none of them have Trenton lower than second..The Trenton quarterback is extremely quick..Based on what I saw with Central backs running outside on two or three occassions for 60 to 70 yards each time..don't think my Falcons will be able to contain him!But there's always hope and I'm hoping!

Yeah im talking about Matt Irwin. Im pretty sure he played for the Black Oak Eagles and was a standout and carried them to the championship both years he was in middle school with the help of the obion central standouts Chase Clanton and Hunter Calhoun. I caught wind in the coffee shop the other morning that hes tried to go back several times and said he would sacrifice and do anything to be back on the team and the coach wouldn't even talk about it! I think its a shame that a kid wants to play ball that bad and the coach won't let him! I also heard that his parents are going to carry it to the board and get something done if not it will be a big possibilty of transfiring to Dyersburg or Union City. I hope to see him in the green and gold because we could use some good talent in the backfield and on the defense. Irwin and Mills anchored it down pretty well last year! lets see what happens

I don't beleve it would do any good..Probably is and should be the coach's call..I wish as well as anyone that he was playing and if nothing else the coach give him a chance and really make him work his way back..At the same time..the coach is looking at it probably that he is a returning starter and should have come out in the spring..but..Matt could have been out of town ,working..I don't know the situation there..But even so..most coaches still want you putting time in the weight room or something after work..If Matt were just moving to Lake Co..probably would be allowed to play..The coach probably thinks he was just wanting to skip all the practices and if he didn't care enough to come out with the rest of the returning players..then we ..Lake Co don't need him..It doesn't look good...Not sure he would be able to transfer to those other schools without making a move..He could transfer now without moving..sit out this year and play next year..If he waits until next year,his senior year..I doubt he will be eligible without moving..But..with him not playing this year..he may be eligible since it would be a year gone by with him not playing in his sport..So..he would still be sitting out a year..but I'm not sure if he would have to transfer first..

It won't be close.....Trenton will win by 4 TD's...

Now back to the jamboree game....Nobody really mentioned just how bad OC beat LC....After LC opened the game with a 70 yard drive to go ahead 7-0,Obion Co then mounted a drive of their own....The Rebels made it down to the Falcon 12 yard line before running out of downs....Then in the second quarter,Obion Central gained 220 of their 286 total yards....They scored two TD's to go up 14-7 and had another scoring drive stopped on a fumble at the Falcon 6 yard line....

Another of our region brothers,South Fulton played in the Kenn-Tenn Jamboree up at Reidland,Ky and lost to the host school 21-12.....And yet another brother,Gleason,played in the same jamboree and came away with somewhat of an upset beating Fulton City,Ky 19-18 on a 75 yard "hail-mary" pass.....And yet another brother,Greenfield,played and dominated Fulton County,Ky 29-7 in the same jamboree.....

It was really bad..but I didn't see Central throw that well or really run the ball with real abandonment...It was kind of like a middle school game..If you have a good quarterback and a tailback that can run the ball around the end..it will probably be a 70 yarder and not be touched..I'm 50 years old and could have ran around those ends for 60 yards..I know Central still had to do that but at the time..just get the handoff without fumbling..then it's off to the races..At the saem time..Bogan..the all state linebacker didn't play and I would hope he may have made a couple of those tackles..And he is the starting full back..so I would think he would have blocked several times for the Lake Co running backs,who also didn't look bad and also would have been able to gain a lot of yards running the ball on Central..If Lake Co can find some ends to not let the teams run outside and the corners make plays..Lake Co will be ok...So..I wouldn't be too upbeat about Central based on that game..I could have done the same thing...We'll see or compare how both teams do against Union City..

Lake Co is playing a good Trenton team a year to late..Lake Co lost way too many studs and Trenton is picked by some publications to be the best team in their region over Milan,Humboldt,Westview ,etc..Almost none of them have Trenton lower than second..The Trenton quarterback is extremely quick..Based on what I saw with Central backs running outside on two or three occassions for 60 to 70 yards each time..don't think my Falcons will be able to contain him!But there's always hope and I'm hoping!

The problem in the jamboree was the outside linebackers were out of position on he outside runs against OC. Both outside linebackers have never played a down at the varsity level. Mills was moved inside with Bogan and Irwin did not play.So, we have no experience at that position. The corners who are also new starters did not come up and make the tackle. If this problem does not get solved quick it will be a long night for the falcons. Peabody is to quick and will make you pay for being out of position. Hopefully, the problem will get solved this week and LC will play better defense agaist the Tide.

The problem in the jamboree was the outside linebackers were out of position on he outside runs against OC. Both outside linebackers have never played a down at the varsity level. Mills was moved inside with Bogan and Irwin did not play.So, we have no experience at that position. The corners who are also new starters did not come up and make the tackle. If this problem does not get solved quick it will be a long night for the falcons. Peabody is to quick and will make you pay for being out of position. Hopefully, the problem will get solved this week and LC will play better defense agaist the Tide.

Other than that ,i thought Lake Co played pretty good..Better than I was expecting considering that several were playing in a game situation for the 1st time..Like you said..Bogan will help and if the corners aren't out of position like they were the other night..,we'll be okay..I'm not expecting a team like the past few years..we're young but we'll do better than most people think..I'm looking at 6-4 or maybe 7-3..Just my opinion..but if we do better than that..I'll go buy a lottery ticket..hopefully we'll be better than I am hoping for!

Other than that ,i thought Lake Co played pretty good..Better than I was expecting considering that several were playing in a game situation for the 1st time..Like you said..Bogan will help and if the corners aren't out of position like they were the other night..,we'll be okay..I'm not expecting a team like the past few years..we're young but we'll do better than most people think..I'm looking at 6-4 or maybe 7-3..Just my opinion..but if we do better than that..I'll go buy a lottery ticket..hopefully we'll be better than I am hoping for!

That's about what I'm thinking 6-4 or 7-3. Anything above that is just a plus. I hope everybody does not judge this team on the Peabody game. They will be the best team we play all year.

I don't beleve it would do any good..Probably is and should be the coach's call..I wish as well as anyone that he was playing and if nothing else the coach give him a chance and really make him work his way back..At the same time..the coach is looking at it probably that he is a returning starter and should have come out in the spring..but..Matt could have been out of town ,working..I don't know the situation there..But even so..most coaches still want you putting time in the weight room or something after work..If Matt were just moving to Lake Co..probably would be allowed to play..The coach probably thinks he was just wanting to skip all the practices and if he didn't care enough to come out with the rest of the returning players..then we ..Lake Co don't need him..It doesn't look good...Not sure he would be able to transfer to those other schools without making a move..He could transfer now without moving..sit out this year and play next year..If he waits until next year,his senior year..I doubt he will be eligible without moving..But..with him not playing this year..he may be eligible since it would be a year gone by with him not playing in his sport..So..he would still be sitting out a year..but I'm not sure if he would have to transfer first..

I just heard that Irwin parents talked to dyersburg coach Bowlin and he said he would be proud to have him on the team and that he would be elgible to play because he has a family member that lives in Dyersburg. Now the question is will Matt leave his home town and his roots to play ball?? im very anxious to see where this is going! Could be a big stink stirred up. Its been the talk of the coffee shop in Ridgely and Tville the last few days.

I just heard that Irwin parents talked to dyersburg coach Bowlin and he said he would be proud to have him on the team and that he would be elgible to play because he has a family member that lives in Dyersburg. Now the question is will Matt leave his home town and his roots to play ball?? im very anxious to see where this is going! Could be a big stink stirred up. Its been the talk of the coffee shop in Ridgely and Tville the last few days.

I was not going to reply to this but I cannot help myself. Matt chose not to play in tthe spring or come to summer workouts. The rest of the kids did what they were suppose to do. He had the same chances as all the other kids had but chose not to play.Now, once the season is about to start he wants to play. What kind of message would the coach be sending to the rest of the kids (who worked their rears off in the spring and summer) if he let him come back. It's not fair to the kids who where willing to deal with the heat all summer to have a kid just walk in like nothing has happened.That kind of thing tears a team apart. I like Matt and wished that he had played because he would have helped this team but he chose not to play. If he goes elsewhere to play good luck to him and I wish him the best. Nobody is talking about the kids who was willing to work this summer and get better but everyone is talking about how unfair it is that the coach will not let Matt play. Something is wrong with this picture.