Waverly vs. Cheatham County scrimmage

papatiger

Waverly and Cheatham County square off at Waverly on Friday August 10th. Does anyone have any information about Cheatham County. What about it Big Country? Waverly was supposed to scrimmage Creekwood Monday but had too many injured players. Supposed to scrimmage Collinwood on August 17th at Waverly. This could be really dangerous (the heat) for the kids, I hope there are plenty of water breaks.

I can't wait to begin football.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there papatiger. Our coaches have spoken to one another this week and both teams know plenty about the other. The scrimmage will start sometime between 6:00-6:30PM tomorrow evening. Plenty of water breaks will be provided to the players between each series.

I want to know will this scrimmage be a 10-PLAY type of deal or will the teams just put the ball in the dirt and play DOWN & DISTANCE??????

What can I expect to see player wise from Waverly papatiger???? Last year was a great year for the Humphreys County bunch as they went 7-3 during the regular season and went to the playoffs before being eliminated by CPA. It seems as if Coach Graves has really brought some excitement to the football program over there at a school that has been known for years as being "a basketball school".

Cheatham Co. is a young football team that is mostly comprised of sophomores and juniors. You are likely to see only 3-4 seniors playing for the Cubs tomorrow (Jerry Henry, Andrew Polster, Brandon Theriault, & Kyle Smith being those candidates). In last week's scrimmage at Fairview positives included a defense that all around ran to the football well and the backs ran the ball very well. Negatives included the lack of a passing game and the guys up front did not play well at all (this is supposed to be a team strength for the Cubs).

The weather this week has been EXTREMELY HOT however the guys have endured it very well and are just looking to improve as much as possible before the 2007 season arrives.

What can I expect to see player wise from Waverly papatiger???? Last year was a great year for the Humphreys County bunch as they went 7-3 during the regular season and went to the playoffs before being eliminated by CPA. It seems as if Coach Graves has really brought some excitement to the football program over there at a school that has been known for years as being "a basketball school".

Cheatham Co. is a young football team that is mostly comprised of sophomores and juniors. You are likely to see only 3-4 seniors playing for the Cubs tomorrow (Jerry Henry, Andrew Polster, Brandon Theriault, & Kyle Smith being those candidates). In last week's scrimmage at Fairview positives included a defense that all around ran to the football well and the backs ran the ball very well. Negatives included the lack of a passing game and the guys up front did not play well at all (this is supposed to be a team strength for the Cubs).

The weather this week has been EXTREMELY HOT however the guys have endured it very well and are just looking to improve as much as possible before the 2007 season arrives.

I haven't talk to Coach Graves about the way they will scrimmage, but I just hope it shows something for both teams. Waverly has some experience returning especially on the line. They have a good line that learned the hard way. We have our qb back who has a strong arm with some speed at receiver although we lost our fastest and most elusive to an ACL in the spring. Kicking game is very solid with Mr. Football finalist Corbin Jones back, and defense should be pretty solid although we lost a couple of linebackers, lost our leader on defense LUke Anderson, but hopefully someone steps into that leadership role. The real problem I see that we will have to overcome is inexperience at running back. We lost our whole back field. But we do have some talented young ones. Critter Howell will start at running back and I saw him the other day and he has really been working out, looks to be really strong. He is a good hard runner with lots of size, 6-2 probably around 205. The only problem I ever saw with him is that he runs straight up like Eddie George, which makes him prone to getting hurt. Maybe that won't happen. I think we can repeat what we did last year, finishing third in the region. We played a very tough CPA team really well before making some key mistakes to make a close game at the half turn into a blowout. Coach Graves has brought a lot of excitement to Waverly football. He's a player's coach who really knows his stuff. It looks as though the basketball school label is shifting to football school at WCHS.

See you there Big Country, I'll be on the sideline taking pictures for the paper.

I haven't talk to Coach Graves about the way they will scrimmage, but I just hope it shows something for both teams. Waverly has some experience returning especially on the line. They have a good line that learned the hard way. We have our qb back who has a strong arm with some speed at receiver although we lost our fastest and most elusive to an ACL in the spring. Kicking game is very solid with Mr. Football finalist Corbin Jones back, and defense should be pretty solid although we lost a couple of linebackers, lost our leader on defense LUke Anderson, but hopefully someone steps into that leadership role. The real problem I see that we will have to overcome is inexperience at running back. We lost our whole back field. But we do have some talented young ones. Critter Howell will start at running back and I saw him the other day and he has really been working out, looks to be really strong. He is a good hard runner with lots of size, 6-2 probably around 205. The only problem I ever saw with him is that he runs straight up like Eddie George, which makes him prone to getting hurt. Maybe that won't happen. I think we can repeat what we did last year, finishing third in the region. We played a very tough CPA team really well before making some key mistakes to make a close game at the half turn into a blowout. Coach Graves has brought a lot of excitement to Waverly football. He's a player's coach who really knows his stuff. It looks as though the basketball school label is shifting to football school at WCHS.

See you there Big Country, I'll be on the sideline taking pictures for the paper.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Both teams were sloppy at times. Wavo was playing without several key players due to injuries but looked good at times. I believe the running game will be all right considering we lost our whole back field. Scott Anderson ran well, Critter didn't play, Chase Collomp played well, Thomas Werfel did well at tight end, Corbin Jones is hurt and out for several weeks, Brandon Seay didn't play. A kid by the name I think Travis #44, ran the ball real well.

The game ended up as a tie 2 touchdowns a piece.

Big Country, great to see you tonight.

Both teams were sloppy at times. Wavo was playing without several key players due to injuries but looked good at times. I believe the running game will be all right considering we lost our whole back field. Scott Anderson ran well, Critter didn't play, Chase Collomp played well, Thomas Werfel did well at tight end, Corbin Jones is hurt and out for several weeks, Brandon Seay didn't play. A kid by the name I think Travis #44, ran the ball real well.

The game ended up as a tie 2 touchdowns a piece.

Big Country, great to see you tonight.

Great to see you as well buddy. Good Luck to Waverly Central in 2007. Coach Graves is doing a great job over there and football is now an exciting thing to go see at that Humphreys County School. Huntingdon & Camden better not overlook you guys!!!!

Papa......what class is cheatam? Has the boys showed improvement over last year?

Nothing but luck to you!

Hope it was an injury free game for both!

Cheatham is AAA in football. The game was injury free as far as I know.

NWTF, the line play will be better. Last night there were a couple of key players not playing or hobbled by injuries. OUr biggest concern is Corbin Jones who will be out 2 regular games from what I'm told with an MCL sprain.