Knox Central Bobcats

upndown

Central looked like Central Friday night against Dobbins Bennett in a 3 hour scrimmage. The Varsity scored 3 times to DB's 0. Offense was clicking and defense was tough nosed and stingy. No injuries to report. The JV and Fresham looked real good with some exciting talent coming up. Let's hear it for the Bobcats...

I heard about this scrimmage. I'm good friends with almost all the "Young" Central Coaches . But Central if they can come together, they should be able to go a very very long way. Like I said every year, They should be able to compete with Maryville. Central's line is solid, their running game is solid, QB can be solid, its just the "Young" coaches putting them in the right places.

Good Luck Bobcats...

I think the Cats will be fine this year. They do open with 2 big, physical teams in Cookeville and Farragut. Central should have the "athlete" advantage in those games, I just hope the lines can hold up to these teams' lines. The Cats do have some pretty good sized guys on the line this year. Central also needs to not have injuries to key players this year.

I am encouraged after hearing about the DB scrimmage. They scrimmage AE tonite.

I still think they will finish 2nd in 3-4A.

A healthy Central Will finish 2nd in this region I believe. The line played better at DB and the O was ok. The Cats have been without 3 good players on offense including Johnny Saah out indefinetely, Cortland Styles and Wyl Mcmillan. Styles and Mcmillan start both ways. When these guys get back QB Clark McMillan will have more playmakers besides Jamie Wilson to work with. Coaches Helton and McMillan are 2 of the best around and with continued improvement and luck with the injury bug, the Cats could be back to form in 07.