BA vs. Hillsboro scrimage

COACH.X

This was an exciting scrimage. 4 to 3 BA.

Seward #5 was the bright spot for HHS. He scored on two long runs and caught a pass to keep the third scoring drive

alive. Their QB was just ok(wild arm at times). Their OL was alot smaller but showed some speed.

BA just had to much depth. Both QB's for BA were decent.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA looked pretty good. They were leading 21-14 at half time, not sure how it ended up. Hillsboro scored on two big plays, both by their RB, who has breakaway speed. BA did a good job of moving the football on offense. Chris Jordan looked great. They also have a sophmore RB behind him who had a nice run for a TD. Their QB made enough plays to keep the secondary honest. Defensively, they looked good except for a couple of big plays they gave up for TD's. The offensive & defensive lines are big and strong. They can just dominate the line of scrimmage. Hillsboro is a very solid football team. Their RB is special, but I was not very impressed with their QB or passing game. I think it was a great test for both teams.

Their RB is special, but I was not very impressed with their QB or passing game.

is this the same hillsboro team that competed with the "best in the nation" during a 7 on 7 passing tournament in hoover, but then doesnt have the same results against "lowly" Brentwood Academy when the pads are put on?....nah, cant be. lol.

for hillsboro's sake, i hope they just had an off day implementing their run 'n gun offense.

is this the same hillsboro team that competed with the "best in the nation" during a 7 on 7 passing tournament in hoover, but then doesnt have the same results against "lowly" Brentwood Academy when the pads are put on?....nah, cant be. lol.

for hillsboro's sake, i hope they just had an off day implementing their run 'n gun offense.

Scrimmages are glorified practices, and 7-on-7 is more like intramural flag football than it is real football. Very little can be made of any of these "results", IMO.

Too bad your team can't beat the Burro's or half the teams that played at Hoover! LOL

Final score was 28-19. BA was really able to drive the ball after their first possession. They used 2 QB's who both looked solid and really mixed run and pass. Their 2nd team even drove the ball on their last possession and the sophomore tailback fumbled on the two yard line. Hillsboro had their only drive after that, against the BA 2nd team defense on their last drive. Hillsboro's other two touchdowns came on long plays when #5 was just phenomenal. Eluded some tackles and was gone. BA had no one on the field who could catch him. Hillsboro QB looked nervous. I am sure he will work that out for the season.

Guest workinprogress

Great work for both teams. Only played 3 quarters and both teams had some great plays. BA is very solid and Hillsboro has some work to do but remember they have not been able to practice outdoors for 2 weeks. I don't believe BA had this restriction.

Correction...Metro has been able to practice outdoors after 5:00. They only canceled outdoor practice for two days. If Hillsboro has been practicing indoors for the past two weeks it is by choice. It has nothing to do with the outcome of a scrimmage.

Correction...Metro has been able to practice outdoors after 5:00. They only canceled outdoor practice for two days. If Hillsboro has been practicing indoors for the past two weeks it is by choice. It has nothing to do with the outcome of a scrimmage.

I stand corrected this week was after 5 last week there was no outdoor after Tuesday. Hey both teams looked very good. HHS running game looked very good and the passing game looked a little rusty. BA is loaded with athletes and were ready to go. Both teams have a goods chance to go all the way in there divisions.

Guest workinprogress

I stand corrected this week was after 5 last week there was no outdoor after Tuesday. Hey both teams looked very good. HHS running game looked very good and the passing game looked a little rusty. BA is loaded with athletes and were ready to go. Both teams have a goods chance to go all the way in there divisions.

Agreed. I have former players at both schools and so I try to keep up with them as best as I can. The player that I have at both schools are very excited about this year. I am sure that both schools will be contenders for titles. Footballfan my kids that are at Hillsboro are very impressed with Blade and his staff. I talk to one player at least once a week and he is always real positive about the program and where its headed. I am still yet to meet the man but from what I can tell everyone over there is happy. Good luck in week zero.

Too bad your team can't beat the Burro's or half the teams that played at Hoover! LOL

yep, you got me there. they couldnt begin to compete, especially not with hillsboro.but its too bad that the burros couldnt beat half the teams that played in the original Super 7 (a league in tennessee). haha.

Scrimmages are glorified practices, and 7-on-7 is more like intramural flag football than it is real football. Very little can be made of any of these "results", IMO.

agreed. (i was being sarcastic with the previous post.)