Henry County Outlook

I know that we have all the skill players we need, the runningback, the quarterback, and the reciever (22), to get the job done....Defensively coach Putnam can make a great defense out of the cheerleading squad..the only big question mark and I mean BIG...is the O line...Coach Younger knows what he is talking about but I don't know if the line will be quick enough this year...with exception of Burden none really have any game time experience... Now you don't have to block everyone for Dominique to score because he will break the first tackle thats a given...Another worry is the weak schedule...we played one of the toughest schedules last year (#1 on coacht) and that is the reason we did so well in the playoffs...With the exception of JCM, Liberty, and Northside, all the teams were legitimate ...(o yea yanker I don't want to hear anything because you know we man handled them upfront..... Being that I won't be able to make many home games....might be at Dickson....Someone just tell me how the guys are shaping up as compared to last year....

I know that we have all the skill players we need, the runningback, the quarterback, and the reciever (22), to get the job done....Defensively coach Putnam can make a great defense out of the cheerleading squad..the only big question mark and I mean BIG...is the O line...Coach Younger knows what he is talking about but I don't know if the line will be quick enough this year...with exception of Burden none really have any game time experience... Now you don't have to block everyone for Dominique to score because he will break the first tackle thats a given...Another worry is the weak schedule...we played one of the toughest schedules last year (#1 on coacht) and that is the reason we did so well in the playoffs...With the exception of JCM, Liberty, and Northside, all the teams were legitimate ...(o yea yanker I don't want to hear anything because you know we man handled them upfront..... Being that I won't be able to make many home games....might be at Dickson....Someone just tell me how the guys are shaping up as compared to last year....

I think all of your fans share the concerns over the offensive line. With the experience I had in the coaching ranks, I think the schedule thing is way overblown. It sounds good to have the toughest schedule in the state, but I doubt that it is the reason your team did so well. The games with the two best teams you played, had already taken place before September, so I doubt that there was any carryover from then, to the Melrose game. Check Maryville's schedule or Smyrna's. I am back in town after a trip and missed last week's scrimmage but I am looking forward to tonight and next week.

You are right on player. The O-line is the big question. They will have to grow into their positions as the season progresses. But don't forget that Caleb has some game experience and looks to be a starter. Didn't he hurt his knee last year during the Munford game? Once the line gets in sync with the rest of the offense, we will be able to put points on the board. But like Red Warrior said it will take some time through the season. On the defensive side it looks very promising - VERY promising! These guys are hungry hitters!!! All in all, it should be a great season irregardless of the strength of schedule. There will be plenty of tests toward the end of the season to prepare for the playoffs. One thing that I agree with the Yanker on, it is better to scrimmage the best teams in the state than it is to play them during the season.

You are right on player. The O-line is the big question. They will have to grow into their positions as the season progresses. But don't forget that Caleb has some game experience and looks to be a starter. Didn't he hurt his knee last year during the Munford game? Once the line gets in sync with the rest of the offense, we will be able to put points on the board. But like Red Warrior said it will take some time through the season. On the defensive side it looks very promising - VERY promising! These guys are hungry hitters!!! All in all, it should be a great season irregardless of the strength of schedule. There will be plenty of tests toward the end of the season to prepare for the playoffs. One thing that I agree with the Yanker on, it is better to scrimmage the best teams in the state than it is to play them during the season.

How good is Father Ryan supposed to be? What do we know about Northwest? What's going on with my friends from Munford?

How good is Father Ryan supposed to be? What do we know about Northwest? What's going on with my friends from Munford?

Greetings from Munford. Last year was interesting however we may have to live off it until our puppies grow up into Michael Vick pit bulls. I'm interested in how much you guys improve this week from last. That's really the story this time of year. As for us the old saying goes we're small but we make up for it by being slow.

Sometimes the biggest concerns turn into the biggest surprises, Our O-line last season was exceptional, and our entire team last year for that matter was exceptional, If I were from around the region, I would think that the biggest void to fill would be the one at QB for the reasons you mentined with experience, well the same is true in both positions, no experience but lots of surprise for all. Our Oline will be fine and our QB is going to be talked about a lot in oposing teams coaching meetings. As for our schedule last year, it was solid, as for this year, I am undecided at this point, but one thing is for certain, Henry county will begin to roll on August the 24th. #50

how many games had you started on the O-line before the 2006 season, You did a pretty good job last year on what experience you had.

Greetings from Munford. Last year was interesting however we may have to live off it until our puppies grow up into Michael Vick pit bulls. I'm interested in how much you guys improve this week from last. That's really the story this time of year. As for us the old saying goes we're small but we make up for it by being slow.

Remember that I coached for a while before I hung up my whistle. I have heard talk like before and usually it comes from coaches who are loaded. Who do you open with and how do you expect them to be? Who is your first region opponent and where is it played? Who have you scrimmaged and how have they gone?

I was blessed to watch the scrimmage between Father Ryan and Henry Co. last night and i agree with the critics about Henry Co. They're a good solid football team and had a strong showing but their offensive line couldn't withstand the smashmouth defense of Ryan's front six. It seemed to wear on them and i believe that to be cause of their line's lack of experience. Great quarterback in 3 although tailback did dissappoint me. Big body but again FR's defense seemed to wear him down as well. I believe with some line work, maybe a little bit of a toughening up and they'll be a lot stronger all around. Hope the Patriots have a good year.