2007 SVC Jamboree

zonepirate

Grace 22 - Rhea Central 12 - both team were throwing the ball a lot but neither could run the ball which is unusual for RC. Hard to judge since Grace is a team I had never seen before. Grace has some good looking kids. One Grace kid, I forget his number, was a hoss and could do it all. He was probably the best athlete in the jamboree

South Pittsburg 8 - Spring City 0 - 1st string was 0-0, two good defenses. SP's 1st team got the ball down the field but could not punch it in. Both teams went to 2nd team just past the half way point in the quarter. Spring City has some good looking kids and a great coaching staff but some questions exist on offense. I expect them to be pretty good by the end of the year

Dayton City 6 - Jasper 0 - Jasper is small, it may be a long year for them. The North has 3 tough teams so Dayton City could have a long year too

Bledsoe 14 - Grundy 0 - After a Grundy coach talked smack at the coaches meeting they couldn't deliver. Bledsoe had one TD called back and their 2nd string O moved the ball against Grundy's first D but fumbled at the 20. Grundy had only first down and it was against Bledsoe's 2nd team.The coaches that moved up from Grundy's Little League to help found the Jr High level to be a lot different. They pretty much got SPANKED. Bledsoe was by far the most impressive looking team in the Jamboree

Whitwell 6 - Sequatchie Co. 0 - Seq came out and moved the ball on the first drive but couldn't get clicking after that. Whitwell's QB ran the TD in on a QB sweep early. Both struggled the rest of the quarter.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grace 16 - Rhea Central 12 - both team were throwing the ball a lot but neither could run the ball which is unusual for RC. Hard to judge since Grace is a team I had never seen before. Grace has some good looking kids. One Grace kid, I forget his number, was a hoss and could do it all. He was probably the best athlete in the jamboree

South Pittsburg 8 - Spring City 0 - 1st string was 0-0, two good defenses. SP's 1st team got the ball down the field but could not punch it in. Both teams went to 2nd team just past the half way point in the quarter. Spring City has some good looking kids and a great coach staff but some questions exist on offense. I expect them to be pretty good by the end of the year

Dayton City 6 - Jasper 0 - Jasper is small, it may be a long year for them. The North has 3 tough teams so Dayton City could have a long year too

Bledsoe 14 - Grundy 0 - After a Grundy coach talked smack at the coaches meeting they couldn't deliver. Bledsoe had one TD called back and their 2nd string O moved the ball against Grundy's first D but fumbled at the 20. Grundy had 1 only first down and it was against Bledsoe's 2nd team.The coaches that moved up from Grundy's Little League to help found the Jr High level to be a lot different. They pretty much got SPANKED. Bledsoe was by far the most impressive looking team in the Jamboree

Whitwell 6 - Sequatchie Co. 0 - Seq came out and move the ball on the first drive but couldn't get clicking after that. Whitwell's QB ran the TD in on a QB sweep early. Both struggled the rest of the quarter.

Grundy County coaches talking smack? Then Bledsoe smacks them right in the face on the field...

http://www.sequatchieonline.net/default.as...ine&he=.net

Jamboree report (some numbers are approximate)

Bledsoe County 14, Grundy County. Bledsoe was too much for the building Yellow Jacket team, scoring from 20 yards out 1:30 into the quarter and adding a 50-yard scoring run at the 8:30 mark.

Ya'll wouldn't happen to remember the names of any of the standout players for Bledsoe?

http://www.sequatchieonline.net/default.as...ine&he=.netJamboree report (some numbers are approximate)Bledsoe County 14, Grundy County. Bledsoe was too much for the building Yellow Jacket team, scoring from 20 yards out 1:30 into the quarter and adding a 50-yard scoring run at the 8:30 mark.

There are a few errors in the Seq Online article but most of it is correct

Ya'll wouldn't happen to remember the names of any of the standout players for Bledsoe?

No but when I look at the film I will try to get their numbers. They looked really good

Grundy County coaches talking smack? Then Bledsoe smacks them right in the face on the field...

Yea, some of them were little league coaches last year who took 7th graders and won the little league title against 5th and 6th graders and so one of these former LL coaches who moved up to Jr High made some pretty bold statements (going to spank people) at the meeting. I think they realize they are not in Kansas any more . The head coach is actually a pretty good guy, he wasn't the one doing the talking.

Any specifics? They can be fixed quick.

The QB was not the one on the long run, it was our wingback Jonathan Sellers. If you want to add it the TD was scored by our 2nd team wingback Deull Jones. The other thing I thought was incorrect was OK. I just missed Grace's final score while we were warming up

Finally bit the bullet and became a plus member. I will try to post scores on here every week of all conference games. All of the coaches are supposed to call me and report the scores. Thanks to everyone who made the Jamboree a success last night and good luck to everyone this season. Hope to see some of you at the high school jamboree tonight.