Poor Powell

Shelia

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised when they lost with very good athletes.

Now ,without very good athletes, it could get ugly.

CAK had their way with them and Powell will not play many teams as weak as CAK.

CAK is not weak they are one of those teams you have to change your game plan for. Very well coached and aways looking to air it out.

A weak CAK???? That is VERY insulting and uncalled for!

Didn't mean to insult anyone.

CAK is not as good as the teams Powell will be playing this season.

They are 4A and the teams are better than CAK. CAK may have a good team for CAK and for their league but it is all relative.

Is that better?

Didn't mean to insult anyone.

CAK is not as good as the teams Powell will be playing this season.

They are 4A and the teams are better than CAK. CAK may have a good team for CAK and for their league but it is all relative.

Is that better?

Not insulting Powell but they would have been in a dog fight for 2nd place in CAK's region for the last 3 years maybe getting 2 only 1 time.

Powell is a good team but I think if they were in region 2-2A they might possibly finish 3rd or 4th or maybe 5th behind Alcoa, Loudon, CAK and possibly Sweetwater or Rockwood. I'm not insulting Powell i'm just saying 2-2A is a really tough region

My point is that THIS season I agree with you.They do not have the "studs" they use to have.

But in the past they would have finished 2nd behind Alcoa every season.

What is going on at Powell?

CAK is a pretty good team. They play in one of the toughest regions in the state regardless of classification. I'm sure many years Powell could line up and beat CAK, but this year isn't one of those years. Every school has its up and down years and perhaps this year is Powell's year. Hang in there, Lowe is a good coach and will do what is best for the program, but if he's implementing a new system it may take some time for the kids to grasp, which seems to be the case this year. Powell will probably be fighting for 4th or 5th this year. Good luck to the Panthers

I think Powell will be ready by the opening game vs. Campbell Co. If you noticed Powell really stuck with the 2 platoon system and also they had Abba and Furgeson injured (2 starters out of the about 6 from last year). Both of them should be back soon. Also with the 2 platoon system, I heard that Lowe is going to start playing the "studs" on both sides of the ball because if you didnt see the jamboree, the fresh starters looked like they werent ready to play on friday nights. Powell should answer a lot of questions in the Campbell Co. game.