Jackson South Side @ Obion co wk 0

SShawks1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to think that JSS is going to be "down" in '07. I believe the Hawks will send out a WAKE UP ALERT in this one to everyone in Region 6-3A (and the rest of West-TN).

South Side: 28

Obion Co.: 7

I agree with you. The off. will be really good. The def. is what im concerned with. They can stop the run but have trouble defending the pass.

Everyone seems to think that JSS is going to be "down" in '07. I believe the Hawks will send out a WAKE UP ALERT in this one to everyone in Region 6-3A (and the rest of West-TN).

South Side: 28

Obion Co.: 7

beating some one u are suppose to beat isnt a wake up call you beat boliver and then you can talk trash, obion is way down and southside should handle them with ease

Everyone seems to think that JSS is going to be "down" in '07. I believe the Hawks will send out a WAKE UP ALERT in this one to everyone in Region 6-3A (and the rest of West-TN).South Side: 28Obion Co.: 7

beating some one u are suppose to beat isnt a wake up call you beat boliver and then you can talk trash, obion is way down and southside should handle them with ease

Everyone seems to think that JSS is going to be "down" in '07. I believe the Hawks will send out a WAKE UP ALERT in this one to everyone in Region 6-3A (and the rest of West-TN).South Side: 28Obion Co.: 7

Bolivar has it's on problems next wk. against Mem. Carver. I'm not sold on Bolivar like most are on here. Lets see what thay do against Fware. Then we can talk.

If Driggers can get his bunch up for South Side,which I think will pretty easy seeing as how the Hawks are his old team,like Bowling did against Covington,then who knows??....One thing Central won't do and that is lay down....They have been known to get up for big-time opponents...They are 2-2 against Covington the last four years and the two wins were in Troy against #1 ranked Charger teams....They had Dyersburg on the ropes two years ago in Troy when they were also #1 ranked....If this were in Jackson,I'd probably say South Side big...But it's not and those boys just seem to surprise folks at home...If South Side comes in thinking they will win by just showing up,they will just leave 0-1....

If Driggers can get his bunch up for South Side,which I think will pretty easy seeing as how the Hawks are his old team,like Bowling did against Covington,then who knows??....One thing Central won't do and that is lay down....They have been known to get up for big-time opponents...They are 2-2 against Covington the last four years and the two wins were in Troy against #1 ranked Charger teams....They had Dyersburg on the ropes two years ago in Troy when they were also #1 ranked....If this were in Jackson,I'd probably say South Side big...But it's not and those boys just seem to surprise folks at home...If South Side comes in thinking they will win by just showing up,they will just leave 0-1....

You make some vaild points...The rebs just have a nose to find upsets in troy. SS is a more athletic team with more experience, and on paper should completly destroy Obion Central. But they better not come in thinking they have already won, espically if the boys in troy come in with the mindset "We GET to play Jackson soutside this week". Instead of "Oh crap we have to play southside this week". Like everyone expects them too.

Well, most will say that Jax SS is the favorite in this one, and that is understandable. This is usually a good team. OC did lose 16 seniors off last years team, and will enter the game looking for some younger players to step up. But as was posted earlier on this thread, OC will not back down from SS. OC is coming off the best effort thus far in the jamboree vs Lake Co. OC will be young, and will look to improve each time on the field. But coming into Troy thinking it's over just because your bus made the trip is not a wise move. SS will come ready to play, and I think so will OC. Coach Driggers first real game at OC, opening night, it's always a big event. And also the first time we see Jax SS in several years, I'm looking forward to it. This will be OC's first ever week 0 game. and it can be heard on 104.9 KYTN.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!