West vs. Knox Catholic

Brittniwest08

Ruse.

I agree on the close game. Catholic have good discipline on defense and have a good looking running back in Vann. I give the edge to Catholic in a minor upset. Mo. West have always had a great team but some backroom chatter have them not up to previous standards is this all old lady gossip I don't know.

Should be a entertaining affair.

Catholic 17 Mo. West 14

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey leectn.

Should not really be any surprises. Woods and Pemberton coached the TN/KY All Star Team/Game this past summer. Catholic does run the Wing T. Nothing unique about formations, sets, plays, etc. What is unique is that they do have some bigger kids than you might normally see for that offense. QB (Lindsey) is back, and a SR. Smart, tough kid. Saw one scrimmage in spring against Rhea Co, and Halls this fall. Fullbacks, 2 or 3 rotate. Wingbacks, same. No Harrison Smith types, but they seem to run hard. WRs are big, fast, good blockers. Defense has 9 of 11 back. I really like their front 7. NG (Wood) is stout 5-10, 230. They have 3 DTs that play a lot. All JRs. Coulter 6-2, 230, Hood 6-5, 245, and Tait, 6-4, 300. Both OLB/DEs are SRs Mubarak 6-2, 210, and Giles, 5-10, 195. Both ILBs are SRs. Trusller, 6-2, 220, and Tait, 6-2, 230. DBs are all 5-10, to 6-1 types that break well. A lot like your Kim kid. I really don't know about their depth as I left the scrimages when the ones went out. Don't really know how fast any of them are individually.

ruse?

ruse?

Thanks for the breakdown. They have amazing size for a 3A (supposed to be 2A) school. Hopefully, our depth will make up for some of the size issues, but for that to make a difference it will have to be a close game at the end. I do feel we can beat Catholic, but we cannot afford any mistakes. In an event, at last it is football time.

Ruse.

I give the edge to Catholic in a minor upset. Mo. West have always had a great team but some backroom chatter have them not up to previous standards is this all old lady gossip I don't know.

Should be a entertaining affair.

Catholic 17 Mo. West 14

No one in Morristown is calling a win by Catholic an upset. I believe we do have a good team, but a lot of players have changed positions and this is not going to be a good game to see what they have learned. I have not spoken to anyone who feels that West is favored. I feel the score will be close. Hopefully, a little higher on the West side.

ruse?

Thanks for the breakdown. They have amazing size for a 3A (supposed to be 2A) school. Hopefully, our depth will make up for some of the size issues, but for that to make a difference it will have to be a close game at the end. I do feel we can beat Catholic, but we cannot afford any mistakes. In an event, at last it is football time.

leectn.

Saw MoWest vs. Billy Blount earlier. What is the name of the RB, pretty good size, and speed? Also, the OL/DL size. They seem to move pretty well. Thanks.

ruse?

I think Catholic wins.

Not sure how good Mo West is on defense. I know the Hogue kid at safety is good, but other than that I know Mo West lost quite a few players.

Nonetheless an interesting game...That will be very short....Lots of ground action.

Good luck to both teams.

Hogue? Jordan Kim played safety all night

Scoreboard said Catholic 28 to 6 over MoWest. What happened?

The defense played well compared to the previous scrimmages by only giving up 2 touchdowns. The other 2 touchdowns came off of the opening kick-off, and a blocked punt. As far as West goes...they had chances to score, they just couldnt find a rhythm, but if i kno the Trojans like i think i do, they will go to work Monday and prepare for the rest of the season.

Mo-West couldn't get the offense rolling. I was surprised that Catholic controlled the line of scrimmage as well as they did. Congrats to Catholic. They impressed me. I picked Mo-West to win. Goes to show you what I know, LOL.

Watch the game Tonight (Sat Aug 25) on the CW channel. The game will be aired right after the 10pm news (about 10:12). Let us know how we did. Keep in mind this was our 1st game filming

Catholic got off to a huge start running back the opening kick and scoring again their first possession. Game wasn't as close as the score would indicate. Catholic had one TD called back for a hold nowhere near the play and fumbled on another drive close to scoring. Mo West scored after Catholic fumbled a mishandled punt around the 5 yd line. Depth was never a factor since we got a huge break in the weather. Mo West never seemed to get clicking on offense and the Irish dominated the line of scrimmage.