Wayne County at Waverly Central

rednecktiger

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has to be the worst game I have seen Waverly play in a while. I think a lot had to do with all the starters we had out. Corbin Jones was relegated to punting only, Scot Anderson, running back hurt on first play, Tyler Fuller reagravated an injury on about the fourth or fifth play, Chase Collomp hurt in scrimmage last week ACL torn, Nick Bercik ACL in spring scrimmage. Wayne County had 367 total yards and about 200 of those were YAC (yards after contact). Poor, poor tackling. Waverly played very uninspired.

Now having said that, Wayne County you have a very good team and are well coached. Lots of size. Your backs did really well but a lot of that had to do with the poor tackling. Your quarterback on the other hand was very impressive. I know he is only a freshman and coach Rice's son and you could tell the talent from dad.I stand corrected, I don't think Collinwood will beat you in the season. Good luck the rest of the year.

well what a game really shocked after seein the game tonight...but then again the injurys all do have an effect and you know its bad when our star kicker is regulated to only kicking but has to make a tackle on his first punt..but that did show great heart for the sport by corbin jones....as of right now, i sorta nervous bout the rest of the season, this year will either have riverside's 06 season writin on it or maybe some of the younger guys can step up and play with the big boys...but its goina have to be a huge step up or its goina be a long year...hope to see better next week at harpeth

and wayne county, great team ya'l have i expect to hear them going far at the end of it

From what I gathered from the Tennessean, this game was total domination. Wayne County gave up less than 100 total yards of offense. I've said all along they are the real deal after playing them in the playoffs. They are solid and well coached. My only concern if I were a player or fan would be production from the kicking game. According to the Tennessean I think they attempted 3 unsuccessful two point conversions, then went 0-3 on point after attempts. That will beat you in a close game.

wayne county is a very impressive team. you cannot blame the loss on injured players. you have to play with what you have and if waverly had its injured players i am not sure that would change the outcome. you are rioght in saying that waverly played very uninspiring football. their needs to be someone in the upper grades to step up and become a leader. it is not a reigon game, and that is the good part. forget this one and concentrate on the next one tigers.

Well, the games was not very good at all. I guess its good to get the ugly ones out early in the season. I will echo wreaking havoc, its not a region game thats good, also there NEEDS to be upper class men STEP UP. I really feel like there is a leadership problem in the upper class men. Not saying there isn't any, anyone can be a leader, it is a choice, Grab the boot straps and go!