Elizabethton at Science Hill

topvol98

How does this game play out?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How does this game play out?

I believe we have those kind of players, if they are placed in the right positions. We just got plan out coached. Coach Witten will be ready. Coach Smith will be ready. Throw the record books out. It's all about heart and I hope our DB's are ready. We will stop the run, but when they go to the air will we be ready? hmm.

The game last week against South has obviously distorted you sense of perception. Phillips is the man. His abilities along with speedy WR will test ANY secondary and make them look like they need work. No disrespect but, you??™re not playing Curt Phillips this week. On the other hand, you did not see a RB like the one you will see tomorrow night in Derrick Carr on South's team. So the test this week will be more so for the down linemen and the LBs??¦not the DBs.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it comes down to Duanah getting enough touches. The other BIG question mark are Betsy's lines. That has been a long time problem.

Glee, I can’t imagine anybody disagreeing with you about Solomon’s touches…but that’s too easy. I think in Coach G’s mind he feels like he needs to make it look complicated to showcase his changes to the program and his coaching skills, when all he has to do is win games to prove himself.

my oh my, It's still going on, the 3a 4a 5a dumbfounded thinking. Just because you are classified high doesn't make you a better team. Yes you have grater depth, and more talent to choose from, but it all boils down to coaching ability and talent. That is what shows on the field. You can have the most talented kids, and no coach and go nowhere, Look at EHS last year. And you can have a great coach and no talent and see wher you get. It all boils down this year of who wants it worse. EHS comes off a big win over cross town rival.. so what, wheres the true test? SH comes off a loss to the strong south team, (who has more than just a quarterback, for those of you who think he is THE MAN.) who will win? I say the coach who puts the most time in at looking at the game films. If SH looks at pass blocking they will see how weak the O line is at protection. even MR. alconference #77 got his fat butt burnt and fortunately the QB was rolling out away from the rush, and had a second more to get rid of the ball before being hit from the blind side. i would run to the right too if i were the QB just like P had to last year to avoid getting killed from a very slow overrated players missed block. If SH can get pressure quick they win. If wes has time then EHS recievers will win the battle. As for running it's outside for EHS, they don't have the size to play smash mouth football, the fullback couldn't weigh more than 160 lbs but I saw him have some good hits last week, just think he will wear down. Tailbacks are quick, and tough but will get hit harder than last week. Ehs D wasn't really tesed last week, so who knows, but I know alot of topper fans who will be eating crow if Witten can pull it off. Little ol Ehs playin up in a bigger better class.. who has forgotten the years past? 2 year s ago Ehs should have beaten Sh on the last drive, but the great coaching staff let time expire.. remember that one GLEE? good luck to both teams, and remember leave it all on the field so theres no doubts or regrets.

a 3 hour tour....a 3 hour tour....

http://timesnewsphotos.smugmug.com/gallery...#187224840-L-LB

http://timesnewsphotos.smugmug.com/gallery...#187224928-L-LB

I couldn't resist

I hope the links works

I never believed in evolution until I saw those photos. Looks like he got stuck at around 5000 B.C.

I wonder if he brought Ginger and MaryAnn with him?

elaborate volman.. what is dumbfounded about that simple quote? Or did your 5a education not prepare you to make educated responses. uh....... der.....Or wasit you didn't recognize the talent last year. Those kids were undefeated as sophomores, and Ryan Witten as thier coach. What happened, kids get worse the older they got?

I think we will be ready against the pass. I doubt the Betsy qb will be able to get away from the rush the way that Philips did and I doubt that he will be able to throw with the accuracy and velocity on the move the way that Phillips did. I don't think that the cramps should come into play as much this week also. I also expect alot more from the offense to help the defense stay fresh. I would be surprise to see this game close after 3 quarters

I hope your right topvol. About 23 hours from now we will find out which team came to play.

So the test this week will be more so for the down linemen and the LBs??¦not the DBs.

Cap 1 I agree with you about derrick carr, but are you forgetting about the speed of Justin Feuquea(sp)?

Cyclonehorn you are right about last years group. I have a family member whose nephew was part of that group.

He had told me from Pee-wee through 10th grade they were something like 50 to 60 wins and less than

10 losses. He also said they were 4-2 against the bunch that started at D.B. last year. So it does take

more than talent. Coach Witten will do great things at E if they let him and he stays. I cant believe knowing

a little about the history between E. Alexander and Coach W. grandfather that there is no love loss. So I

hope they give him a chance, I dont believe E. Pless will be praying for success either after he and his bunch

about destroyed things. New day I believe he will be 4-6 to 6-4 this year with a lot less talent than in the past

several years. But that says a lot about the Coach and his kids. It will be a good year for them.

elaborate volman.. what is dumbfounded about that simple quote? Or did your 5a education not prepare you to make educated responses. uh....... der.....Or wasit you didn't recognize the talent last year. Those kids were undefeated as sophomores, and Ryan Witten as thier coach. What happened, kids get worse the older they got?

The team with the most talent has won the conference 2 years in a row and is going for a 3-peat this year. Nuff said.

Cyclonehorn you are right about last years group. I have a family member whose nephew was part of that group.

He had told me from Pee-wee through 10th grade they were something like 50 to 60 wins and less than

10 losses. He also said they were 4-2 against the bunch that started at D.B. last year. So it does take

more than talent. Coach Witten will do great things at E if they let him and he stays. I cant believe knowing

a little about the history between E. Alexander and Coach W. grandfather that there is no love loss. So I

hope they give him a chance, I dont believe E. Pless will be praying for success either after he and his bunch

about destroyed things. New day I believe he will be 4-6 to 6-4 this year with a lot less talent than in the past

several years. But that says a lot about the Coach and his kids. It will be a good year for them.

The senior group at South can count their # of losses on one hand since they came out of the womb.