WHICH 1A REGION HAS THE TOUGHEST FOUR TEAMS?

Top Loaded regions!  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Top Loaded regions!

I'm not looking for the toughest team in the state or the region with the best two teams. What I'm looking for is the region with the highest possibility of upsets due to the fact their are several good teams in that particular region. I feel that region 4 or 5 is the deepest if you have to go four teams deep. Region 6 has the big three (MP, CW, and WC), but not a lot after that.

We have Jo Byrns, Cascade, White House Heritage and Forrest returning as our playoff representatives from last season. Although only one of these teams advanced last year, I think it was a learning experience and will help these teams this year. We also have Eagleville who many think will be much improved this year. We had 6 win teams that didn't even make the playoffs last year. Top to bottom this is a tough region. What are your thoughts on your region, and why should they be considered the toughest overall region?

After I posted this, I went back and checked and don't see much past FCS,G'ville, and TC in region 4 either. Don't think Watertown is there yet. Region 6 probably has a leg up on them with the possibility of MC, Huntland or CA rebounding this year to join the big three.

I would venture to say that this year's 4th place team in Region 5 is better than all other region's 4th place team. However, that doesn't make 5 stronger than the rest. We do have 10 teams to choose from. Region 4 is still the toughest because the top 3 more than make up for their weaker 4th team. I'm a homer for Region 5 and I think the competition continues to get better and better but for now I've got to go with Reg. 4.

I would venture to say that this year's 4th place team in Region 5 is better than all other region's 4th place team. However, that doesn't make 5 stronger than the rest. We do have 10 teams to choose from. Region 4 is still the toughest because the top 3 more than make up for their weaker 4th team. I'm a homer for Region 5 and I think the competition continues to get better and better but for now I've got to go with Reg. 4.

bump

I'm going with Region 4

Watertown has improved over last year, and Monterey isn't bad either.

I didn't think Watertown looked that good in our scrimmage, but apparently they are putting things together. Region 4 obviously has the top three according to all the ratings, my question was concerning a regional top four. Maybe Watertown is ready to step up to the challenge afterall.

I didn't think Watertown looked that good in our scrimmage, but apparently they are putting things together. Region 4 obviously has the top three according to all the ratings, my question was concerning a regional top four. Maybe Watertown is ready to step up to the challenge afterall.

Watertown beat a decent 2A Upperman team last night.

Region results of completed games from last night:

Region 1 3-2

Region 2 1-5

Region 3 3-2

Region 4 5-0

Region 5 0-0 games to be completed tonight

Region 6 1-0 games to be completed tonight

Region 7 3-2

Region 8 0-2

I think your wrong on one of them, i heard that harriman beat Montery, which would put region 4 at 4-1 not 5-0.