Chattanooga area rankings

chasanooga

Hey Mcminn Co. do you have it in you to go toe to toe with Cleveland thurs. night???

I believe that McMinn Co. has shown over the years that they are ready for almost every game and they are always ready for the post season. I think they have the team that can keep Cleveland from scoring. Will they be able to score... time will tell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did spend alot on Tuesday. Thursday will all depend on which McMinn Team shows up. We have been up and down all year. Tues was the first time we had played for 80 minutes. If the Lady Cherokees can repeat that performance, then we can challenge Cleveland for the District title. Anything less, and we will be traveling next Tuesday.

Week 9 Rankings Oct 15-21

1. Baylor 13-1-4, Beat GPS 1-0, lost to BGA 3-1, Baylor to play winner of Hutchison/St Benedict @ Baylor.

2. Notre Dame 11-3-3, beat East Ridge, beat CCS 1-0, will play Boyd Buchanon Tuesday @ ND.

3. Cleveland 14-2-2, beat Cumberland Co 2-0, beat McMinn County 3-0, will host Ooltewah @ Soddy Tuesday.

4. Soddy-Daisy 11-5-2, beat Chatt Central 4-1, beat Ooltewah 1-0, hosts McMinn County Tuesday.

5. Ooltewah 11-6-3, beat Red bank 5-0, lost to Soddy 1-0, will play Cleveland @ Soddy Tueday.

6. GPS 4-8-6, lost to Baylor 1-0, lost to Brentwood Academy 2-0, GPS to play winner of ECS/St Agnes in Memphis.

7. CCS 9-7-4, beat Hixson 3-0, lost to Notre Dame 1-0, will play @ Grace Tuesday.

8. Hixson 9-4-4, lost to CCS 3-0, finished for the season.

9. Grace 13-3-0, beat CSAS (Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences), beat Boyd Buchanon 2-1, will host CCS Tuesday.

10. McMinn County 11-6-3, beat Bradley Central 4-0, lost to Cleveland 3-0, will travel to Soddy Daisy Tuesday.

11. Boyd Buchanon 11-5-1, beat McMinn Central 2-1, lost to Grace 2-1, will travel to Notre Dame Tuesday.

corrected records are welcome

Chattanooga area sends 5 teams to state tourney:

Div II

Baylor 5 Hutchison 0

GPS wins in a shootout over St Agnes

A/AA

Notre Dame 8 Livingston Academy 0

CCS 2 Station Camp 0

AAA

Soddy Daisy 1 Riverdale 0

Cleveland loses a hard fought game to Siegel 2-1, getting farther in the tourney than any other Cleveland team.

Congrats to all the teams, coaches and parents.

Week 10 Rankings Oct 22-28

1. Baylor 14-1-4, beat Hutchison 5-0, will play ECS (Evangelical Christian School) 13-4-2 Thursday @ 7pm @ Baylor.

2. Notre Dame 14-3-3, beat Boyd Buchanon 12-2, beat CCS 3-0, beat Livingston Academy 8-0, will play Jackson Christian 18-4-1, @ CCS Wednesday @ 4:30.

3. Soddy Daisy 12-6-2, lost to Cleveland 2-1 OT, beat Riverdale 1-0, will play Colliersville 17-0-5, 11:30am Wed @ GPS.

4. Cleveland 16-3-2, beat Soddy Daisy 2-1 in OT, lost to Siegel 2-1.

5. GPS 5-8-6, beat St Agnes in pk's 4-2, will play BGA Thursday @4:30 @ Baylor.

6. Ooltewah 11-7-3, lost to Soddy Daisy 1-0, lost to Cleveland 1-0

7. CCS 11-8-4, beat Grace 5-0, lost to Notre Dame 3-0, beat Station Camp 2-0, will play CAK Wed @ CCS @ 11:30.

8. Hixson 9-4-4, no games.

9. Grace 13-4-0, beat Boyd Buchanon 2-1, lost to CCS 5-0.

10. McMinn County 11-7-3, lost to Cleveland 3-0, lost to Soddy 1-0.

Unless Eurosports is wrong, GPS has 2 wins in their last 15 games with one of those wins against a very average Webb team. I don't understand why you think they should move past Cleveland who has 16 wins and made a very nice playoff run. If anything GPS should be lower in the rankings.

IMO, I don't consider their ties to be in same category as losses. They tied CCS, Notre Dame, BGA, Webb (who they later beat), plus they only lost 0-1 to Baylor on 10/16. They played a much tougher schedule than did Cleveland (i.e. East Ridge, Warren County, William Blount in their non-conference play).

You are right that based solely on their W-L-T record, they might not deserve to move up. I've seen GPS and Cleveland both play, though, and a believe that GPS would be able to beat Cleveland. If that is the case, then GPS should be moved up in the rankings. Since they haven't played, it's just academic.

IMO, I don't consider their ties to be in same category as losses. They tied CCS, Notre Dame, BGA, Webb (who they later beat), plus they only lost 0-1 to Baylor on 10/16. They played a much tougher schedule than did Cleveland (i.e. East Ridge, Warren County, William Blount in their non-conference play).

You are right that based solely on their W-L-T record, they might not deserve to move up. I've seen GPS and Cleveland both play, though, and a believe that GPS would be able to beat Cleveland. If that is the case, then GPS should be moved up in the rankings. Since they haven't played, it's just academic.

Don, I think CCS also should be ahead of Cleveland. They tied earier in the season, but CCS is still playing. Just food for thought, And stirring the pot.

Week 11 Final rankings Nov 5, 2007

1. Baylor 15-2-1, beat ECS 1-0, lost very tough game to BGA 2-1 in the state finals. Very good group of girls returning next year. Jimmy Weekley has great teams year in and year out.

2. Notre Dame 15-4-3, beat Jackson Christian 4-0 state quarter finals loses hearbreaker to FRA in a shootout in semi's, gave up 2 goals over last 7 games, will return very good group of girls for next year. Great coaching job by Jim Schermerhorn.

3. CCS 12-9-4, huge win vs defending state champ CAK in a shootout, lost tough one to CPA 2-1 in semi finals. As always will be competitive next year.

4. GPS 5-9-6, lost to BGA 2-0 in state semi finals in a hard fought game, played one of the toughest schedules in the state. New coach Dave Barrueta has them believing.

5. Soddy Daisy 13-7-2, ran into a buzz saw with Collierville lost 6-0, had a great year.

6. Cleveland 16-3-2, best season ever and looks to be good in coming years.

7. Ooltewah, 11-7-3, played very difficult schedule, 2 disapointing losses in tourney, will be back next year.

8. Hixson 9-4-4, had a good year.

9. Grace 13-4-0, had a much better year than anyone expected, great coaching job by Sean MacPherson

10. McMinn County 11-7-3, very solid year for the Cherokees

Overall the Chattanooga area had a very good year. Five teams made it to state unfortunately Baylor, CCS and Notre Dame all had heart breaking losses in semi finals/finals. A lot of very good juniors (seniors) ready to show off their stuff next year. Congrats to all for a very good year.