EAST HICKMAN

LiLolme

We haven't played any big dogs? Are you kidding me? You guys really have no idea. These big dogs your talking about would be in the same shape we were in in 4A. Bruceton may not be very good, i'm not judging, but Mckenzie is in the same boat, but there boat is slower. I've yet to see a publication picking Mckenzie over bruceton. Anyway, your right, it really doesn't matter, its just preseason and maybe we'll see you lads down the road a piece. Marshall co. awaits. And i'm sure if we beat them there will be some new excuses from the 2A football thought police.

Well, if you believe everything the media tells you, then I need not say anymore.

And how successful was your big dog excursion in 4A? Trust me, 2A is a bit more competitive than you think. Case in point-2A Goodpasture 22 5A Ravenwood 21, 2A Alcoa 21 3A Spring Hill 0. And keep an eye on that Maryville/Alcoa game coming up. And I seem to remember about 2 springs back when Swenson went to Hickman County, you guys coming over to Camden and getting thoroughly spanked in a scrimmage. And that's when you were 4A.

By the way, out of curiosity, just what 2A big dogs HAVE you played?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you believe everything the media tells you, then I need not say anymore.

And how successful was your big dog excursion in 4A? Trust me, 2A is a bit more competitive than you think. Case in point-2A Goodpasture 22 5A Ravenwood 21, 2A Alcoa 21 3A Spring Hill 0. And keep an eye on that Maryville/Alcoa game coming up. And I seem to remember about 2 springs back when Swenson went to Hickman County, you guys coming over to Camden and getting thoroughly spanked in a scrimmage. And that's when you were 4A.

By the way, out of curiosity, just what 2A big dogs HAVE you played?

Thats what i'm getting at. We were just as successful as Camden would have been in 4A. Like a duck out of water. don't compare alcoa with anyone, you'll make yourself look bad. Lets see....big dogs we've played....hmmmmm...ok, hillboro, maplewood, whitescreek, tullahoma, stratford, Lewis Co., is that enough? I know 2A is good, heck we were darn good when moe was here and we were 2A. Probably the last time we were good was in 2A. Its where we belong. Don't compare us from 2 yrs ago, there's no comparison. Seems I remember Camden when ward took over. They were a deadhorse. But probably the best thing that ever happened for Camden, they moved from 3A to 2A, then opted to play across the river to avoid Milan etc.

thought police?

Let's play them on the field. Lewis County is the odds on favorite for this region. After that, I think it'll be pretty competitive for playoff spots. HC probably should get one of those. It would be a crying shame if they didn't, but I don't look for the Bulldogs to dominate this region by any means. The past means doodley squat. East Hickman is starting something from the ground up and I applaud them for taking the varsity route instead of playing a JV schedule for a couple of years. Harpeth and Fairview owe them big time for getting us out of the ABC private school region.

As a Harpeth fan, I'm glad to take a pass on Goodpasture, CPA during the regular season. I can tell you that.

Thats what i'm getting at. We were just as successful as Camden would have been in 4A. Like a duck out of water. don't compare alcoa with anyone, you'll make yourself look bad. Lets see....big dogs we've played....hmmmmm...ok, hillboro, maplewood, whitescreek, tullahoma, stratford, Lewis Co., is that enough? I know 2A is good, heck we were darn good when moe was here and we were 2A. Probably the last time we were good was in 2A. Its where we belong. Don't compare us from 2 yrs ago, there's no comparison. Seems I remember Camden when ward took over. They were a deadhorse. But probably the best thing that ever happened for Camden, they moved from 3A to 2A, then opted to play across the river to avoid Milan etc.

I had suspected you didn't know what you were talking about, now you have confirmed it. Camden was never 3A. And last I checked, Alcoa was a 2A big dog, so it stands to reason I use them in my argument. And the reason we quit playing Milan is that we got stuck in a 9 team region. No room for Milan on that schedule. And we did stay in West TN when we played out of region. Get your facts straight.

And I asked for 2A teams, so your only answer is Lewis County.

There is only 1 senior on the New EAST team that actually plays, We had 1 Senior that was supposed to be the starting Q-back but he quit , week of game 1. East is a very young team, only maybe 4 Juniors, As for the chirpers from Centerville, if they lost all the kids from East , they would be in a bad situation right now. The few Seniors/Juniors that were recruited to stay ( Brainwashed ) and turn thier back on EAST , are all very key players , take away the one "KEY" player recruited from Fairview , they have nothing , trust me folks, Centerville is riding this as far as they can. But it is all shallow and false, they are enjoying the fruit that East has produced. With that said I dont think having these kids will give them the wins they think they will get, history dictates, Centerville equals failure, some way they will figure out how to lose this year too. The dog must eat, ha what a joke, hope he dont eat any any of that nasty bar b que.

I had suspected you didn't know what you were talking about, now you have confirmed it. Camden was never 3A. And last I checked, Alcoa was a 2A big dog, so it stands to reason I use them in my argument. And the reason we quit playing Milan is that we got stuck in a 9 team region. No room for Milan on that schedule. And we did stay in West TN when we played out of region. Get your facts straight.

And I asked for 2A teams, so your only answer is Lewis County.

Yes, they were 3A sheeesh. You can't read and simply can't infer messages. And no, the reason you requested to get out of your old region was to get some darn wins and get in the playoffs to help build some selfesteem. Genius move in my opinion and its worked out well.I said don't include alcoa because most 2A teams don't sign numerous players to div.1 scholorships yearly so they are a different breed. It always amazes me what you commoners come up with.

There is only 1 senior on the New EAST team that actually plays, We had 1 Senior that was supposed to be the starting Q-back but he quit , week of game 1. East is a very young team, only maybe 4 Juniors, As for the chirpers from Centerville, if they lost all the kids from East , they would be in a bad situation right now. The few Seniors/Juniors that were recruited to stay ( Brainwashed ) and turn thier back on EAST , are all very key players , take away the one "KEY" player recruited from Fairview , they have nothing , trust me folks, Centerville is riding this as far as they can. But it is all shallow and false, they are enjoying the fruit that East has produced. With that said I dont think having these kids will give them the wins they think they will get, history dictates, Centerville equals failure, some way they will figure out how to lose this year too. The dog must eat, ha what a joke, hope he dont eat any any of that nasty bar b que.

Whats going to happen in east goes 3A in 09? Lipscomb, giles, marshall, etc. Man that would be tough.

That's two very low down things to say about high school kids (brainwashed and recruited) when you have no idea and no proof, just conjecture.

That's two very low down things to say about high school kids (brainwashed and recruited) when you have no idea and no proof, just conjecture.

Evidently you have no idea what the word Centerville means. Nothing bad has been said about the kids fella, I have several kids in that miserable school that I have known since diapers. When they are not playing EAST I will be rooting for them, not for Centerville, but those kids, I happen to have first hand knowledge that they were promised unrealistic dreams. Dont get your little panties in a wad.

When they go 3a???????? trust me, when that Sophmore/Freshman class grows, And EAST grows, and Centerville shrinks they will be any teams nightmare, Your little school , they will still be hungry dogs, whipped with that tail tween dem dar legs.

First of all, Everyone needs to quit hating on East.. They are young.. I experienced this same situation when I came into my freshman year at Creekwood. Most of the good players stayed at Dickson instead of transfering. We were left with a hand full of juniors, but mostly sophmores and freshmen. We stunk it up for the first few years, but thats is gonna happen when you are trying to build a program. By the time the first freshman class of CW were all seniors they were ready to play. This was my junior season. We ended up going 9-3 on the year, barely loosing to lexington in the 2nd round of the playoffs at there place... The moral of the story is in order to have a good program you must build one... I know this first hand.. I have all the confidence in the world in Coach jones at East.. He was a part of that 2005 season at CW as most of you all know.. Give him a few years and East will be a great program... Good luck Coach Jones, Hatley [ im pulling for ya!!!]

LAMBUTH EAGLES!!! MI PHI