Have any of you ever seen a losing head coach NOT shake the winning te

brumfield

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it wasn't during the game, but before the game, think real hard about it..

Still not sure what you are talking about. I do not remember anything unsual before the game. Unless you mean when our team entered the field from their side and that goes back to what they did last year at our house. I am sure some thrash talk went on between players all week. The only thing I heard was the their coach told channel 8 they would win 35-7, and that may be a rumor. If it is none of the above then educate me, because I must have been in lala land.

That don't really matter, but the head coach don't ever shake hands with nobody but the coach, don't know why tho...And i don't think it was the football players doing the disrespecting, i believe it was some rowdy students that got put in their place. Really the only probem i heard about besides that was some kids from Stone trashing the parking lot with garbage...Good luck with the rest of your season...

I have seen it happen before....It is usually not out of disrespect...Sometimes they cant find the other coach or maybe one of the players got hurt. I have seen the head coach still yelling at the officials chasing them down the field. After a lose coaches have a lot on there mind. I am sure it was not an intentional thing. They have the pregame administrators meeting and I am sure they shook hands then. I think the after the game shaking of hands is kind of pointless. If you are made to do something, then is it really being a good sport. I am all for showing good sportsmanship, but lineing up and everyone saying good game, even to players who didnt play, what does that prove? I see more signs of sportsmanship after they have taken the pads off after the game when you will hear something like hey 22, you laid some good licks on me tonight, goodluck to you all this year. That was a true sign of sportsmanship, not lining up and saying good game to everyone.

I have seen it happen before....It is usually not out of disrespect...Sometimes they cant find the other coach or maybe one of the players got hurt. I have seen the head coach still yelling at the officials chasing them down the field. After a lose coaches have a lot on there mind. I am sure it was not an intentional thing. They have the pregame administrators meeting and I am sure they shook hands then. I think the after the game shaking of hands is kind of pointless. If you are made to do something, then is it really being a good sport. I am all for showing good sportsmanship, but lineing up and everyone saying good game, even to players who didnt play, what does that prove? I see more signs of sportsmanship after they have taken the pads off after the game when you will hear something like hey 22, you laid some good licks on me tonight, goodluck to you all this year. That was a true sign of sportsmanship, not lining up and saying good game to everyone.

I agree with you. Its also strange to see boxers slug it out for 12 rounds and hug each other after the fight. Most of the time. But hey, is that respect or good sportsmanship? Either way I think the church league act should end and let the players that want to show respect do so. Like in the pros. Who started this proceedure anyway?

I for one think the majority of the smhs kids were very disrespectful. Like,,,, driving through jets parking lot with a flag flying which had a big C with a line through it. And it was very rude to come in front of our student section cheering, we didnt do that to them and it was OUR HOUSE! Not to mention how they trashed the stadium and the parking lot. And you Panthers should be so proud of that lil video of a Panther buring a JET Jersey. Dont get me wrong i believe in having pride and showing it! But also being respectful. I am very proud of my Jets. And there is NOTHING like JET Pride!!!

And to the Panther FOOTBALL TEAM, You guys played a great game! Good luck on the rest of season!

I for one think the majority of the smhs kids were very disrespectful. Like,,,, driving through jets parking lot with a flag flying which had a big C with a line through it. And it was very rude to come in front of our student section cheering, we didnt do that to them and it was OUR HOUSE! Not to mention how they trashed the stadium and the parking lot. And you Panthers should be so proud of that lil video of a Panther buring a JET Jersey. Dont get me wrong i believe in having pride and showing it! But also being respectful. I am very proud of my Jets. And there is NOTHING like JET Pride!!!

And to the Panther FOOTBALL TEAM, You guys played a great game! Good luck on the rest of season!

I did notice Mrs Graham and Mrs Booker taking notes, on both sides. The nonsense with the students acting up should end. I did not notice the parking lot or stands because they all seem to be thrashed after a game. Has for the video, we never saw or heard about that, that may be a little much. Driving through the parking lot with a flag seems like good old school spirit to me, but I am old fashion. I grew up with a in town rival and most of us where friends 364 days out of the year and the pranks we pulled!! Good luck with the season....Hope you guys win 9 in a row!!

Kane you seem to only find faults with SMHS. How about the Jet fans pulling a panther by a leash and proceeding to bash it on the ground. It happens they are kids. Until a Jet actually gets buried or a Panther actually gets pulled by a leash and beaten I think you need to take a few breaths and calm down. As for the trash....it's a ballgame trash is always everywhere! Last year when the Jets won the basketball game they rushed the court and flaunted their victory. Leaving behind raunchy posters they had madeup. (one saying Panthers are **ssies) It's what they are suppose to do after all they are kids.......

Your right I must've missed it since I paid my $6 to watch the game not the student body. It's a great rivalry always will be. I for one love when they play each other. I think a coach should shake hands whether they win or lose though. Not saying he had to but it shows his team sportsmanship.