Gallatin vs Lebanon

GWAVE1

Not sure what the outcome will be. But I'll be there cheering for th 07' version of the Green Wave. Looking forward to seeing Boo run that shotgun spread option, his speed from the QB position reminds me of Link from the 03' team.

Is this Boo kid gonna have anyone else helping him or is he gonna single handedly play each team by himself?

The kid is a good athlete but he can't win it without a TEAM... these kids have lived in the shadow of THE 43 SENIORS, they don't need to be forgotten for one player...

Galltain, will be okay this season but it will take a team effort.. I just hope everyone keeps underestimating this team..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Green Wave!!!

My personal opinion...everyone in the community had high expectations for last year's team. Maybe, too high. (Myself included) But who knows, maybe not putting that pressure on this year's group will be a blessing. If I remember correctly, after our first state title in 1978, not much was expected of the 79 squad. They proved to be formidable opponents & I believe were beaten in the state semis by an always tough Jackson Central Merry in OT.

I think this will be a close game, but hopefully the Wave will pull the W.

82cat...looking forward to renewing that rivalry with Smyrna. I am excited to see Sonny Gray play in person! (I might think differently after the game) Good luck to your team this year!

GO GREEN WAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this Boo kid gonna have anyone else helping him or is he gonna single handedly play each team by himself?

The kid is a good athlete but he can't win it without a TEAM... these kids have lived in the shadow of THE 43 SENIORS, they don't need to be forgotten for one player...

Galltain, will be okay this season but it will take a team effort.. I just hope everyone keeps underestimating this team..

I in no way meant for my comment to be taken that 1 person would be the reason for any of Gallatin's success or failure this year. It's my belief that this TEAM will be just that, a TEAM.

Have there been any changes in coaching personnel in G Town?

Not this year. Finally we did not have to replace any coaches.

I too think that Boo will shine at the Qb position. I also think that Holder and Hollins will have big seasons for the Wave. And of course the unblockable Gleaves will make a huge mess of the opponents o-line. There are lots of potential stars and roll players that will come to light when we finally get this thing started.

I have been very surprised by this teams effort. I think that Lebanon might be as well. How good or bad we will be is yet to be seen until we actually get out there when it counts. I also was surprised last year that the Blue Devils played us as hard as they did. Since they have so many returning this game should be very interesting.

And no lift 2p....not at our place baby!!

I in no way meant for my comment to be taken that 1 person would be the reason for any of Gallatin's success or failure this year. It's my belief that this TEAM will be just that, a TEAM.

I know that the kids on the Gallatin team, as well as every other team in the state, read this board, the sports articles, the previews and anything else written about their respective teams. Each kid that suits up is just as important as any other kid... all I'm trying to point out is that this team doesn't need to hear anything about a certain group or an individual player... the perception of this teams chances of success since last season has been minimal at best... I've heard the comments form people first hand.

Wave88, I understand what you meant in your post but think about the kids that read these posts and understand that they want to be recognized just as much as Boo... I only replied to your post in order to get you and others to think about a complete group of kids and not just one or two...

Here's to a great season for the Green Wave!!!!!

I know that the kids on the Gallatin team, as well as every other team in the state, read this board, the sports articles, the previews and anything else written about their respective teams. Each kid that suits up is just as important as any other kid... all I'm trying to point out is that this team doesn't need to hear anything about a certain group or an individual player... the perception of this teams chances of success since last season has been minimal at best... I've heard the comments form people first hand.

Wave88, I understand what you meant in your post but think about the kids that read these posts and understand that they want to be recognized just as much as Boo... I only replied to your post in order to get you and others to think about a complete group of kids and not just one or two...

Here's to a great season for the Green Wave!!!!!

I realize that you are new to the boards but I assure you once this season gets started you will see multiple names mentioned. I think one of the biggest hinderences right now is the lack of knowledge as to who we are actually going to see this fall. I know I defintely need a program.

I realize that you are new to the boards but I assure you once this season gets started you will see multiple names mentioned. I think one of the biggest hinderences right now is the lack of knowledge as to who we are actually going to see this fall. I know I defintely need a program.

That's good cause I'm hearing there's alot of really good players on the team...

Well, it's my first post of the '07 season... And I don't really know what to say. As GWave pointed out, there are a ton of un-known's this year for Gallatin. I will, however, comment on what I have seen. Butler, if healthy, WILL be a huge threat to defenses. The kid is super fast, has an accurate arm (not to say that he will be throwing much), and good vision of the field. I am really excited to see what Holder will do this year. I've been waiting for Gallatin to have a back that has the agility and speed to break long gains and make big plays outside the tackles. Now, having said that, I don't really know much else about the offense this year. Speaking for the defense, I can't remember the last time Gallatin has had a "bad" one. There have been mismatches exposed from time to time as seen in last year's playoff game vs. Ravenwood, but they are usually solid or better-no matter the personnel. One thing that hasn't really been mentioned other than briefly by GWave is the kicking game. I have a feeling there are going to be some close games this year, and Ingham is going to give us a leg up (get it, leg up) on the opponent. For those of you who haven't seen this kid kick a football, it is a thing to behold. If you are familiar with Gallatin's practice field layout, you will appreciate this. Kicking away from the workout facility, he was putting them in and across the road. I thought he was going to hit my truck. I hope they let this kid try one from 58 or farther so he and his brother will have something to argue about. That also puts alot of pressure on the offense for other teams. Because I'm 95 percent sure that they will be starting on their own 20 every possession. As for Lebanon, I have no idea exactly how they will perform. They are always a tough game on the schedule, I don't care how much talent is on the field. Oh and by the way... Wavelink, I wandered down to Smyrna last week to see the siegel game and let me tell you... Sonny Gray and Rod Wilkes may as well be Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. I, in contrast to you, am not looking forward to seeing them play against us. But this week is Lebanon, so take it to 'em Wave. I'm saying Gallatin by 13 in a contest that stays extremely close until late in the game. Gallatin conditioning and discipline prevail. Squosh out.

Now that is funny. Blue Devil Pride will prevail. Wont be a blow-out, but the devils will come out on top. Fork'em We have an experience line, experience Qb, and some strong backs. The d-line is nasty--speed. Fork'em

GALLATIN WILL HAVE TO THROW THE BALL AGAINST LEBANON TO COME OUT ON TOP DONT MEAN EVERY DOWN JUST MIX IT UP A LITTLE....LEBANON WILL BE LIKE EVERY TEAM GALLATIN PLAYS...STACK THAT LINE...THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS LEBANON HAS HAS HAD A GREAT DEFENSE...THIS WILL BE A GREAT GAME....