Sycamore at Montgomery Central

Big Country

This week the War Eagkles from Sycamore High School travel to Cunningham (located just outside of Clarksville) to play former region rival Montgomery Central. This series has been put on hold the last two years following a six year meeting period in which both teams enjoyed success. Players to watch in this one include a couple of transfer quarterbacks. For Sycamore it's Jake Simms (Eagleville Transfer) & for Montgomery Central it's Blake Clayton (Jackson South Side Transfer).

Here's A Look Into the Series History

1999: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore (Overtime Thriller)

2000: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Defensive Struggle)

2001: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Sycamore Blowout)

2002: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Close Contest)

2003: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Blowout That Turned Into A Shootout)

2004: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore (Close Contest)

The games in '99, '00, '02, & '04 were decided by fewer than 20-POINTS combined.

TUNE IN FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7PM LIVE ON WQSV AM790 TO LISTEN TO THE NEXT CHAPTER IN THIS RIVALRY!!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week the War Eagkles from Sycamore High School travel to Cunningham (located just outside of Clarksville) to play former region rival Montgomery Central. This series has been put on hold the last two years following a six year meeting period in which both teams enjoyed success. Players to watch in this one include a couple of transfer quarterbacks. For Sycamore it's Jake Simms (Eagleville Transfer) & for Montgomery Central it's Blake Clayton (Jackson South Side Transfer).

Here's A Look Into the Series History

1999: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore (Overtime Thriller)

2000: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Defensive Struggle)

2001: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Sycamore Blowout)

2002: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Close Contest)

2003: Sycamore beat Montgomery Central (Blowout That Turned Into A Shootout)

2004: Montgomery Central beat Sycamore (Close Contest)

The games in '99, '00, '02, & '04 were decided by fewer than 20-POINTS combined.

TUNE IN FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7PM LIVE ON WQSV AM790 TO LISTEN TO THE NEXT CHAPTER IN THIS RIVALRY!!!!

I saw both of these teams play at Creekwood's Jamboree. Honestly, neither looked that good.. It should be a good game, though. IT could come down to fourth quarter play...

Im gonna say Sycamore by 7..

SYCAMORE DID NOT PLAY AT CREEKWOOD JAMBOREE. THEY DID HANDLE CREEKWOOD FAIRLY EASY IN A SCRIMAGE THOUGH. ON PAPER AND FILM I WOULD THINK SYC BY MORE THAN 7 . BUT WITH THE HISTORY BC POINTED OUT AND 16 & 17 YEAR OLDS YOU NEVER KNOW.

I THINK IF SYC STAYS HUNGRY, HUMBLE & FOCUSED (1 @ A TIME) THEY WILL SURPRISE SOME FOLKS.

NO STARS JUST OLD FASHION TEAMWORK.

BC ARE YOU GOING TO THE GAME?

SYCAMORE DID NOT PLAY AT CREEKWOOD JAMBOREE. THEY DID HANDLE CREEKWOOD FAIRLY EASY IN A SCRIMAGE THOUGH. ON PAPER AND FILM I WOULD THINK SYC BY MORE THAN 7 . BUT WITH THE HISTORY BC POINTED OUT AND 16 & 17 YEAR OLDS YOU NEVER KNOW.

I THINK IF SYC STAYS HUNGRY, HUMBLE & FOCUSED (1 @ A TIME) THEY WILL SURPRISE SOME FOLKS.

Yes Sir!!! For once I do not have a broadcast on a Friday night (outside of a late playoff round) which means I can go watch my alma mater play for the first of two occasions in a three week span.

Since it's Sycamore I can't make a prediction because I HAVE A NEW POLICY IN TERMS OF PREDICTING GAMES FEATURING THE WAR EAGLES & THE CUBS!!!!

This should be a good game. The last two years do not show it but coach Ricky Ray has done an outstanding job at Montgomery Central (the Indians were a playoff team in 2004). Coach Halstead's team must continue to take each week one step at a time and this is definately one of those "trap games" that could bite the War Eagles if they come in playing "flat".

I look for the War Eagles to play very hard from the outset because their players just don't know any other way to play the game.

PigMan, You hit the nail on the head. These young men are standing together as a team. If they continue to play this way and play focused and with heart, I think they can and will be successful. I BELIEVE in them and will remind them ...1 at a time..... GO WAR EAGLES

I think sycamore plays fast and will be ready. Theyre on a hotstreak and apparently are carryin momentum. I rootin for my boys to pull thru and win. If they stay focused and keep working they will have a repeat season if not better. get em war eagles. Wheres the game at?

THE GAME IS AT MONT. CENT. I THINK KICKOFF IS AT 7:30.

OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO WAR EAGLE # 68 AND HIS FAMILY.

35 HOURS TILL KICK OFF!

GO WAR EAGLES!!!