Ooltewah ?

2seamfastball

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyner?,why would you go where,there's more athletes than there are footballs?

I think that must have been why he is leaving, last time I checked there are plenty of athletes at Ooltewah, the competition is tough for playing time. I wish PJ all the best. I am not sure there will be enough touches on the football at Tyner either. He is a baseball player also, good luck with that at Tyner. I personally don't see making that move one game into your 10th grade year. Sometimes you just have to wonder?

I think they(parents),were calling monroe's bluff,in a desperate attempt to have the coaching staff,beg for him to stay...guess what? see ya!!!! it seems weird to think they weren't happy that he was playing defense on a team as big as ooltewah,and do they think he should be playing in front of marshall? holy s@#t!!! people are insane!!!

I think they(parents),were calling monroe's bluff,in a desperate attempt to have the coaching staff,beg for him to stay...guess what? see ya!!!! it seems weird to think they weren't happy that he was playing defense on a team as big as ooltewah,and do they think he should be playing in front of marshall? holy s@#t!!! people are insane!!!

He was not starting on defense, but he was getting playing time on offense and defense. I know he got at least one or two carries friday against Whites Creek and he played several series on defense. How many times have you seen the same starters on a defense keep their jobs for an entire season? Most teams make several adjustments throughout the season. PJ coould have worked his way into a starting role or maybe not, we will never know now. He has been utilized as a punt returner last year as a freshman and again last friday, but I don't remember him actually returning many. Look everyone will be better off now. Ooltewah doesn't need the distraction. I am sure Coach Monroe hates to see PJ go but he has plenty of backs on this team to fill his spot. PJ is a very competitive young man he will compete for PT at Tyner next year, or where ever he goes. Like I said earlier, I wish him all the best. I just think giving up a year's worth of eligibility is a big price to pay.

Guess that was a lesson for players and parents. Coach Monroe and his staff will not be bullied into playing kids or bribed or talked into or made to feel guilty or obligated. They will play who they think is BEST to win period. Work hard in practice and on/off the field make your grades and be part of a great team. This is all just crazy and like you said it is a big school and everyone thinks they should start. NO BEGGING from coaches is ever gonna happen trust me. GO OWLS!

#3 connor left the team because he said he wanted to concentrate on baseball, also i heard number 4 hubbard which is a sophmore (I think) left the team and will be looking to play at tyner in the future, aslo another senior whom wasnt a starter left the team, I think the main reason behind these kids leaving the team was concerns with playing time, not everyone can play its part of life, i dont think any of these kids leaving ooltewah will have an effect on their season.

well it must be true from the looks of the posts, playing time is no reason to leave. if there not going to effect the team by leaving then its all good i guess. one thing thats true is thats part of life, everyone cant play but everyone sure can support their teammates and they need to realize that if someone goes down up there that they may get a chance.(hope nobody does) Tiki Barber is a good example. Well good luck Owls hope nobody else leaves ya ll.

well it must be true from the looks of the posts, playing time is no reason to leave. if there not going to effect the team by leaving then its all good i guess. one thing thats true is thats part of life, everyone cant play but everyone sure can support their teammates and they need to realize that if someone goes down up there that they may get a chance.(hope nobody does) Tiki Barber is a good example. Well good luck Owls hope nobody else leaves ya ll.