HICKMAN COUNTY BULLDOGS

slits-shady

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see 15 tackles 2 for loss 4 carries for 38 yds seams like the kid had pretty good numbers. Maybe the coach needs to get him the ball a little more.

There was no doubt that Hightower is a great athlete, Coach Thomas needs to get him the football alot more than he did, if it were me he would rest on Defense. I was not to impressed with him there, he did not attack blockers and there were a couple of time he was getting pushed around by kids with less than half the talent. He was real good when the play went away and he could chase with his speed. I saw him carry the ball around 4 times and I believe all 4 were for first downs, he was drastically underused on the offensive side. The Secondary for the Dawgs is by far the most talented spot on the field, those kids have a nack for the football and they have an attitude that is needed. Offense is going to have to get better in the o-line, they were good outside on the edges (which is Swenson's honey hole)but he knows for them to be successful they need to run the traps and counters inside as well. The Dawgs are going to be good, and I am pulling for them.....keep up the good work in Centerville, you all deserve this season....make it worth while

There was no doubt that Hightower is a great athlete, Coach Thomas needs to get him the football alot more than he did, if it were me he would rest on Defense. I was not to impressed with him there, he did not attack blockers and there were a couple of time he was getting pushed around by kids with less than half the talent. He was real good when the play went away and he could chase with his speed. I saw him carry the ball around 4 times and I believe all 4 were for first downs, he was drastically underused on the offensive side. The Secondary for the Dawgs is by far the most talented spot on the field, those kids have a nack for the football and they have an attitude that is needed. Offense is going to have to get better in the o-line, they were good outside on the edges (which is Swenson's honey hole)but he knows for them to be successful they need to run the traps and counters inside as well. The Dawgs are going to be good, and I am pulling for them.....keep up the good work in Centerville, you all deserve this season....make it worth while

I played against Hightower twice in high school... Marshall County was in our region.. His sophmore year I dont remember him playing linebacker at all. I remember him running the ball alot.. for alot of yardage.. His junior season he definitely played tailback and linebacker and made great plays on both sides of the ball... It seems like to me that he is now primarily a defensive player...idk maybe not...but I heard he was being recruited as a LB, so thats why he isnt playing much offense.

Its hard to believe that you watched the same game I did without Hightower on defense HC scores at least 28pts. I do agree that the young man was not used enough on offense but maybe the coach has learned his lesson and if you have a future SEC player you better use it they don't come around every year.