McCallie vs. BA

BLUEMOM

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sides will try to play this game down but it is big, real big. I want speculate on who will win but I will say reading about McCallie provides great beliefs and is it or did potter whole out Chris, bad ankle?

I doubt either team will play it down. Last year's finalists in a rematch, ex-coach coming back to play his old team...not sure it could get much bigger. Should be a great game.

Should be a good game. BA has the advantage in size, but McCallie has more overall speed. I'll go with BA in a close one. McCallie just might want this one more than the Baylor game?

I think McCallie would prefer to beat Baylor for a 10th or 11th year as opposed to beating BA. Ask any inside the McCallie walls when asked about potter and they might just say, "who"? He is not missed much around the big blue walls. Although opinions may differ.

I think both teams will be very well prepared from a scouting standpoint b/c they know eachother so well. Potter is running the same offense at BA that he used at McCallie and I assume McCallie is running something similar to what they did under Potter. I agree that there is no way either side downplays this game. The kids on both teams will understand the significance of this game and emotions will run high. The storyline is incredible. It will be a VERy hyped game! They are playing it at UTC's stadium to help accomodate the large crowd they are expecting.

I think that CJ will be fine after being held out of the game on Friday night.

I think both teams will be very well prepared from a scouting standpoint b/c they know eachother so well. Potter is running the same offense at BA that he used at McCallie and I assume McCallie is running something similar to what they did under Potter. I agree that there is no way either side downplays this game. The kids on both teams will understand the significance of this game and emotions will run high. The storyline is incredible. It will be a VERy hyped game! They are playing it at UTC's stadium to help accomodate the large crowd they are expecting.

I think that CJ will be fine after being held out of the game on Friday night.

Should be a heckuva game. Looking forward to both schools representing themselves very well. BA has the talent to take care of business, but McCallie in Chattanooga is always a tough game; add in the emotion, and who knows what will happen.

Travel safe and send us updates.

Should be a good game. BA has the advantage in size, but McCallie has more overall speed. I'll go with BA in a close one. McCallie just might want this one more than the Baylor game?

Wow, I haven't seen McCallie this year to dispute your speed assessment. However, I will be surprised and disappointed if you are correct. It is the McCallie tenacity and execution that usually gives us fits. If we have to deal with a speed superiority, it could be big trouble for us.

Another great D2 matchup, spiced up with the Potter return to McCallie storyline. Good win for McCallie last week over Franklin. Did it with defense and enough offense when needed to put the game out of reach.

Both teams will gear up to stop the run. McCallie can throw the ball some when necessary; I've not seen BA but that seems to be a problem area. Winning could be dependant solely on Jordan's injured ankle. I think BA ought to be favored as McCallie is relativley inexperienced at the skill positions but McCallie has some players, despite the perception that they win without a lot of talent. I'll take McCallie in an upset 21-14.

Another great D2 matchup, spiced up with the Potter return to McCallie storyline. Good win for McCallie last week over Franklin. Did it with defense and enough offense when needed to put the game out of reach.

Both teams will gear up to stop the run. McCallie can throw the ball some when necessary; I've not seen BA but that seems to be a problem area. Winning could be dependant solely on Jordan's injured ankle. I think BA ought to be favored as McCallie is relativley inexperienced at the skill positions but McCallie has some players, despite the perception that they win without a lot of talent. I'll take McCallie in an upset 21-14.

I was sincerely impressed with McCallie's win over Franklin. Not as much that they beat them, but the decisiveness of the victory. So, I will not muster the guts to predict a BA win. However, I will predict that McCallie will not win on the ground, if they win. Opponents have rushed the ball 34 times this year against BA for -41 yards. McCallie should do better than our other opponents, but I predict several big completions will be necessary to sustain drives. We have been suspect on pass coverage. The pass rush is very good, but the coverage is a little soft.

BA drew closer to solving the passing problem last week. Nelson, who is a sophomore, was 8 for 11 for 85 yards, 2 TD, 0 int. All of this happened without our opponent worrying about Chris Jordan. The improvement was encouraging.

Our big "Ace in the hole" should be McCallie's confusion at our offensive scheme