Wilson Central @ Siegel

wcfinnest09

I know that WC faced a very good MJ team that will def be in the playoffs and came away with a W. Siegel earned some confidence pts taking on a perennial bottom dweller in 5A. The score was low in the MJ/WC game which makes me think that WC had to play a very physical game to win. However, Siegel scoring on the powerhouse called Smyna gets them a few pts too. I will tell you that I hope WC wins b/c I have a fondness for their program. WE have aquired 2 good coaches from there at OHS!!!!

which coaches?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which coaches?

Coach Gary Hannah was the HC of our freshmen. Under him, they had very good seasons... ( beating Riverdale the last 2 yrs is always nice!!). He was recently moved to our varsity defensive staff and his experience and hard work has been most appreciated. Our new HC for freshmen is from WC.......forgot the guy's name but think maybe it is Coach Marks?? Someone help me out. We have over 60 on the freshmen team and his coaching debut was a shut-out of Blackman. We welcome both EX-WC fellows to Oakland .

PS, one of my favorite players was Aaron Scott. Is he playing ball in college anywhere?

big game.... huge game.... I have to go with WC... until the stars can prove they can win in region 4 i just can't pick them.

Same here. While I am impressed they scored on Smyrna, which team did they do it on? I doubt it was the FIRST team starters so it is suspect by me at least. 82cat can play them up all he wants, it does not make anyone afraid of them yet. Same can be said of Smyrna's win over them. Now if Smyrna had shut them out completely I would have been impressed with Smyrna's team more than I am currently. Shut outs intimidate as that means the back ups are as good as the starters. That is where R'dale has had folks by the throat for so long.

Coach Gary Hannah was the HC of our freshmen. Under him, they had very good seasons... ( beating Riverdale the last 2 yrs is always nice!!). He was recently moved to our varsity defensive staff and his experience and hard work has been most appreciated. Our new HC for freshmen is from WC.......forgot the guy's name but think maybe it is Coach Marks?? Someone help me out. We have over 60 on the freshmen team and his coaching debut was a shut-out of Blackman. We welcome both EX-WC fellows to Oakland .

PS, one of my favorite players was Aaron Scott. Is he playing ball in college anywhere?

I believe he went to Cumberland, im not sure if he starts though.

I believe he went to Cumberland, im not sure if he starts though.

yea, he went to cumberland. him and his brother shane both quit after their 1st week along with another kid, ladarian hardy(#5)..they said they werent getting the reps. im not sure what they expected but i kinda wished they would have stuck it out a little longer than that!