Cookeville vs Coffee Co

windysports

haha no 2P he did not pick us to win ... but I'm ready for Friday night. The Cavs are always good and even better this year than last year. Only chance CC has to win is to keep the Cookeville offense off the field...with CC's running game then that could happen

Wingy picked Coffee County by 14(post #7)

He's extending the olive branch....

THE SQUAD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wingy picked Coffee County by 14(post #7)

He's extending the olive branch....

THE SQUAD

That just shows ya even though someone has like 12 million posts on coach t doesnt make them any smarter,cookeville is the favorite in this one no doubt.Could they slip up yes but if both play as well as they can cookeville by 2 touchdowns.

Have you thrown the flag in on CC defense just two games into the year?? i hope not, i know the scores that they have given up look bad, but they are just a few big plays away from being 2 and 0. its along year and i feel good about Coach Sisk fixing problems as the year goes on. you will see a better defense this week than you did last wk.

However you are right if the offense is not on the field it is hard to score, but as we all know, allot of times CC scores fast, that works against us sometimes.

Naw Windy I haven't thrown in the flag on the defense at all. But, if the offense stays on the field then we dont' have to worry about it do we haha. The defensive ends struggle severly to hold containment on the outside and Joslin is not dumb...he will work to get Langford and Salada outside as much as possible. I also wouldnt' be suprised to see him roll Hennigan outside the pocket to give him a run / throw option.

Naw Windy I haven't thrown in the flag on the defense at all. But, if the offense stays on the field then we dont' have to worry about it do we haha. The defensive ends struggle severly to hold containment on the outside and Joslin is not dumb...he will work to get Langford and Salada outside as much as possible. I also wouldnt' be suprised to see him roll Hennigan outside the pocket to give him a run / throw option.

I may be wrong but langford is out and your right about what they will do with hennigan.

Have you thrown the flag in on CC defense just two games into the year?? i hope not, i know the scores that they have given up look bad, but they are just a few big plays away from being 2 and 0. its along year and i feel good about Coach Sisk fixing problems as the year goes on. you will see a better defense this week than you did last wk.

However you are right if the offense is not on the field it is hard to score, but as we all know, allot of times CC scores fast, that works against us sometimes.

Your also very close to being 0-2. . . I agree with sparta boy and that is if both teams play good, Cookeville wins by two td`s. The Cavs just know how to win. They aren't use to losing region games.

I'm not sure what is up with langford but i know he didn't play against White Co. last week.

How can so many people be picking against Cookeville?

Your also very close to being 0-2. . . I agree with sparta boy and that is if both teams play good, Cookeville wins by two td`s. The Cavs just know how to win. They aren't use to losing region games.

I'm not sure what is up with langford but i know he didn't play against White Co. last week.

How can so many people be picking against Cookeville?

I was curious so I checked the Herald Citizen's website...apparantly Langford suffered a knee injury in practice and is having surgery tomorrow? Saya he is expected to return though! That's about all the details that were given.

I didn't want to say anything but no,he didn't play against Sparta.

Appearantly he tore something in his knee last Tuesday.I don't think it was even in practice.Some sort of fluke thing at home or something.

I heard he's had problems in the past that were minor but this time something tore.Maybe cartlidge or something.

They're hopeful he will back full strength by the playoffs.

This is a BIG blow for the Cavs as he was their outside speed.Salada is a very good back but this does take a dimension away from the Cavs offense.

I STILL think Cavs by 2 touchdowns,regardless.Defense is strong & we'll just go with more ball control & Hennigan's arm.

Good luck to Dustin & get well soon.We'll need you for the playoffs!

THE SQUAD

I didn't want to say anything but no,he didn't play against Sparta.

Appearantly he tore something in his knee last Tuesday.I don't think it was even in practice.Some sort of fluke thing at home or something.

I heard he's had problems in the past that were minor but this time something tore.Maybe cartlidge or something.

They're hopeful he will back full strength by the playoffs.

This is a BIG blow for the Cavs as he was their outside speed.Salada is a very good back but this does take a dimension away from the Cavs offense.

I STILL think Cavs by 2 touchdowns,regardless.Defense is strong & we'll just go with more ball control & Hennigan's arm.

Good luck to Dustin & get well soon.We'll need you for the playoffs!

THE SQUAD

If your offensive line will protect hennigan he will pick teams apart,if there is a weakness id say this is it in cookeville.

If your offensive line will protect hennigan he will pick teams apart,if there is a weakness id say this is it in cookeville.

You're right.We're small.We've always been fairly small on the line,aside from a few years here & there.

I've never understood why....

Anyway,I think we'll be okay.

THE SQUAD

You're right.We're small.We've always been fairly small,give or take a few years.

I've never understood why....

Anyway,I think we'll be okay.

THE SQUAD

Yeah wC always has size advantage but a 210-250 lb. kid who pulls and uses the right technique can be affectiv.I see scotty hughes on the sideline as a coach he is tough in the trenches and will work well with the lineman.