Franklin Co. vs. Warren Co.

defensiveman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think with warren co being 2-0 and franklin co. 0-2 that it helps franklin. I believe that warren's kids think they are pretty good and probably wont be as mentally sharp because of it. I think britton will have their attention and kinda take on a wounded animal mentality or backed into a corner mentality and come out mentally sharp and very aggressive. Having said that if warren gets an early lead look for doubt to set in for franklin.

franklin by 8

WC was up 14-0 after 4 offensive plays early in the 1st qrt - but FC "doubt didn't set in". FC played really well - came from behind and had the lead late in the 4th qrt but Garibaldi put in a late FG to put WC up with less than 2 min to play 20-19. FC got the ball back and made it to mid field but couldn't connect. WC mistakes (four turnovers!) kept FC's offence on the field for a whole lot more than WC's offence.

FC was up 19-17 and went for two instead of kicking the extra point (and it failed). That call will be question.

I to was wondering the call. Both teams had a lot of opportunities to score more than they did. Warren will have to work on the penalties and keep the turnovers to a minimum to keep the success going. Hats off to Franklin Co. you played a great game. The wins will come. Question to some of the Franklin Co. fans. Why was Shedd not in the game the first half?

I to was wondering the call. Both teams had a lot of opportunities to score more than they did. Warren will have to work on the penalties and keep the turnovers to a minimum to keep the success going. Hats off to Franklin Co. you played a great game. The wins will come. Question to some of the Franklin Co. fans. Why was Shedd not in the game the first half?

Shedd had hemmoroids and didnt practice all week. Had he been in the whole game, i believe the outcome would have been different

I heard Shedd was hurt and Martin had a bad shoulder and didn't play as much at rb. Good luck to both teams. FC should get a w soon and WC just about clinched a playoff spot.

I was wondering about a call or two by the officials. FC was down 7-14 in the 3rd and scores on a 60+ yard pass. There is a flag during the play - the official the the thing where he pushes both hands straight out so i think its blocking in the back or something like that. They go ahead and give the TD to FC and then assess the 15yard penalty on the extra point - which was blocked giving WC the 1 point edge. I though they were supposed to replay the down? I dont think I've ever seem 'em assess the penalty on the extra point attempt.

Second thing - later in the third WC is up 17-13. FC has a long pass and gets down to about the 8 before he is stopped. After two plays WC then does some substitutions but there is some confusion - a player thinks he is supposed to come out and races to the WC sideline but doesn't make it. WC stops FC but there is (another) flag. To many men on the field - but there were really on 10 WC players on the field not counting the one racing off to the sidelines. Coach Madewell tries to tell the officials he was actually one short but they just point for him to "get back yonder over ther' on the edge with everbody else". I guess WC got a penalty for "not nuff out here".

Love to hear FC play Dixie!

I was wondering about a call or two by the officials. FC was down 7-14 in the 3rd and scores on a 60+ yard pass. There is a flag during the play - the official the the thing where he pushes both hands straight out so i think its blocking in the back or something like that. They go ahead and give the TD to FC and then assess the 15yard penalty on the extra point - which was blocked giving WC the 1 point edge. I though they were supposed to replay the down? I dont think I've ever seem 'em assess the penalty on the extra point attempt.

Second thing - later in the third WC is up 17-13. FC has a long pass and gets down to about the 8 before he is stopped. After two plays WC then does some substitutions but there is some confusion - a player thinks he is supposed to come out and races to the WC sideline but doesn't make it. WC stops FC but there is (another) flag. To many men on the field - but there were really on 10 WC players on the field not counting the one racing off to the sidelines. Coach Madewell tries to tell the officials he was actually one short but they just point for him to "get back yonder over ther' on the edge with everbody else". I guess WC got a penalty for "not nuff out here".

Love to hear FC play Dixie!

On the first penalty they called it a dead ball foul. I thought they were supposed to redo the down on that one as well.

The second I thought that FC wasn't even set when they did a quick snap but oh well.

How weird does this sound Warren Co. is the ONLY undefeated team in region 3-5A. I know people will question the schedule but WC has done what they needed to do.