Knox Area Rankings

easttnref

I was at the Beech/Oakridge game and thought Beech had excellent ball movement and had a purpose with all there passing. Oakridge seemed not to know what to do with the ball. As for tired legs, Beech also played 4 games. Beech was also missing 4 of there starters because of injuries and had 5 starting freshman. No one is giving this team much credit. People may be will be surprised by this team will play this year. It doesn't matter how you do against one team, but how consistent you are. Time will tell if this team is for real and if Oakridge is..

My observation of the Oak Ridge/ Beech contest was that.....Beech played extremely well, in fact as I stated earlier was the dominate team. Those that talk about how many games a team has played in X days fail to realize all the teams played a minimum of 4 games this past weekend. For those that had to travel a long ways, and then out play their opponent are to be respected, and anyone that underestimates their performance are lacking somewhere in their thought process and observations. I agree with your assessment of the game!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My observation of the Oak Ridge/ Beech contest was that.....Beech played extremely well, in fact as I stated earlier was the dominate team. Those that talk about how many games a team has played in X days fail to realize all the teams played a minimum of 4 games this past weekend. For those that had to travel a long ways, and then out play their opponent are to be respected, and anyone that underestimates their performance are lacking somewhere in their thought process and observations. I agree with your assessment of the game!

Beech did play well, but I wouldn't call it a dominating performance. They were outshot by Oak Ridge, and the outcome of the game was very much in doubt until the Oak Ridge goalie mis-handled a back pass and gifted a goal to Beech. Kudos to Beech for the win. They earned it and should be proud. But you make it sound like they ran all over Oak Ridge, and that absolutely did not happen.

Also, did you happen to wonder why Oak Ridge started their 2nd string goalie? Did you happen to notice that they were switching formations? I think the Oak Ridge coach was experimenting, and had more goals in mind than simply winning the game. Houston had already won the tournament by then. Another poster said that Oak Ridge seemed not to know what to do with the ball. Could the coach have been experimenting with positions too?

Beech did play well, but I wouldn't call it a dominating performance. They were outshot by Oak Ridge, and the outcome of the game was very much in doubt until the Oak Ridge goalie mis-handled a back pass and gifted a goal to Beech. Kudos to Beech for the win. They earned it and should be proud. But you make it sound like they ran all over Oak Ridge, and that absolutely did not happen.

Also, did you happen to wonder why Oak Ridge started their 2nd string goalie? Did you happen to notice that they were switching formations? I think the Oak Ridge coach was experimenting, and had more goals in mind than simply winning the game. Houston had already won the tournament by then. Another poster said that Oak Ridge seemed not to know what to do with the ball. Could the coach have been experimenting with positions too?

I don't think the Oak Ridge coach was experimenting you do that in the pre-season not in your own tournament where you have already tied two games. You don't help the morale of the team. And if he was trying players in different spots then say that is why you had problems. Not that they had no legs. Win humbly and lose humbly. Oak Ridge is a good team but not as good as some think. How do you move up in rankings when you win one game and tie two and lose one..

I don't think the Oak Ridge coach was experimenting you do that in the pre-season not in your own tournament where you have already tied two games.

Maybe he was, maybe not. I was just speculating because of the goalie change and the formation changes.

You don't help the morale of the team. And if he was trying players in different spots then say that is why you had problems. Not that they had no legs.

I never said that Oak Ridge was tired. I gave credit to Beech and speculated on Oak Ridge's changes. Oak Ridge had nothing to gain by winning against Beech other than pride. Houston had already won their 4th game earlier that day and locked up the tournament.

Win humbly and lose humbly. Oak Ridge is a good team but not as good as some think. How do you move up in rankings when you win one game and tie two and lose one..

I did not see the game, but I heard they looked pretty decent vs. Collierville the night before.

You don't win anything by being ranked higher or lower. It's all about winning the last game of the season. Some coaches put a lot of emphasis on winning every single game, and some are focused further down the road, taking opportunities to improve their team even if it means risking an early season loss.

Maybe he was, maybe not. I was just speculating because of the goalie change and the formation changes.

I never said that Oak Ridge was tired. I gave credit to Beech and speculated on Oak Ridge's changes. Oak Ridge had nothing to gain by winning against Beech other than pride. Houston had already won their 4th game earlier that day and locked up the tournament.

I did not see the game, but I heard they looked pretty decent vs. Collierville the night before.

You don't win anything by being ranked higher or lower. It's all about winning the last game of the season. Some coaches put a lot of emphasis on winning every single game, and some are focused further down the road, taking opportunities to improve their team even if it means risking an early season loss.

Very well stated, Bobrob.

intersting info for mustcoach and transam guess what last night the "powerhouse" (pretty sure that is how mustcoach put it) Sequoyah defeated South Doyle 4-1 if i remember correctly powell tied south doyle but it was the worst officiated game ever so says transam anyway congrats to you young ladies and keep up the good work

intersting info for mustcoach and transam guess what last night the "powerhouse" (pretty sure that is how mustcoach put it) Sequoya defeated South Doyle 4-1 if i remember correctly powell tied south doyle but it was the worst officiated game ever so says transam anyway congrats to you young ladies and keep up the good work

Doesn't matter what anyone elses opinion is, everyone is entitled to their own. I will not make excuses for our game against South Doyle, never said anything about Sequoya and haven't even seen them play. Congrats to them for their win. For the record, I never said Powell should be ranked in the first place, on this boards rankings. I am trying to follow Bigs comments about not putting any negative opinions on here, and it would be appreciated if those on their Ivory Thrones would also

Doesn't matter what anyone elses opinion is, everyone is entitled to their own. I will not make excuses for our game against South Doyle, never said anything about Sequoya and haven't even seen them play. Congrats to them for their win. For the record, I never said Powell should be ranked in the first place, on this boards rankings. I am trying to follow Bigs comments about not putting any negative opinions on here, and it would be appreciated if those on their Ivory Thrones would also

Thank you very much ws6transam...

You bring up a very good point called "baiting" another poster. Please refrain from baiting someone with something you know is going to get them going. (refer to rule: While all opinions are welcome, we do not tolerate mean-spirited, antagonistic, flame baiting posts. We only accept civilized, polite, friendly discourse. If you cannot live by this rule, do not post. Don't buy into the flame bait that some members may post. You may be drawn into a "flame war" and we do not tolerate it. Report any potential rule violations to us, and resist replying.

Be Private: If you have any concerns or criticism on how we operate these message boards, do NOT post your query on the site. Send us an email and we'll explain any issue you have. If you decide to publicly show your ignorance on the board, you only make a fool of yourself, before we can explain and correct any misperception you may have of our operation and rules.)

intersting info for mustcoach and transam guess what last night the "powerhouse" (pretty sure that is how mustcoach put it) Sequoyah defeated South Doyle 4-1 if i remember correctly powell tied south doyle but it was the worst officiated game ever so says transam anyway congrats to you young ladies and keep up the good work

not trying to "bait" anyone, thats for you g, but I want to ask wbcssoccerstud11 if he coaches at seymour or is just a fan? I am being completely honest. I have wondered for a long time but am not sure. I coach at alcoa, if anyone was wondering. Also, I have heard some good things about seymour this year from some club coaches who work with their girls. Glad to see the program remain strong even if we compete, I just wish we could get our girls to start working with some club programs, my biggest headache ever. Why play softball or run track? Footy is where it is at!!! Aha, I rhymed. Good luck to everyone.

Why play softball or run track? Footy is where it is at!!! Aha, I rhymed. Good luck to everyone.

Actually, that DIDN'T rhyme. (It's a good thing you are a better coach than you are a poet.) How's THAT for bait! Give me a holler to set something up for this spring, by the way. Oh... on a guys side note, Jackson said he got to play against Blaise last week! (King college)

not trying to "bait" anyone, thats for you g, but I want to ask wbcssoccerstud11 if he coaches at seymour or is just a fan? I am being completely honest. I have wondered for a long time but am not sure. I coach at alcoa, if anyone was wondering. Also, I have heard some good things about seymour this year from some club coaches who work with their girls. Glad to see the program remain strong even if we compete, I just wish we could get our girls to start working with some club programs, my biggest headache ever. Why play softball or run track? Footy is where it is at!!! Aha, I rhymed. Good luck to everyone.

nope i just coach young one's in the area too old for highschool kids