Mckenzie vs. Bruceton

pizzaman1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only about 2 hours and 45 mins till game game ... Cant wait!! Don't think I'm gonna go to the game tonight though, It's rainin so hard here you can't see across the street.

Come on now, don't pull the plug yet. I'm 59 y.o. and have a respiratory problem and I haven't given up yet!!! But, it isn't looking good here for sure!!

Come on now, don't pull the plug yet. I'm 59 y.o. and have a respiratory problem and I haven't given up yet!!! But, it isn't looking good here for sure!!

Oh no, not at all ... It just don't look like its gonna quit any time soon ... But I know if I don't go I'll be listening to it with Larry Joe and posting updates in the "Game Night Scores" thread as the game progresses.

Duckman, I just saw your post on the other thread ... It's on 104.7 FM ... They play on an AM station as well but I'm not sure which station it is.

Oh no, not at all ... It just don't look like its gonna quit any time soon ... But I know if I don't go I'll be listening to it with Larry Joe and posting updates in the "Game Night Scores" thread as the game progresses.

Duckman, I just saw your post on the other thread ... It's on 104.7 FM ... They play on an AM station as well but I'm not sure which station it is.

Well, I went on to the game and glad it was a nice night out in Bruceton. NO rain!!! Cool. Great night for football!! The Rebels pitched another shutout tonight. At this time we are a combined 77-0 winner!! Not too shabby for a team that only throws bombs and no running game according to some "exerts"!!!!! I don't predict game scores before the games simply because I don't want to incite the natives. That's what we have Butchie for. Also, I haven't found a sauce yet that will make crow edible!!!! Garlic doesn't even help!!!

The Rebels showed a ton of team speed tonight and also a very balanced attack offensively. We even threw only a couple of "bombs" Mr. Patriot Pride!!!!! Short passes and "HARD" running mostly from Tyler Moore (he showed me a ton of tough tonight---5'6" and 196 lb. and quick as a cat.) BUT, I won't brag on any one Rebel tonight. The entire team was awsome. Our overall team speed is amazing.

Well done Rebels!!!

I will give one thumbs up to Quinton Bowden. A soph. that really showed his stuff tonight. (and our guys up front on both sides of the ball took care of business quite well too, that includes ya'll linebackers!!!!!)

all you rebels fans have forgotten one thing. Derek carr does only one thing in big games and that is complete as many balls to the other team as he does his own... look back when yall needed them the most he threw an interception and he will do the same tonight. Bruceton wins 42- 21

I'm not sure just exactly what your interest in this game was OR why you seem to have such a dislike for Carr. He did struggle down the stretch last season in the playoffs but, that is history now. Pick yourself up a Jackson Sun tomorrow and read all about how he "choked in the big one" tonight!!!!!. The one thing that the Sun won't tell you is that prolly 90 % of his completions were inside of 15 yards.

I'm not predicting squat at this time but, this has the look of one of the best squads I may have seen in McKenzie in quite a few years (the 1973 team might have given this bunch a fit?) and none of those years were we in class A!!

Have a great weekend!

PS----don't think Carr threw anything close to a pic all night either as best I remember!!!! oops!

I'm not sure just exactly what your interest in this game was OR why you seem to have such a dislike for Carr. He did struggle down the stretch last season in the playoffs but, that is history now. Pick yourself up a Jackson Sun tomorrow and read all about how he "choked in the big one" tonight!!!!!. The one thing that the Sun won't tell you is that prolly 90 % of his completions were inside of 15 yards.

I'm not predicting squat at this time but, this has the look of one of the best squads I may have seen in McKenzie in quite a few years (the 1973 team might have given this bunch a fit?) and none of those years were we in class A!!

Have a great weekend!

PS----don't think Carr threw anything close to a pic all night either as best I remember!!!! oops!

Hold up on those "best team" comparisons.....Dresden is awful and Bruceton is not near what people have been hyping them to be....Now if you beat up on Trenton the way you did in the first two games,maybe....Shut out Kendall Harper,then you have something......

Hold up on those "best team" comparisons.....Dresden is awful and Bruceton is not near what people have been hyping them to be....Now if you beat up on Trenton the way you did in the first two games,maybe....Shut out Kendall Harper,then you have something......

You're right..Really can't compare scores..And I kind of did it on another post with McKenzie and U.C...Lake Co is having trouble stopping the running game and maybe with the Rebels,we won't have to worry as much about the running game..so like you said..different kind of a game..Who knows what may happen..Congrats to U.C.