How Bad Will Lake County Pummel Union City?

Themightymac

The mightymac,I did not say anything about the coaching in last night's game.You have me confused with lcfalconfever. LC had 6 turnovers last night 3 fumbles and 3 int's. LC actually fumbled 6 times and lost 3. Coaching is not the problem. Yes, we should have run Bogan more.Bigster,although you are correct about the defense arm tackling for the most part, you have to agree they were put in a bad situation last night by the offense turning the ball over.Everybody is getting down on the falcons but people need to remember they are a young team with a new coach. The falcons will get better and they will be a decent team by the end of the year.

I'm still a fan, it's them dang tornadoes that have me twisted. Son of a ................

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about worst UC team...The 2-8 and 3-7 teams a few years back were bad...

And in the QB's defense,he was having to scramble all over...His line was getting beat...The kid is tough..To be a soph and take the pounding he did and get up every time shows something..He's prolly 15 give him a break...

Weren't those records against quality 2A teams. I saw those teams a couple of times. They were better than this one.

The mightymac,I did not say anything about the coaching in last night's game.You have me confused with lcfalconfever. LC had 6 turnovers last night 3 fumbles and 3 int's. LC actually fumbled 6 times and lost 3. Coaching is not the problem. Yes, we should have run Bogan more.Bigster,although you are correct about the defense arm tackling for the most part, you have to agree they were put in a bad situation last night by the offense turning the ball over.Everybody is getting down on the falcons but people need to remember they are a young team with a new coach. The falcons will get better and they will be a decent team by the end of the year.

My sincerest appologies for the misquote.

Ucdiditagain:

First let me say that I have come to respect your opinion. You jab with the best of them and in no way do I count myself among them (not that it will keep me from having an opinion )

So, I can't disagree with anything you said.

But I do have a few questions if you have time.

I do not understand how friday nights mistakes were conditioning mistakes.

The 3 interceptions weren't even close to recievers. And the QB fumbles the ball twice himself.

I certainly am not talking bad about him. I think he does a great job doing what he does playing defence, QB and kicking as a sophomore. Things just are what they are.

I guess my question is, aside from the issues with the quarterback, how could coach have stopped the other three fumbles? Is that the conditioning spoken of earlier?

i don't remember us having a fumbling problem against Trenton or Fulton County though I might be mistaken.

I never was a Barger fan, I liked him but didn't worship him. I don't understand what people have against Coach P.

Not that that has anything to do with you...

I don't understand the "we didn't do it that way before" mentality.

Thanks

My sincerest appologies for the misquote.

Ucdiditagain:

First let me say that I have come to respect your opinion. You jab with the best of them and in no way do I count myself among them (not that it will keep me from having an opinion )

So, I can't disagree with anything you said.

But I do have a few questions if you have time.

I do not understand how friday nights mistakes were conditioning mistakes.

The 3 interceptions weren't even close to recievers. And the QB fumbles the ball twice himself.

I certainly am not talking bad about him. I think he does a great job doing what he does playing defence, QB and kicking as a sophomore. Things just are what they are.

I guess my question is, aside from the issues with the quarterback, how could coach have stopped the other three fumbles? Is that the conditioning spoken of earlier?

i don't remember us having a fumbling problem against Trenton or Fulton County though I might be mistaken.

I never was a Barger fan, I liked him but didn't worship him. I don't understand what people have against Coach P.

Not that that has anything to do with you...

I don't understand the "we didn't do it that way before" mentality.

Thanks

Look at it this way, every game played each Friday night always or let me say usually has a team that can't hold on to the football, throws the ball on routs that were run wrong, bad snaps etc....Now as for a coach if these thing happen more than once in that game or the same thing repeats itself, the coach should be the person to see what might be happeniong and make those adjustments. For example, if a fumble occurs, this could be caused by many things. Lots of time it is a kid ( and we are dealing with kids here 15, 16, 17 and some 18 year old ) that might be carring the ball with one hand in heavy traffic and not protecting the ball. This is when the caoch tells him otherwise.

As for conditoning: The major key to how your game or games will play out. For example, if you take two teams: one practices two-a-days for two ( 2 ) weeks and the other team only practices once per day but longer practices, the team that has the two-a-days will be better condtioned on a general basis.

I guess what I am trying to say when anyone of us in our jobs, school work, ball practice etc. starts to get tired, usually our minds are the first to go.....more mistakes made, carelessness easier found, not as sharp and so on. So once your mind get tired and or you body get tired the other will follow.

Union City has never been a team that is under conditioned. Yes, our team make more than their share of mistakes in any game whether it is the first game or last game of the year. Just like in the Westview game, we KILLED ourselves with delay of game penalties, something Union City has year afteryear at the beginning of the season but we also make adjustments. If balls are over thrown then you make different adjustments during the game and fix them in practice same thing if someone ( the same person ) fumbles alot.

You also make mistakes as a young QB when you have someone in your face...It looked to me that UC's players were instructed to put as much pressure on him as possible....He was hit on probably 85% of the plays.....You get gun-shy after a while and start throwing the ball quicker or turning,trying to brace for the hit....I thought that UC was more physical than in recent years...Now,it might have been after LC had gotten 8-10 yards down the field,but when UC did make the tackle they made good hits....When UC starts making the play at the line of scrimmage they will have a god defense....I thought UC was better this week than in Week 1...Of course the competition was much different,but they made corrections in their game management...They got the plays to the QB quicker and they got their plays off in time....I thought they ran the ball much better and White would have had maybe three TD passes had he not overthrown Huff twice and I think Nicks once...But those are correctable too and I'm sure the coaching staff will work on that because they were great play calls,we just didn't execute....The goal is to just get better,have a good game against Dresden and see what we can do against McKenzie....You always want to play your first playoff game at home and we could go a long way towards that with a win in McKenzie.....But Dresden first....

Awe you've gona and done it now. A win against us would be huge for your lil whirlwinds. But you must be puffing the grean leafy if you thinking there might be a possibility. Mckenzie is so balanced you could use us for a scale.

But you won't get the chance cause we will be using you for a stepping stone to another Region Championship.

Awe you've gona and done it now. A win against would be huge for your lil whirlwinds. But you must be puffing the grean leafy if you thinking there might be a possibility. Mckenzie is so balanced you could use us for a scale.

But you won't get the chance cause we will be using you for a stepping stone to another Region Championship.

Puff,Puff....Pass

LC...I'm a little disappointed but still believe everything's going to be ok...Just one of those games that snowballed on offense..Doubt very seriously that we'll have that many turnovers again..And move the ball as well as we did and not score hardly..Plus..everyone is having to play both ways and play about every down...I wasn't really expecting a whole lot this year..The U.C. game was terrible ..but I believe L.C. has played about like I expected overall..maybe a little better!