Best First Basmen in Middle TN..

LadyPat27

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SprtsLvr

I remember seeing Oakland High School's first baseman, Michelle Ayers, at the Spring Fling this past week and she's very good! She makes plays when they need to be made and she's a very strong player, I haven't seen many other high school girls willing to do the splits for their team..Michelle Ayers has my vote!

• 4 months later...

IMHO, is Brittany Herald of Ezell Harding. I know she pitches most of the time, but she is excellant at first base. Good glove and a tall target for the infielders! Played a great first base playing Gold ball this past summer!

Before you start putting down those teams who chose to play in the NSA nationals versus ASA you might want to know that in 16U the Miami Minicanes came in 3rd in the NSA and 5th in the ASA. While the perception is that ASA is heads and shoulders over NSA in competition, the reality is not necessarily the same.

For another example, in the final national rankings, the Minicanes ranked 6th while the Mattoon Pride who beat the 'Canes twice to finish 2nd in the NSA were ranked 30th. Hmm... :)

[Edited by slr52 on 11-5-02 10:13A]

I think the teams mentioned are all pretty good. There are alot of good teams & good players in Tennessee. I think we should keep building up the image of Tennessee players & teams cause they work hard for all they get. BUT, I DO NOT think we should be putting players down on this board. This forum should not be used to bash other players, they do have feelings, they have a brother/sister, mom/dad just like we do.

SLR52 mentions some good points about ASA vs NSA. Sometimes its really hard to judge overall because the location of the tournament or the date of the tournament has alot to do with who goes there. We have played them both several times & they all have good teams that compete for national titles.

PS> BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO TIFF B. Good Luck at GT.