ELIZABETHTON FOOTBALL

clonekid

Same ole same ole. It takes 3-4 years just to rebuild the Cyclones just in the strength department. Some of the backs was outliftin the linemen last season and the year before. That says alot! The linemen aint' mean they are softies. It takes time working with the young guys to change that thinkin. the QB is a pocket passer not a runner so how can u stay in the pocket and only have 3-4 secs and on top of that ur best WR don't want the ball if he's gona get hit. Your backs don't want to run inside (tween the tackles) cause they take a beatin. Ain't no cure but time but u can't throw it on the QBs shoulder. I gotta point to the line. Same story as last year and the year before. Everybody got all hyped up about 88 & 77 but they are no shows. Good luck to 10 & 80. Toughest dudes on the team! THE BADDEST!

Are you serious??? You're actually saying that #77 is a no show??? You must be on some good drugs, especially during the games. Ellis is one of the few that the opposing team doesn't want to come up against. Have you noticed when he is playing defense the offensive line double or even triple teams him? Have you noticed also that the opposing team will run the ball away from him? Have you noticed when Elizabethton runs the ball to his side they usually gain yardage? Saying he's a no show is absolutely ridiculous!

I do agree we can't throw it all on the QB's shoulders. He's made good improvements since the loss to Science Hill. If he continues to gain confidence and to start looking for more than one receiver, he will become a quarterback who can help lead the team.

Elizabethton is a little weak this year but, not because of a lack of heart or desire to win. Go Cyclones!

See you in the funny papers!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EHS is just down and it will take a few years to get out of the hole that has been dugged for the past 7 years. EHS also have the worst fans in the area. Sure they show up at the games but 95% of them are there for a social event. They just set their and never show any support. More real fans set on the visitors side and they get a little vocal. They should revolk some of the season tickets because there is more life at Tetricks than in some of the home side seats on Friday nights.

Are you serious??? You're actually saying that #77 is a no show??? You must be on some good drugs, especially during the games. Ellis is one of the few that the opposing team doesn't want to come up against. Have you noticed when he is playing defense the offensive line double or even triple teams him? Have you noticed also that the opposing team will run the ball away from him? Have you noticed when Elizabethton runs the ball to his side they usually gain yardage? Saying he's a no show is absolutely ridiculous!

I do agree we can't throw it all on the QB's shoulders. He's made good improvements since the loss to Science Hill. If he continues to gain confidence and to start looking for more than one receiver, he will become a quarterback who can help lead the team.

Elizabethton is a little weak this year but, not because of a lack of heart or desire to win. Go Cyclones!

See you in the funny papers!

That isn't me glee

That isn't me glee

??

I have only seen Eliz once this season but I do know this, Wes Anderson is one of the best competitors on the field, barr none. Given time, he will make something happen. Derrick Carr is a fine RB and ole Wendall Loving will go to 'bat' against anyone on the field. I'd run behind Jesse and his side of the line, which includes Ellis, anytime. They showed maturity vs HV that they didn't posess last season. They have several fine players but a 'quick fix' isn't in the cards. The Cyclones need time and will improve from game to game. I can't say much about last year because there were several problems but I do believe the people are in place to turn the show around. Good luck!!

GO CYCLONES!

There is a lot that needs fixin. It ain't going to be fixed fast. We forget that these kids whole high school career

has been turmoil and conflict. Mostly over one mans fight for justice and truth. Some of it seemed very right

at the time, but as time has went on they all, coaches that are now in charge and admin. that are running

the show forgot about one small but oh so important thing, THE KIDS!!!! The previous staff destroyed the heart

of these 15,16,17,and 18 yr. olds they hurt them very badly. They destroyed there pride in EHS which has

been seen on the football field and BB courts. Now these folks are running the show. I guess they will

finish what they started. So any one who is mad about things said on this board should blame these fine men in the community. They are the real bad guys, the kids are the victims. Cyclones play for your team and yourselves.

Have pride in you and the guy beside you in Orange and Black. Forget about the other crap!! Wes is not the fastest

kid around, but he has some things you can't coach. He's a leader, he is very smart, he is a very fine young man

He can do the job that needs done, Wes if you read all this crap forget about what some say go play and believe

in yourself and your team. Talent will lose to desire most of the time. Be Cyclones be proud of the.

ORANGE & BLACK

Play like every down may be the last you ever play and if you LOVE the GAME and your TEAM it will show.

Play for Coach W he knows what it takes, do what he says, he will lead you to bigger and better things.

77 has had some attitude problems in the past and I hope he is a better teammate, but he is playing well

for the CYCLONES. They need to look at there personal and find folks that want to be on the field.

Ones that really want it, not ones that say they want it our defense is not good, or defensive line has

been good compared to the rest of the defense. LB and DB are jumper oner's no one wants to hit.

Offense the FB, is a major area of concern seems to not want to hit anyone. I only wish these young men

could be fixed fast, but they can't because a bunch of adults decided to put there own interests above the KIDS

and it is and has been showing for several years. Why do you thing attendance has went down at the

high school.

GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THIS SEASON. Boys and people don't be so sensitive about things said here

most of these folks do support you and a lot care about you. Because they point out bad things to you

does not mean they are trying to tear you down. It is a community's disappointment not with you'all

mainly with the adults. EHS CYCLONE football is beloved and emotions run strong. This group is not our

best, but they are out there putting themselves on the line every friday. In COWTOWN we slaughter

our own unless you are part of a very select group which most of us are not privileged to belong to,

but remember you can make of it what you want it to be, so make the best of it. Remember you are

CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any one that thinks that this year would be a championship year was only kidding their selves. These kids are going to have to be taught to play the game to win just not play to lose. Stick with this ship and you will see a difference as the year goes on. They have improved week after week. As for the fans that are "saturday morning coaches" try bragging on the positives and not the negetatives. You will find out that you can win more flies with honey than with vineager.

Any one that thinks that this year would be a championship year was only kidding their selves. These kids are going to have to be taught to play the game to win just not play to lose. Stick with this ship and you will see a difference as the year goes on. They have improved week after week. As for the fans that are "saturday morning coaches" try bragging on the positives and not the negetatives. You will find out that you can win more flies with honey than with vineager.

I dont recall anyone mentioning a championship, but everyone did expext a little more!!!!!!

There is a lot that needs fixin. It ain't going to be fixed fast. We forget that these kids whole high school career

has been turmoil and conflict. Mostly over one mans fight for justice and truth. Some of it seemed very right

at the time, but as time has went on they all, coaches that are now in charge and admin. that are running

the show forgot about one small but oh so important thing, THE KIDS!!!! The previous staff destroyed the heart

of these 15,16,17,and 18 yr. olds they hurt them very badly. They destroyed there pride in EHS which has

been seen on the football field and BB courts. Now these folks are running the show. I guess they will

finish what they started. So any one who is mad about things said on this board should blame these fine men in the community. They are the real bad guys, the kids are the victims. Cyclones play for your team and yourselves.

Have pride in you and the guy beside you in Orange and Black. Forget about the other crap!! Wes is not the fastest

kid around, but he has some things you can't coach. He's a leader, he is very smart, he is a very fine young man

He can do the job that needs done, Wes if you read all this crap forget about what some say go play and believe

in yourself and your team. Talent will lose to desire most of the time. Be Cyclones be proud of the.

ORANGE & BLACK

Play like every down may be the last you ever play and if you LOVE the GAME and your TEAM it will show.

Play for Coach W he knows what it takes, do what he says, he will lead you to bigger and better things.

77 has had some attitude problems in the past and I hope he is a better teammate, but he is playing well

for the CYCLONES. They need to look at there personal and find folks that want to be on the field.

Ones that really want it, not ones that say they want it our defense is not good, or defensive line has

been good compared to the rest of the defense. LB and DB are jumper oner's no one wants to hit.

Offense the FB, is a major area of concern seems to not want to hit anyone. I only wish these young men

could be fixed fast, but they can't because a bunch of adults decided to put there own interests above the KIDS

and it is and has been showing for several years. Why do you thing attendance has went down at the

high school.

GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THIS SEASON. Boys and people don't be so sensitive about things said here

most of these folks do support you and a lot care about you. Because they point out bad things to you

does not mean they are trying to tear you down. It is a community's disappointment not with you'all

mainly with the adults. EHS CYCLONE football is beloved and emotions run strong. This group is not our

best, but they are out there putting themselves on the line every friday. In COWTOWN we slaughter

our own unless you are part of a very select group which most of us are not privileged to belong to,

but remember you can make of it what you want it to be, so make the best of it. Remember you are

CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK CYCLONES!