Kingston @ Rockwood

wpasi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kingston has more speed, size and power... You people saying this stuff need to open your eyes and watch a little more football. For some reason, it dont matter what the tigers do they will always be smaller, slower and weaker than kingston. Well come friday night the tigers will be out to prove a point. I was a senior on the team that beat kingston in kingston and we was told that year we couldn't win either.

I played in that game (I was a junior at the time), and with all do respect, that was one of the worst teams to come through Kingston during the 90's. It was also one of the best teams that Rockwood ever fielded, so you should have won that one. It would be hard to say that one team in this rivalry had more heart than the other, since it's such a highly contested game. I do remember the next year people many thought Rockwood would win, but we handed them a 38-7 defeat. Anyway, it should be a good game (like usual) and I hate I have to miss it. Kingston is used to winning in this series (how many times have we lost since 1992, twice?) and I think that will play to their advantage. I guess we'll see tomorrow night

We wonder why Rockwoods players are always injured.. Because they are beating each other up in practice I just so happen to be driving by today and saw that 2 kids was going at it.. It looked good I almost stopped to watch.. Rockwood stop fighting rockwood will win Rockwood continue fighting Rockwood will win no way out kingston.. will be a Good game though

tough loss tonight for the hometeam. You can't give a team the gift of 3 touchdowns and come out on top. Should have been Rockwood 18-Kingston 7. I really believe boys that the tigers were the better team but mistakes cost them. Everyone in the stands knew the first play from scrimmage tonight for the tigers was going to be a handoff to #44 to run up the middle. Come on coach I know he is a great player but when the whole opposing team knows what the play is going to be and the line does very little blocking then even superman doesn't have a chance. Be creative!! How about suprising everyone and maybe open up with a long pass or something unexpected. I'm not a coach but do something different!! I don't know what on earth Brazeale was thinking on his little pitchout to nobody or whatever it was suppose to be to give Kingston a touchdown.MISTAKES,MISTAKES,MISTAKES !!!! I was very disappointed in the lack of class that Brazeale showed after he threw his last interception. The coaches need to have a long talk with this young man on how to act. Put this game behind you and get ready for the rest of your games. You have a team that could go a long way in the always tough region 2AA. Hold your head high keep playing tough.You still have a great year ahead of you!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

I didn't see what Zach did after the last interception, but Coach Webb did and I know for a fact that he chewed him a new one and he will be punished further.

As for the game, I thought it was tremendous. Rockwood could have given up when Kingston scored to make it 21-11 but they didn't and that showed a lot of heart. You also have to congratulate Kingston for breaking up the one pass at the goal line and then coming up with two interceptions in the final 90 seconds.

Both teams can build off this and I believe they will. I just wish they both were in a little bit of an easier region.

Rockwood played hard, showed heart, and made mistakes.. Kingston played hard, showed heart, capitolized off Rockwoods mistakes.. when I was on the fence I could hear a couple of Rockwood players (44,6,10,3,24) trying to get there team up after everything that could go wrong did.. It seemed as if the other players couldnt get up.. I think this hurt them a little bit.. Playing with no enthusiasm will hurt any team.. Although when Rockwoods crowd was into it the whole team was into it.. This was a great game to watch. good luck to both teams on making it to the play offs.. P.S. what was number (1) thinking.. he showed no class he needs to grow up.. Coach should deal with him make sure that will never happen again

ROCKWOOD FANS GET USED TO IT!

Rockwood will never be better than a middle of the road team with Webb at the helm. 44 up the middle on the first play is automatic! Quit your belly aching! You know thats how it is going to be! Why Webb thinks running up the middle on the first play of the game is going to surprise anyone is beyond me. But thats how its going to be. Accept it and shut up! Rockwood fans need to get used to inferior Kingston teams dominating you year in and year out because of these reasons:

1) This is the poorest coached team in the state. They have a player that has played line all his life trying to play wingback (and doing an ok job). BUT, their line is the worst in the state and he could make it 100% better. Instead, they have a bunch of smaller weaklings that cant block their grandmothers allowing defensive players a free pass right into the backfield! In all my years of playing and watching football I have never seen a team that had bigger running backs than lineman. But Webb and his brain trust have decided that putting lineman at running back and running backs in the line is the way to go. (I wonder if Maryville and Alcoa do it that way?) Last year they took a 3 yr starter at tight end (who was among the best around) and moved him to wingback making them the only team in the state with a 6'4 wingback! No one has a clue why to this day.

2) Blocking and tackling is a joke. The line cant block for the running game or the passing game. But maybe even worse than their blocking is the tackling. Sweetwater ran thru them the entire second half and Kingston ran thru them the entire game. Just one missed tackle after another! Football is not rocket science. Execute the basics and the game gets much simpler to play. I'm not sure they know the basics.

3) Rockwood's old school philosophy of 3 yards and a cloud of dust went out back in the 70's but obviously he and his staff havent figured that out yet. They think that running 44 up the middle is a miracle play that no one knows about or expects! Imagine how shocked they must be when it repeatedly got stuffed last night!

4) These coaches have no idea how to coach the passing game. They can't teach lineman how to pass protect or receivers how to run routes. Their pass plays are a joke. Anyone that knows football knows that a bootleg pass is the most difficult pass to make, yet 90% of Rockwoods passes are bootlegs with the qb running to the sideline and 2 or 3 receivers running to the sideline with him. They all bunch up in a small space together with all the defensive players that are guarding them and then try to throw the ball to one of them! And why do they roll a left handed qb to the right and make him throw against his body? Isnt it difficult enough to pass while rolling out on the run with unblocked rushers and blitzers coming thru untouched? (AH, the wonders of the tiger offense!!! )

5) Their lack of knowledge of the passing game affects the defense as well. Since the coaches cant teach the passing game, they cant figure out how to defend it either. Teams that spread the ball out and pass move at ease against this team. They dont know how to stop a passing attack. Wait till CAK and any other passing team comes to town. Last year Harriman spread them out and rolled all over them (thank goodness Harrimans defense was so bad that they couldnt stop the tigers or Harriman would have won the game). Rockwood will never stop a spread attack or anybody that passes. Kingston, which is anything but a passing team, caught them last night with a huge reception on a 2nd and 15 when for some reason Rockwood didnt seem to be thinking that a pass might be called. I guess they thought 44 up the middle might be a more likely call in that situation! (Unfortunately, the jackets didnt have a 44 in the backfield to give it to.)

6) And one cant miss Webbs class when it comes to discipling a player that has made a mistake. Numerous times he was in the face of players embarassing them in front of their teammates, fans, opponents, and visiting fans. In fact he has done it all year! Nothing like having your coach running out on the field pointing his finger in your face and yelling at you at the top of his lungs all the way to the sideline to make you play better. The players know they screwed up and having your coach calling attention to it in front of several thousand people really helps. NOT!! At least 3, maybe 4 times last night he did that and has done it all year. There is difference between correcting mistakes and embarassing a player! What a great motivator! If a coach can't keep his cool under pressure and in tight situations how can he expect a teenager to that is playing in the heat of battle and runs a wrong route or lines up wrong or whatever? What kind of example is he setting for these young men? Al McGuire, the great basketball coach. once remarked "players are an extension of the coaches personality, which means in my case, my teams must have been obnoxious". If the coach cant keep his cool under fire, then why should he expect the players to?

These are not new things. They have gone on for years. Tiger fans should stop their whining in the stands and on these boards. You get what you ask for. The rest of the region and Kingston fans as well, thank you for allowing them to win each year by giving them W's where normally they should have gone home with L's.

Rockwood played hard, showed heart, and made mistakes.. Kingston played hard, showed heart, capitolized off Rockwoods mistakes.. when I was on the fence I could hear a couple of Rockwood players (44,6,10,3,24) trying to get there team up after everything that could go wrong did.. It seemed as if the other players couldnt get up.. I think this hurt them a little bit.. Playing with no enthusiasm will hurt any team.. Although when Rockwoods crowd was into it the whole team was into it.. This was a great game to watch. good luck to both teams on making it to the play offs.. P.S. what was number (1) thinking.. he showed no class he needs to grow up.. Coach should deal with him make sure that will never happen again

I dont condone what was done by #1 but was i the only that heard kington student section chanting bullsh**?