Bruceton-Hollow Rock at Huntington - The Carroll County Tear Drop Bowl

Guest Advisor

It's all in fun, my brotha

We had our fun last week with the Bruceton fans. Now that the deal is done, have some respect for our most recent opponents. They gave it all they had and that is that. No need to try to humiliate or incite them now!! We all like to have fun but, sometimes smack talk is repaid in a very unpleasant way when in a few years we might be rebuilding and take some poundings because of it. Let the Tigers rest man.

As for Friday night, who knows. I think Bruceton has the most incentive but (no pun intended--well maybe!?) I think Huntingdon has too much horsepower for the Tigers. I guess that many have forgotten that it hasn't been all that far back when Dyer Co. was a top notch team every season. True, it's taken them a while to get back on track but, looks like they just might be coming back now?????

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigRedTigerTown,

Actually, I came to this thread to see what the talk was on the upcoming Mustang/Tiger matchup. (By the way, that is Class A vs. Class AA so I'm legal here!!!) What I found when I got here is another matter. When I got here, I found a bashing going on of two of our county neighbors and now it would seem that the Rebels are included in the thing. I don't know how the Mustangs will do overall this season but, I know it won't end up being their worst by any means. They WILL be in the playoffs! So will Bruceton!! I kinda think the Rebels might sneak in there too!!

It's a Carroll Co. thing.

Both Huntingdon and Bruceton have a lot of football tradition. If one kicks them when they are down they will remember it and will repay it when they aren't down. I think that our Rebels have earned a bit of respect in that regard as well. The Rebels have been kicked when we were down and we haven't forgotten it. Not too sure we would repay it when we are back up----yeah, we probably will.

MOST of us Rebel fans operate on the 26 hour rule. We have 2 hours and all day Saturday to celebrate and brag on the Rebels, then it's all about next week. After the 26 hour rule, the thoughts are on our next opponent, other region games and other county games. Simple concept really.

Beyond that, this thread is pretty much useless.

Also, to whom it may concern, thanks for comparing me to Phil Robertson once again ya'll. That's twice now!!

The ADVISOR must admit..........I'm growing more and more concerned about the lack of activity on this thread from those FEARLESS CENTRAL TIGER FANS!! I'm more shocked with the lack of MUSTANG involvement. I understand that both teams lower lip is hanging a little.......but common guys...............there's still a game to be played Friday!!! Who takes this one????? I am the puzzled ADVISOR!!!

I think THE ADVISOR might be a little on the weird side

There just MIGHT be a couple of self professed Rebel "fans" on here that I believe we won't be claiming unless they settle down ASAP!!!! I'm not a moderator but, I am a Rebel fan and going too far is going too far dude!!! At this point you had better pray that we can play with the Mustangs or you have earned us one serious butt whippin'. Thanks!!!!

Might????

The ADVISOR is ashamed to be cheering for the Lions this week after my Lion friend agrees with such insults! The Ward-full cats should be able to handle those bullish puppies from Gibson County this Friday. However.....the ADVISOR still in uncertain about this game between the Stangs and Blue Tigers!! Thus......the ADVISOR may wait til Thursday to make the call!! I am the "feelings are hurt" ADVISOR!!!

BigRedTigerTown,

Actually, I came to this thread to see what the talk was on the upcoming Mustang/Tiger matchup. (By the way, that is Class A vs. Class AA so I'm legal here!!!) What I found when I got here is another matter. When I got here, I found a bashing going on of two of our county neighbors and now it would seem that the Rebels are included in the thing. I don't know how the Mustangs will do overall this season but, I know it won't end up being their worst by any means. They WILL be in the playoffs! So will Bruceton!! I kinda think the Rebels might sneak in there too!!

It's a Carroll Co. thing.

Both Huntingdon and Bruceton have a lot of football tradition. If one kicks them when they are down they will remember it and will repay it when they aren't down. I think that our Rebels have earned a bit of respect in that regard as well. The Rebels have been kicked when we were down and we haven't forgotten it. Not too sure we would repay it when we are back up----yeah, we probably will.

MOST of us Rebel fans operate on the 26 hour rule. We have 2 hours and all day Saturday to celebrate and brag on the Rebels, then it's all about next week. After the 26 hour rule, the thoughts are on our next opponent, other region games and other county games. Simple concept really.

Beyond that, this thread is pretty much useless.

Also, to whom it may concern, thanks for comparing me to Phil Robertson once again ya'll. That's twice now!!

You remind me alot of the former Louisiana Tech QB!! Your welcome my quacking friend!!!

Sure not the worst person I've ever been compared to but, please try to tone it down just a bit. OK?? Do you duck hunt around Dyersburg????

In an effort to "tone it down"..the ADVISOR will use a Mossy Oak tint as to not cause the duckman to squint!! My Greenhead chasing pal............you know that a man's duck blind location is just as confidential as his crappie beds!! However.......I do frequent the Miston/Bogota area as well as the TN river chasing those feathered creatures!! Been known to blow a Carroll County crafted duck call from time to time as well!! Being the Rebel supporter you are........please give the Advisor your opinion of who will win this Friday between Hollowrock Central and Huntington.......thus finishing second in the chase for the Carroll County trophy!!!

In an effort to "tone it down"..the ADVISOR will use a Mossy Oak tint as to not cause the duckman to squint!! My Greenhead chasing pal............you know that a man's duck blind location is just as confidential as his crappie beds!! However.......I do frequent the Miston/Bogota area as well as the TN river chasing those feathered creatures!! Been known to blow a Carroll County crafted duck call from time to time as well!! Being the Rebel supporter you are........please give the Advisor your opinion of who will win this Friday between Hollowrock Central and Huntington.......thus finishing second in the chase for the Carroll County trophy!!!

As earlier stated, I believe that H-town has too much horsepower for the Tigers but, could be wrong. The Mustangs just have too many weapons for the Tigers to handle IMHO. Time will tell all!!!