Dresden Lions @ Union City Golden Tornadoes

Union City will enter Friday's game with a 1-1 record after their win in Tiptonville beating Lake County in a big region battle 34-6....Dresden is coming off another big loss,this time to Peabody 42-6 after dropping their opener to McKenzie 42-0.....Union City hasn't beat a team outside of 1A in a pretty good while after years of being in the hunt for 2A State Titles with three runner-ups to their credit......Dresden had to endure a coaching change very late and has had to learn Eric Knott's system on the fly.........Union City may have a couple of injuries to deal with,not sure if they were serious or not............Come out for the Booster Club's Kick-Off Pep Rally at 5:30 on Thursday and stick around to catch the Union City freshman play Dyer County......Union City's JV team is also scheduled to take on Huntingdon Monday night (9-10) at Union City.......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Union City can come out and control the clock and keep their penalties down, the Tornados " Should " come away with a Win. Do not underestimate Dresden. They ( Dresden ) are hungry for a Win and we do not want it to be At War Memorial Stadium.

Union City should win by at least 20 if not more points. I also look for us to work on the passing attack and routs.

Good Luck U C.

I hate to say it but UC will win this one easily. Dresden is one dimensional with a Freshman QB whose simply not that good. Ball Control is embarrasing and the Lines are for ...... well Try to hold the norm around 40 UC.

I know you won't listen to me but sit on the run and don't worry about the pass. Turning your head and chuck it is the norm.

Dresden is the worst team in the state in aa. union city wins easily.Dresden is the worst team in the state in aa. union city wins easily.

No, they are not the worst. You forget about Stewart County, Houston County, Waverly, Lorretto and East Hickman. They should make improvement each week. Their only hope for another win is to beat Gibson County.

Easily And as weak a defense that Union City has it will give a chance for Dresden to score at will. But in the end conditioning will take over and the Tornadoes will pull it out. I've listened to Purple talk about how conditioned they are. It seems to me a lil balance is what you should be looking for. I hope you find it before whip a funnel cloud nite in Mckenzie.