Dresden Lions @ Union City Golden Tornadoes

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to happen sooner or later, every team has to deal with rebuilding. And the rebuilding Bug has severely bitten Dresden.

We are not in rebuilding mode, coach Knott is starting from scratch. Unlike the Westviews,Milans,Huntingdons and so forth that has a winning traditon, Dresden has nothing to build on. With the exception of the 1987 Baseball team the Dresden sports teams have never been very good. Coach Knott will not only have to convince the players they can compete and win but also the town. Support has been pretty good the last few month, hopefully it will continue for the next 2 years, because next year may be worst than this year.

Home Opener...Should have a big crowd......Had a big night last night with the community pep rally....Watched the freshman Tornadoes win their second game in as many outings a 24-8 win over Dyer County...Bigster has got to be going nuts....Lake County has only beat Union City's basketball team when the Tornadoes had 4 starters suspended....Union City has beaten his Falcons three for three in football since UC moved down to 1A(TWICE IN TIPTONVILLE) and now UC beats DC and I believe bigster's son is a freshman at DC....

Good Luck to ALL the Region 7-1A teams tonite.....

It appears that Dresden has too much fire power for Union City. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well.........Union City did shoot themselves several times in the foot and our defense couldn't stop Dresden but not to say very much about the Lions defense either. the game came down to turnovers once again and Union City was able to make their recoveries count more than Dresdens. Needless to say, from what everyone is saying, McKenzie is the REAL DEAL and UnION CITY will have to play more than an A game to match up. I would think Union City might just watch the Michigan / Apl. State Game tape ( may help .... may not ).

Union City could have folded their tent and headed the other way early in the Second Half but the kids took it up a notch and came away with a "W"

Union City 36

Dresden 30

Great Job Union City.

It appears that Dresden has too much fire power for Union City. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Probably need to wait till the end of the game to make that type of assumption.....First half UC couldn't have stopped a middle school team then came out in the second half and held Dresden to no offensive scores...Down 30-14 with about 7 minutes to go in the game after the interception return for a TD and things didn't look so well,but then Pat Polk returns the kickoff 86 yards for a TD that seemed to shoot some adrenaline in the guys.....Got to give it to big Will Arnold for hitting another pressure packed FG,this one from 36 yards out to tie the game at 30....UC could have had another TD in the third quarter but had an interception near the goal line after a long drive..........Like ucdiditagain said the kids could have folded up but they didn't and a win is a win is a win......Next up is the big game in McKenzie and I'm sure we will hear that we shouldn't even show up,but it's my guess UC will go ahead and make the trip and play the game....

Dresden will have along season ahead. Defense slow,out of position,passing coverage terrible.

offence- He is doing the best he can but they need a qb in a bad way. The westview game will be sad for the lions.

I have to give it to Dresden and their coach.....They had been blown out the last two weeks and had some internal problems but they came out and played hard..As for the QB,and I didn't see either the Trenton or McKenzie game,but I bet they stopped the Lion run game and made him pass more...He is not an acurate passer and doesn't do well when pressure is put on him but he is a freshman and he just got thrown in there after the Evans injury....For the most part against UC all he had to do was hand the ball off,but when UC finally took the lead and then put some pressure on him,he threw the interception at the end of the game that sealed the game for the Tornadoes.......They also need a place-kicker.....I think I heard last night that their regular kicker was one of the 9 suspended for the Peabody game and he just quit..Having to go for two all the time isn't any good....I bet your right about the Westview game...The Chargers have a stout run defense and they will be chasing Hutcherson all over the field.....

Hey Congratulations on pulling this one out Tornadoes. We sorta had a setback with Trenton. But all you can ask for in these games is a chance to win it. In the last 3 minutes Mckenzie made Trenton give up the ball. We was on the twelve yd line and needed 88 yds for the win. Trenton hadn't stopped us much all night. Dropped passes killed us and on fourth and 4 They blocked a pass. Then thier elusive quarterback made the score 34 to 24. But Yall had a interception that led to a win. And Like I said all you can ask for is a chance. Good Luck to the Tornadoes. And it's good to hear Dresden is recovering nicely. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We are not in rebuilding mode, coach Knott is starting from scratch. Unlike the Westviews,Milans,Huntingdons and so forth that has a winning traditon, Dresden has nothing to build on. With the exception of the 1987 Baseball team the Dresden sports teams have never been very good. Coach Knott will not only have to convince the players they can compete and win but also the town. Support has been pretty good the last few month, hopefully it will continue for the next 2 years, because next year may be worst than this year.

Not going to disagree about the football program in general but have to about the entire sports program not being good. The have been several teams that have gone to state, sub-state in different sports. Girls/Boys basketball, baseball mainly. Not every year but several times besides the 87 baseball team.

well u was wrong dont underestimate the dresden lions whether they have a new coach, 9 starters lost, 7 sophmores or freshmen starting. they clearly should have won that game.

Hummmm.........I do believe we had 8 sophmores on the field as well.

Dresdens just doesn't have what it take to beat the ole Purple & Gold.....never will...