Giles County vs. Spring Hill

norespect

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a good benchmark game for Region 5 3A. Lipscomb plays Cheatham County that night I believe. At this point everybody will see where everybody is...weakeness, strengths, who is going to make a run and who will fade out.

Who will make a run?

David Lipscomb=they own the region, its theirs to lose.

Giles = will be in the hunt for a state title IF they can get past Lipscomb.

Who will fade?

Marshall =they are a possible spoiler for the above two but lack the ability to

make a deep run.

Cheatham,Page,and Spring Hill will compete to get into the playoff race.

Montg. Central may win a region game if Creekwood doesnt pull it together.

Who will make a run?

David Lipscomb=they own the region, its theirs to lose.

Giles = will be in the hunt for a state title IF they can get past Lipscomb.

Who will fade?

Marshall =they are a possible spoiler for the above two but lack the ability to

make a deep run.

Cheatham,Page,and Spring Hill will compete to get into the playoff race.

Montg. Central may win a region game if Creekwood doesnt pull it together.

Cheatham, Page, and Spring Hill have really done so much better than Creek Wood and Montgomery Central.

Hmm let's see Cheatham 0-2, Page 1-2, Spring Hill 1-2, Creek Wood 0-2, Central 0-2. You don't have a clue who is going to finish where, just like no one else does, that is why we play on Friday nights.

I'm glad to see Mt. Pleasant chiming in. Boy, you would know about tough games with zion the last week. Play a tougher schedule and than let me know about how big spring hill will get blown out.

So you are calling Lewis County & Fairview a weak schedule? By the way mTp has to play Zion since both teams are in the same region. Looks like you need to so more homework before chiming in on a comment like that.

By the way this is an open forum & anyone can chime in when ever they want too.

Cheatham, Page, and Spring Hill have really done so much better than Creek Wood and Montgomery Central.

Hmm let's see Cheatham 0-2, Page 1-2, Spring Hill 1-2, Creek Wood 0-2, Central 0-2. You don't have a clue who is going to finish where, just like no one else does, that is why we play on Friday nights.

RIGHT NOW IT IS A WIDE OPEN RACE!!!!!

One would have to easily conclude right now that Lipscomb & Giles will be two of the teams from this region to go to the playoffs.

Marshall Co. made a strong case for themselves last week in beating Creek Wood 49-14. Don't view the Hickman Co. loss as being "bad" because they are a good football team this year. Marshall still has a tough schedule and they did start out 2-0 in the region last year with wins over playoff bound Spring Hill & a win over Creek Wood 20-0. Don't go jumping on their "bandwagon" quite yet because they have after all been very Jekyll & Hyde like in recent years.

Spring Hill was routed in one half by Alcoa (though they did play the Tornadoes much closer than White House did). Columbia Central is an improving 5A school that crushed the Raiders 46-6. Spring Hill did what they had to do last week in bouncing back to beat Montgomery Central 27-0. So far it seems they can't stop and can't score on the really good teams that they've played HOWEVER they also scored at will and shutdown the below average team that they played. THAT RESUME HAS MIDDLE OF THE ROAD WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!!

Page beat Fairview to begin the season 14-13. They were crushed by a below average 5A school in Centennial 30-7. Last week they played the king of the region and got crushed again 38-0. Like Spring Hill the resume for the Pats has middle of the road written all over it.

Cheatham Co. lost to a very good 1A team in Gordonsville 27-21. Though they are very good I must say that they are still just 1A. Take Mt. Pleasant's loss to Lewis Co. in week zero and you can judge how very good upper class teams should do against very good 1A teams. Cheatham Co. has a ways to go to be considered what they've been the past four years. They were hammered last week at Giles 66-20. Giles though is an upper level 3A school. Like Page & Spring Hill the Cubs will be battling to be a middle of the road level team.

Creek Wood started their season off with a 35-13 loss to Clarksville. Clarksville is a very good Class 4A team that went to the quarterfinals of the playoffs last year. Last week the Red Hawks played Marshall Co. and fell 49-14. The Tigers have the potential to be as good as they want to be or as bad as they want to be ("The Jekyll & Hyde"). This was the second straight year they had their way with Creek Wood and last year wasn't a good sign. With that in mind however it must be noted that Creek Wood was still just one win away from the playoffs one year ago. Expect them to bounce back next week with a win over Montgomery Central and to be a middle of the road team battling for the playoffs in the region.

Montgomery Central is still a long way from being a playoff team though they have somewhat closed the gap on everyone and could sneak up and bite someone in the second half of the season.

RECAP

#'1 & #2 are Lipscomb & Giles but what order will that be????? The Mustangs are king of the mountain until proven otherwise but Giles is good enough to beat anyone when they come to play.

#3 could easily be Marshall Co. and they could easily finish in the #2 or possibly #1 spot if their talent plays to the potential that they have. With that in mind this is also a team that has much more proving to do before everyone should jump on the bandwagon.

#4-#7: Cheatham, Page, Spring Hill, & Creek Wood are all going to be battling much like was the case last year when the playoff races went down to the wire when there were five teams going for two spots in week ten. Any of these teams could easily be #3 in the region if they catch Marshall Co. on a "bad night" because like I said earlier I am not totally on board with the Tigers just yet.

#8 Montgomery Central because they are young and have a ways to go to be back as a playoff contender.

Having seen these teams,this is just an opinion ,and any one can be beat on any friday

night but I think it will play out this way.

No disrespect toward the Redhawks,I just thought they would play MC better than they did.

So you are calling Lewis County & Fairview a weak schedule? By the way mTp has to play Zion since both teams are in the same region. Looks like you need to so more homework before chiming in on a comment like that.

By the way this is an open forum & anyone can chime in when ever they want too.

I think they are reffering to the fact that Mt.Pleasant was destroyed in last year's meeting with Giles Co. and Spring Hill lost 21-13 under the same circumstances.

The Lewis Co and Fairview games proved that MP is an average 2A team.

Anyway, good luck to Mt.Pleasant from here on out...Aside from some people, there's a little class in Southern Maury County.

Well my friends Giles wins this one, way to many weapons to defend. Bo Wallace is a field general and will direct this team to victory and will have alot of yards when this one is over.

bo had ONE good game,not to take anything away from him ,he is a good ball player.but they still have the meat of thier schedule left. they have to go TO page,lewisburg,spring hill,not to metion david lipscomb,creekwood and columbia(i know columbia is not a region game)at home and also have to make a long trip to montgomery central.so the playoffs have not started yet anything can happen.

Well my friends Giles wins this one, way to many weapons to defend. Bo Wallace is a field general and will direct this team to victory and will have alot of yards when this one is over.

Giles wins, lots of weapons, Wallace is a Captain at best at this point, Oconnor will direct the team

to victory, and if Wallace is on, he will have a big game,3or4 td passes.

If he is off, 3 or 4 int,s and a pounding ground game.Spring hills secondary may be tricky.

Either way, Giles wins.