Sycamore War Eagles at Cheatham County Cubs

Big Country

Week 3 is here fans of football in "God's Country" and this means that it's time for the battle between the War Eagles & the Cubs. Friday night at Mike Jareau Field at CCCHS in Ashland City these two teams will install the latest chapter in what has become a very exciting game for both schools football teams.

NOTE: before I go any further in this thread let me inform anyone out there that may be confused that this isn't a region game for either team. The War Eagles compete in Region 4-3A & the Cubs compete in Region 5-3A.

The Sycamore War Eagles will make the trip this week and enter the game at 2-1 thus far on the season. They won their opening two contests of the season 24-0 over Springfield & 32-6 over Montgomery Central. Last night they dropped their opening region game of the season by a count of 0-28 to a very strong Station Camp bunch.

The Cheatham County Cubs will welcome their arch rivals this week and enter the game at 0-2 thus far this season. In week zero the Cubs fell 21-27 at Gordonsville (a very strong Class 1A bunch). The Cubs had a BYE in week one and then last night they opened their region slate and fell 20-66 to a very strong Giles Co. bunch.

This game will be broadcast LIVE on Friday night at 7PM on WQSV AM790.

PREDICTIONS & THOUGHTS ARE MORE THAN WELCOMED FROM EVERYONE SO PLEASE CHIME IN BECAUSE I EXPECT THIS TO BE ANOTHER GREAT BATTLE BETWEEN TWO VERY GOOD FOOTBALL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a close one. Both teams will play very hard due to the rivalry.

The radio said the cubs were without their QB in Friday night's loss to Giles.

I would like to find out how long Cheatham Co.'s QB is going to be out before I pick a winner. BC do you have any updates?

Potts is likely out for this week's game as well as next week against Lipscomb and the following week against Greenbrier. The goal right now is for him to come back and be ready by the start of the second half of the season when the Cubs have their five consecutive weeks against teams from within the region (Marshall, Spring Hill, CW, Mont. Cent., & Page).

That is the lone injury issue for the Cubs heading into this week's game and it's not a "big deal" because Tyler Anderson is more than capable of running the offense and moving the team down the field.

HERE IS A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY BETWEEN THESE TWO COUNTY RIVALS

2001: Sycamore beat Cheatham Co. (33-12): Ray Carter & Jordon Mayo (Co-MVPs)

2002: Sycamore beat Cheatham Co. (22-0): Victor O'Connell (MVP)

2003: Cheatham Co. beat Sycamore (41-28): Sam Reeves (MVP)

2004: Sycamore beat Cheatham Co. (36-22): Josh Garza & Maurice Polk (Co-MVPs)

2005: Cheatham Co. beat Sycamore (41-10): Landon Jones & Brad Potts (Co-MVPs)

2006: Sycamore beat Cheatham Co. (36-22): Austin Lohin (MVP)

Who will be the next winner in the series history???? Who will be the next player to put his name in the memories of many as being "A LEGEND" as far as how this rivalry is remembered???? GAME WEEK IS HERE & PREPARATIONS BEGIN TOMORROW FOR BOTH TEAMS!!!!

Sycamore should win this game, because Cheatham has exactly the kind of team, that the War Eagles have had their success against this season. (i.e. teams that have not even come close to winning a game all season.)

RECORDS DON'T MEAN VERY MUCH WHEN IT COMES TO A RIVALRY.

I EXPECT TO SEE A "BLOOD BATH" HOPEFULLY SYC. WILL SHOW UP FOR THIS

ONE. IF NOT THE CCCHS BAND WILL PUT THE BEAT DOWN ON THEM IN THE PARKING LOT.

SYC. HAS HAD 3 GAMES - WITH 3 DIFFERENT STYLES (OFFENSE).

WHAT IS OUR IDENTITY? WHO ARE WE?

RECORDS DON'T MEAN VERY MUCH WHEN IT COMES TO A RIVALRY.

I EXPECT TO SEE A "BLOOD BATH" HOPEFULLY SYC. WILL SHOW UP FOR THIS

ONE. IF NOT THE CCCHS BAND WILL PUT THE BEAT DOWN ON THEM IN THE PARKING LOT.

SYC. HAS HAD 3 GAMES - WITH 3 DIFFERENT STYLES (OFFENSE).

WHAT IS OUR IDENTITY? WHO ARE WE?

Coach Halstead is a great offensive mind and Sycamore will certainly get something figured out on offense. TRUST ME!!!!