Sycamore War Eagles at Cheatham County Cubs

Big Country

Coach Halstead is a great offensive mind and Sycamore will certainly get something figured out on offense. TRUST ME!!!!

YOUR RIGHT BC. COACH HALSTEAD IS A VERY GOOD OFFENSIVE PLANNER.

IT'S JUST FRUSTRATING TO SEE THE CONFUSION OF WHO IS SUPPOSE TO

BE ON THE FIELD . WHAT OFF. THEY ARE RUNNING ETC.

I BET THAT WON'T HAPPEN THIS WEEK.

GO WAR EAGLES!

NO INJURIES TO EITHER TEAM.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for both teams to be hungry this week coming off losses. This has always been an emotional/physical game that has gone to the team that came out mentally prepared to play. Both squads have good coaching staffs that get the most out of their respective players. Should have all the makings of a great game!

All that said, Go War Eagles!

Sycamore should kill Cheatham county. Cheatham county backup qb Tyler Anderson is not good. He is unable to throw the ball, so they have to rely on the run. That should give Sycamore a big advantage.

Tyler Anderson is going to be just fine. It's kind of difficult to prepare when you are told on GAMEDAY that you will be the starting QB due to a freak injury to puts the regular starter on the injured list. No practice time during the week at the position makes things very hard not only for a quarterback but for the entire offense as well if they have to adjust around it at the last moment. With school and a 2 hour bus trip to Giles this made it even worse. It's not like the young man had all afternoon to rep plays between school and the trip to Pulaski. NO EXCUSES!!!! Cheatham will be fine and I expect Tyler Anderson to do just fine at the QB position. He is a very capable young man with a lot of potential and his teammates really have the upmost confidence in his ability to get the job done. The coaching staff has this confidence as well from talking to those guys. Cheatham has produced some quality QBs during the "Finley Era" with Chris Langley, Kendall Bell, & Kyle Christmas. I don't expect things to just suddenly become drastically different just because of one bad loss at Giles Co. LIFE GOES ON!!!!!

Sycamore should kill Cheatham county. Cheatham county backup qb Tyler Anderson is not good. He is unable to throw the ball, so they have to rely on the run. That should give Sycamore a big advantage.

Tyler Anderson is going to be just fine. It's kind of difficult to prepare when you are told on GAMEDAY that you will be the starting QB due to a freak injury to puts the regular starter on the injured list. No practice time during the week at the position makes things very hard not only for a quarterback but for the entire offense as well if they have to adjust around it at the last moment. With school and a 2 hour bus trip to Giles this made it even worse. It's not like the young man had all afternoon to rep plays between school and the trip to Pulaski. NO EXCUSES!!!! Cheatham will be fine and I expect Tyler Anderson to do just fine at the QB position. He is a very capable young man with a lot of potential and his teammates really have the upmost confidence in his ability to get the job done. The coaching staff has this confidence as well from talking to those guys. Cheatham has produced some quality QBs during the "Finley Era" with Chris Langley, Kendall Bell, & Kyle Christmas. I don't expect things to just suddenly become drastically different just because of one bad loss at Giles Co. LIFE GOES ON!!!!!

Can't wait for Friday night. It is sure to be a good game and I have full faith that my Sycamore War Eagles will be coming to Play this Friday. Always a pleasure to return to your alma mater. Best wishes for speedy recoveries to all the young men who are out on both sides of the ball. War Eagles, play with heart and play as a team. GO WAR EAGLES!!

Can't wait for Friday night. It is sure to be a good game and I have full faith that my Sycamore War Eagles will be coming to Play this Friday. Always a pleasure to return to your alma mater. Best wishes for speedy recoveries to all the young men who are out on both sides of the ball. War Eagles, play with heart and play as a team. GO WAR EAGLES!!

Cheatham Co. will be without the services of three defensive starters and one offensive starter in this one. Injuries have really started to mount up for the Cubs heading into this one.

How is the young man doing who had to take an emergency trip to the hospital a few weeks ago for Sycamore???? I know he is the team's normal long-snapper but his name has completely slipped my mind. Does Sycamore have any other injury issues heading into this one (PLEASE NO NAMES IF YOU WISH TO KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES FOLKS)?????

Cheatham Co. will be without the services of three defensive starters and one offensive starter in this one. Injuries have really started to mount up for the Cubs heading into this one.

How is the young man doing who had to take an emergency trip to the hospital a few weeks ago for Sycamore???? I know he is the team's normal long-snapper but his name has completely slipped my mind. Does Sycamore have any other injury issues heading into this one (PLEASE NO NAMES IF YOU WISH TO KEEP THEM TO YOURSELVES FOLKS)?????

The young man who was in the hospital was #68 Sam Womack. He is out and doing well and I assume we will see him on the field Friday night. Always hate to see injuries this early in the season but when key players are out it only strengthens a program when it forces others to step up. I know you will be proud of your alma mater on Friday night. Go War Eagles....

BIG WEEK. This game was always the best. No matter which team was dominant the scores been close and the games exciting. Im a war eagle so naturally Im rooting for halstead to coach and the players to play. I think the powder keg stays at sycamore. It comes down to who wants it more. someone keep me posted on the game.

yea keep me posted also. i wont be able to make this game. all i have to say is good luck war eagles and someone step up and be a leader on this team. thats all they are missing. they have all the tools, just need a leader.

If Sycamore take Cheatham Co. lightly they will lose.

It is hard to for high school kids to take an 0-2 team that got beat badly in their last game seriously, but they need to do it.

Cheatham Co. is going to be competitive. If Sycamore turns the ball over, Cheatham Co. will win this game.

Both teams will play hard. I think it will be decided in the 4th quarter. I like Anderson to Henry on the TE hot pass from the 20yd line going in for the winning touchdown. 28-21.

Well the War Eagles man-handled the Cheatham County cubs tonight at Mke Jarreau field in Ashland City 35-6. Sycamore got off to a great start with a 70 yd. TD run by Junior QB Jake Simms. Simms and Carrigan did some great work on the ground for the War Eagles tonight. Sycamore's defense made some good stops on the run, but Cheathams receivers sometimes slipped behind Sycamore's DB's and dropped the passes. Sycamore's secondary is going to have to step it up big time against Deaunte Mason and Co. from Pearl Cohn. Sycamore also needs to get the passing game going, but hey they won tonight and thats all that matters. Good job Sycamore and be ready for PC next Friday for homecoming.