Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

Wow! A person with under 20 posts who actually gets it! My hats off to you ChelseaFC! You are the man! (or woman?)

Very well said...

everything was dead last week

so people have to vent this week but luckily for me i have thick skin

REMEMBER POSTERS THIS IS HIGH SCHOOL SOCCER NOT LIFE OR DEATH

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH..........I get it now too. Unless you are from one of the 'elite' schools, which means one that has the benefit of a lot of club players for the most part, then everyone else should just go home. There is no benefit to the other schools, coaches, players, or communities to even play soccer or have a team. None of the other benefits of school sports matter. It's all about rankings, state championships, how many state championships and when did they occur. You guys obviously need your own league.........maybe we should only have a West, Middle, and East Tennesse High School soccer team. This place is really getting to be a piece of work!!!! I have seen several schools this year with girls that give great effort, have pride in their schools, and play for the love of the game, even though some of the outcomes are lop-sided. Those girls at least give the time and effort to participate in a team sport and should be commended......as well as encouraged. What about the girls on the 'champion' teams that sit the bench, rarely get playing time, should they quit? do you know their names? do they matter? Go back to the earlier posts here and try to say something nice, or don't say it at all.

Here is how it looks to me...

Canesoverhere is an adult, but sounds like a teenage girl.

siegelplayer4 is a teenage girl, but sounds like an adult.

VicFerrari is just jealous that Collierville isn't getting much love.

I've taken some shots at Siegel in the past, but before 2 years ago, what has Collierville EVER done in girls soccer?

See the blank space above? That is the answer to my question.

This post was a reply to a post I asked how a team (pick any team) can be 3-4-1 and ranked 10th. (the original post curious why they are not ranked 6th in a ranking poll).

Wasnt Impressed with either team's Skill or Speed. Really! I guess that may be the way a Collierville supporter might have seen it. I think I might have even been sitting near you at the game. It was a well played game between two good teams even if you want to belittle them. Would like to see how often Collierville would make it to state if they played in Brentwoods district. Must be nice to know that due to the weakness in competition in the west Collierville has a free Ride to state every year.

Hm....where did I belittle either team? With all the hype that sometimes gets written in these message boards, I said I wasn't impressed AND that it may have been an off night. That's the way I saw it, it was my opinion and has nothing to do with being a C-ville supporter. Come September 25, I expect a more intense Houston team to show up when they play C-ville.

Yeah, I agree, the AAA competition in the west is weak and perhaps even weaker now than in the past. Hey, we at least agree on this! But, free ride? Come on, you know nothing is free and you still have to play the game because on any given day, an underdog can beat a favorite. Does South Carolina's win over UNC come to mind? An intermediate goal may be getting to state, but the ultimate goal is getting to finals and taking home the crown. At state, the west teams have to beat middle and east teams to get to the finals. And, if you take a look at the record books, you will see that the west has been well represented over the years as champions and finalist. C-ville has been to the finals the past two years straight and got there last year by beating a talented Siegel team, 3-0 if I remember right. And I do say "talented" with all due respect. So yeah, the district is weak, but C-ville plays as tough of schedule as anyone in AAA when you look at their non-district games.

Here is how it looks to me...

Canesoverhere is an adult, but sounds like a teenage girl.

siegelplayer4 is a teenage girl, but sounds like an adult.

VicFerrari is just jealous that Collierville isn't getting much love.

I've taken some shots at Siegel in the past, but before 2 years ago, what has Collierville EVER done in girls soccer?

See the blank space above? That is the answer to my question.

No, can't say that I care or think about the "love," bud. But, perhaps you can share some with all of us and then we and can all just get along.

Now, if you're going to state numbers, at least be more accurate. C-ville made its turn around in 2003 and went to state for the first time that year. That's at least the elite 8 in the state, right? So really, before 4 years ago, they were a blank spot in the world of TN soccer. However, if the record books are accurate, they have done as much as Brentwood (1 state champion and 1 finalist) and more than many other teams discussed in this post.

OH..........I get it now too. Unless you are from one of the 'elite' schools, which means one that has the benefit of a lot of club players for the most part, then everyone else should just go home. There is no benefit to the other schools, coaches, players, or communities to even play soccer or have a team. None of the other benefits of school sports matter. It's all about rankings, state championships, how many state championships and when did they occur. You guys obviously need your own league.........maybe we should only have a West, Middle, and East Tennesse High School soccer team. This place is really getting to be a piece of work!!!! I have seen several schools this year with girls that give great effort, have pride in their schools, and play for the love of the game, even though some of the outcomes are lop-sided. Those girls at least give the time and effort to participate in a team sport and should be commended......as well as encouraged. What about the girls on the 'champion' teams that sit the bench, rarely get playing time, should they quit? do you know their names? do they matter? Go back to the earlier posts here and try to say something nice, or don't say it at all.

I agree Bean, because what many don't realize is that those girls on the Championship teams are pushing the Starters everyday in practice. We do need to remember the Rankings are for fun, and the regular season is there to get playing time and experience for each of these teams so they are ready for the districts tournaments. At that point maybe some of those teams with lesser records may advance, if not they were able to gain valuable experience, through playing the game, as well as the benefit of developing relationships with their teammates that can make their High School year much better. If nothing else comes from my daughter's High School soccer experience, just the confidence she has developed to not be so shy in meeting new people and talking to new people alone, has been worth it. Believe me her team took their whippings last year on the field, but she did learn alot and mature alot as a young lady.

This post was a reply to a post I asked how a team (pick any team) can be 3-4-1 and ranked 10th. (the original post curious why they are not ranked 6th in a ranking poll).

Is is not " THE WORST OF THE BEST IS BETTER THAN THE BEST OF THE WORST " ??????????????

Sounds like it was a tie with siegel and Houston until 0 seconds. So Houston is 10-0. If a team can play even for 79.9 minutes and do that with the best teams most of the time, why shouldn't they be on the chart. St. Agnes played Hendersonville, Brentwood and Franklin and had 4 goals scored on them and only scored 1, so now they have 2 L s and moved down. If they had played ABC Academy, Mid Winter High and Crooked Creek and beat them 10-0 each, should they move up??????? Strength of schedule does count. These are rankings, not mathematical projections and Mr. MJUHB does a fine job of stirring the pot.