Great Start Owls! WB Next...

Excaliber

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say great start but I would say good start. I think the Owls have a lot of things going for them and they are going to be a much better team at the end of the season. Remember we have a coach that has won it all, one of the top running backs in all of TN, a QB who only missed 4 passes in his first start (granted 3 of the 4 were INT) good line play, great receivers and a much better secondary. We have had a terrible schedule for finding a rhythm (on a week off a week), but this will take care of itself in two weeks.

Has this year been as easy as last year; NO, but anyone who thought it would had blinders on. We played better Friday night than we did two weeks ago and I expect the same level of improvement to happen over the next two weeks. The WB game is going to be a war, with a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck we can win.

Go Owls

Impressive start for a team of great kids against two very good teams! Thoughts on the William Blount match-up?

Beating White County and hang on to beat a young McMinn County team is not impressive at all. I remember all the talk from the Owls nest this summer was state championship, region champs, and best team in Chattanooga. It is clear in week 3 that the region championship is up for grabs. The GOVS do'nt like you guys anyways. You better hope you resolve you QB problems or Willie Blount will. After WB, the Ridgers and Sterling's Admirals are laying in wait. GO GOVS

Question for the Owls. By the score it appeared that you struggled against McMinn, who has not exactly been a region power lately. Was it because McMinn is much improved, or you had a bad game, or just not as good as you thought you'd be? If I remember correctly your senior class should be strong, and your sophmore class as well. As a Farragut guy I know we have a long way to go before we see you, but I assumed you would be rolling as usual.

Beating White County and hang on to beat a young McMinn County team is not impressive at all. I remember all the talk from the Owls nest this summer was state championship, region champs, and best team in Chattanooga. It is clear in week 3 that the region championship is up for grabs. The GOVS do'nt like you guys anyways. You better hope you resolve you QB problems or Willie Blount will. After WB, the Ridgers and Sterling's Admirals are laying in wait. GO GOVS

Sorry... guess I just got carried away with the stats. A defense that negated any errors made by a soph QB (who had over 200 yds passing & 1 rushing td). A receiving corp that made incredible catches. A RB with over 240 all purpose yds and 2 tds.

As far as how good McMinn is... I 'll let them answer that when you play them!

WHAT OWLS WERE YOU TALKING TO?KIDS I GUESS. THERE IS NOTHING TO "SORT OUT" AT QB. WE HAVE A GREAT ONE. BUT HE IS A SOPHMORE AND WILL GET BETTER EVERY WEEK. I JUST WISH WE PLAYED WB LATER IN THE SEASON. BUT THEN AGAIN WE COULD IN THE PLAYOFFS. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY AND MAYBE I'M WRONG, AND IF I AM I AM SURE YOU WILL TELL ME, BUT DIDN'T A DECENT WB TEAM LOSE TO MCMINN LAST YEAR? AND FINISH BEHIND THEM IN THE REGION??IT IS OK THAT WB DOESN'T LIKE US. BELIEVE ME I WOULD RATHER BE SHOT THAN TO GO THERE AND PLAY. I DO FEEL LIKE WE WILL LOSE TO THEM. DON'T GET ME WRONG, WE COULD WIN TOO. YOU NEVER KNOW. GLOAT ALL YOU WANT . THERE ARE SOME GOOD SENIORS ON THIS TEAM. BUT MOSTLY THEY ARE SOPHS SO GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN

Question for the Owls. By the score it appeared that you struggled against McMinn, who has not exactly been a region power lately. Was it because McMinn is much improved, or you had a bad game, or just not as good as you thought you'd be? If I remember correctly your senior class should be strong, and your sophmore class as well. As a Farragut guy I know we have a long way to go before we see you, but I assumed you would be rolling as usual.

Ooltewah had 400 yards of total offense. McMinn had 185. Ooltewah turned the ball over 3 times which was costly. McMinn also made the plays when they had to inorder to keep the game close. McMinn is a small team but quick and physical. Their QB will give region 2-5a fits. Don't think that WB and Farragut will run over Ooltewah just because of the slow start this year and 1 td win of McMinn. Ooltewah has the athletes and coaching to beat anyone. This region is by far the toughest in the state. 4 teams in the top 5 in the state. Thats strong....

ImaOWL,

I hope you don't think I was casting aspersions about Ooltewah. I know first hand they have talent. My point was that I was surprised that McMinn kept it a close game. Anyone can have an off night, which was what I was asking. I doubt anyone in the know about region 2-5A would believe that anyone will runover the Owls.

Actually McMinn was everything that we expected... they are a very good team. Thank goodness we caught them early in the season. But as I pointed out earlier, the final score is only one stat... take a look at the rest! I'm sure the game with Farragut will be exciting as usual!

But First.... WB!!!